User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    So in other words, they also have to be mind readers.
    Kiddo, nobody has to be a mind reader to know not go into a private space meant for the opposite sex. I have talked to women who say they go in the men's bathroom when there's a line for the women's. I wouldn't do that, not because I care that much myself (I've seen a dick before) and not because I'm a mindreader, but because it's easy to see that it might make the guys in there uncomfortable.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I defended their choice because it is the only choice they have. In my opinion, it would be tasteless for them to use the women's dressing room if their was a male dressing room available. That of course, has nothing to do with making the value judgement of whether or not it is tasteless for men to wear women's clothes.
    Where is this standard you're using to say it's okay to make value judgments on who can use a dressing room, but not about who can wear what clothing? Is that not a value judgment in itself? People make value judgments about how other people are dressed all the time. Just looking at other people's clothing, people naturally make inferences about their income level, aesthetic awareness, personality, and respect for authority.

And it isn't actually the only choice... they could just purchase the clothing and hope it fits, measuring carefully. Possibly trying it on at home. That is an option, it just requires more work. People who are self-conscious about changing clothes in public end up doing this anyway.

Note this is just intellectual and hypothetical for me... I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

What if a lesbian is in the next room? I mean, she could be all checking out your goodies, legally, the perv.

I don't care who's in a dressing room, as long as the person isn't in my dressing room. I like my little space to myself, thanks.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    What if a lesbian is in the next room? I mean, she could be all checking out your goodies, legally, the perv.
    Lesbians don't have penises.
    I don't care who's in a dressing room, as long as the person isn't in my dressing room. I like my little space to myself, thanks.
    Agreed, but I wouldn't want a 6'4 dude gawking around while I am trying on clothes. Then again I rarely try clothes on in a store so whatever.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    lol, Have you been drinking or possibly falling and hit your head on a table or something?
    How charitable of you. Really.
    no sarcasm here at all, btw.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Things don't work that way in our house but I do know women who nag the shit out of their husbands. Those men are so beaten down it's a shame, but they've allowed it so whose to really blame? If you're too pussyfied to tell your wife or g/f that you are your own person and don't want to do everything she wants you to do then you deserve what you get. Also those type of men that you've mentioned rarely get laid and are the perviest of the pervs from what I've witnessed in my middle class suburban surroundings.
    Maybe some of these males are just being considerate and supportive, even if they find the commercials more interesting than the activity.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Good grief.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Kiddo, nobody has to be a mind reader to know not go into a private space meant for the opposite sex. I have talked to women who say they go in the men's bathroom when there's a line for the women's. I wouldn't do that, not because I care that much myself (I've seen a dick before) and not because I'm a mindreader, but because it's easy to see that it might make the guys in there uncomfortable.
    Tell it to all the mothers who go into the men's dressing room to help their young sons pick out clothes.

I think overall, it is a pretty trivial matter. Nothing but a minor inconvenience that is rare and can easily be settled by a polite request. In other words, here is your mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Where is this standard you're using to say it's okay to make value judgments on who can use a dressing room, but not about who can wear what clothing? Is that not a value judgment in itself?
    No, it is called common sense. If a women was in a man's clothing store and she wanted to try on clothes and there was only one dressing room, then I feel it wouldn't be tasteless for her to use it. It goes either way, and it isn't based on any value, just practicality.

And it isn't actually the only choice... they could just purchase the clothing and hope it fits, measuring carefully. Possibly trying it on at home. That is an option, it just requires more work. People who are self-conscious about changing clothes in public end up doing this anyway.
    It seems silly to me that somebody is suppose to go out of there way for what might not even be an issue. If you percieve it as discourteous, then fine, but it's a free country and people also have the right to politely request that a person leave the dressing room. It's an inconvenience either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well, it obviously is an issue to enough women...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Tell it to all the mothers who go into the men's dressing room to help their young sons pick out clothes.
    Are you forgetting that I am a mother with a young son? I would no more go into the men's dressing room to help him pick out clothes than I would go into the men's locker room to help him get ready to swim. This is why I buy his clothing and try it on him at home and keep the receipt. If we ever have to buy him something that HAS to be tried on at the store, I'd either find a place with family dressing rooms or his dad would do it. Probably the former, since his dad hates shopping even more than I do.