User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Are you forgetting that I am a mother with a young son? I would no more go into the men's dressing room to help him pick out clothes than I would go into the men's locker room to help him get ready to swim. This is why I buy his clothing and try it on him at home and keep the receipt. If we ever have to buy him something that HAS to be tried on at the store, I'd either find a place with family dressing rooms or his dad would do it. Probably the former, since his dad hates shopping even more than I do.
    I've seen mothers do it was my point. In fact I even had one walk in on me once, which was somewhat embarrassing for both parties. Just because you are perfectly "courteous" doesn't mean everyone is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I've seen mothers do it was my point. In fact I even had one walk in on me once, which was somewhat embarrassing for both parties. Just because you are perfectly "courteous" doesn't mean everyone is.
    Are you arguing for my side now? You had a woman in the men's dressing room with you, it was embarrassing, you wish she hadn't come in? That is just about exactly what I have been saying!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    OMNi

Are you arguing for my side now? You had a woman in the men's dressing room with you, it was embarrassing, you wish she hadn't come in? That is just about exactly what I have been saying!
    No, its that damn Fe!

Bad Fe! No harmonizing with Ivy's postion!

I don't even know what your argument is anymore. You think people should be more courteous when it comes to dressing rooms? Fine, but the only thing people have direct control over is themselves. If you want some people who shouldn't be in a dressing room to learn that it is "discourteous" then request that the management ask them to leave. Next time they will probably know better.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Mod Stuff:

Moved some posts here.

Please do not start that discussion up again in this thread.

Also, to Kiddo especially, but to a bunch of other people, please take a metaphorical step back before continuing to post, (since apparently some people have stronger opinions about this subject, that are rubbing up against each other kind of harshly. Remember, though, that others will have a different experience and opinions.)

Thanks you, and back to the thread in progress.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    to Kiddo especially...

I am in my mellowing phase.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

For the most part I've been enjoying the debate with Kiddo here. I get a pretty friendly vibe from it. I was on debate team in college and sometimes I appreciate a sparring partner. But yeah, this thread seems to be getting pretty volatile so I echo Zergling's urgings to try and remain civil.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No, it is called common sense. If a women was in a man's clothing store and she wanted to try on clothes and there was only one dressing room, then I feel it wouldn't be tasteless for her to use it. It goes either way, and it isn't based on any value, just practicality.
    Okay, then... do you think other men feel this way, or is this just what you personally feel? What makes you believe it's common sense and not your opinion? Do common sense and practicality carry more weight than feelings, or do feelings carry more weight? We have to decide that before moving forward.
    It seems silly to me that somebody is suppose to go out of there way for what might not even be an issue. If you percieve it as discourteous, then fine, but it's a free country and people also have the right to politely request that a person leave the dressing room. It's an inconvenience either way.
    I'm just saying, there has to be a rule one way or the other for consistency's sake, because that would certainly constitute common sense, and resolve the issue (assuming that should be the standard). Also, it seems somewhat strange that you are demanding to be able to do something for practical reasons (thus disregarding other's feelings), yet turning around and using your feelings as a reason why you should be accommodated by these people enough to have a request made of you instead of you implicitly understanding it.

Have you studied rhetoric or logic much, Kiddo? I believe you would do well to do so. You have the passion, just not enough of the skill.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

As for "it's a free country," sure it is. I'm free to pick my nose at a restaurant, too, but I really should know better. .
    I love women that pick their nose in restaurants.

Wait, this is the "weird turn ons" thread, right?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    maybe it's different here, or I'm misunderstanding you, but I often see men in the dressing room area. Not in the actual stalls of course, but in the big room the stalls open into, sure. That room's usually fairly visible to the rest of the store, for that matter.

it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I don't usually (ever?) see women coming out of the stalls half-dressed.
    That's pretty much been my experience. I've only ever been in one store (a cheap department store) which has clearly defined changing rooms for men and women. Jeans shops catering to both men and women tend to have unisex change rooms here IIRC. The only places I feel uncomfortable with men hanging round dressing rooms are the lingerie sections of big department stores or lingerie shops - but maybe that's just my personal hang-up.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Enneagram
    1w2

I'm sorry. I did not realize that it was common knowledge that if you are a male trying on women's clothes in a store that only has one dressing room, that you are suppose to go find another store out of respect for all the women who might or might not care whether you use that dressing room. Forgive me for not getting that memo from the courtesy police.
    Kiddo did you even read the OP or did you just see me mention gay and transgender and you got all wild-eyed and foamy? Where did you get this from?

1. I was in a woman's clothing store. Not Old Navy, not Gap, not Express, no unisex changing rooms. I don't care about unisex changing rooms, but I assume in a woman's clothing store it's a single sex dressing room. That is not an unreasonable assumption. Nor do I think it's unreasonable or prudish to ask that in a woman's clothing store, I see women exclusively using the dressing rooms. You argument sounds idiotic.

2. There were several dressing rooms in both stores and one of the stores even had a lounge area for people to sit in. If the woman was so hellbent on having her boyfriend's (or whoever he was) she could have walked out to the waiting are and not had him sitting in the DRESSING ROOM PROPER.