User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'd actually go so far as to say that if you're considering taste, it's in poor taste for men to wear women's clothing... don't you think? If they're not women, why are they wearing women's clothing? That doesn't even make sense. I could understand a man going in and buying women's clothing for someone else, but not for himself. Seriously, what's with that? Is he disguising himself to sneak past a security guard?
    That is your value judgment. I don't wear, nor am I interested in wearing women's clothes, but I don't feel it is my place to judge others for doing so. If you wish to argue that you feel it is tasteless for men to wear women's clothes, then feel free to do so, but don't try to impose that value judgement on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    So in other words, people are suppose to go out of there way just to suit you? :rolli:
    No, people are supposed to go out of their ways to be considerate of other people. I'm willing to do my part, and I expect others to do the same without being asked.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    No, people are supposed to go out of their ways to be considerate of other people. I'm willing to do my part, and I expect others to do the same without being asked.
    So in other words, they also have to be mind readers.

RDF

When I've seen men in the women's clothing section or near the women's dressing rooms, it's almost always because the wife dragged him there.

You even see it as a comedy routine (in commercials and such). The woman comes out of the dressing room in different outfits, asks the guy's advice, and then buys exactly the opposite of what the man recommended.

I also see women in the men's clothing section or discreetly hanging around the men's dressing rooms. Usually they are girlfriends and wives who don't trust their guy to dress himself properly or know the latest fashion. You see them debating and discussing with the salesman or the tailor while the boyfriend or husband stands there silently looking uncomfortable.

Just another sign that it's really women who run the world.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

So in other words, they also have to be mind readers.
    It takes a psychic to figure out common courtesy? That explains a lot.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    It takes a psychic to figure out common courtesy? That explains a lot.
    I'm sorry. I did not realize that it was common knowledge that if you are a male trying on women's clothes in a store that only has one dressing room, that you are suppose to go find another store out of respect for all the women who might or might not care whether you use that dressing room. Forgive me for not getting that memo from the courtesy police.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

That is your value judgment. I don't wear, nor am I interested in wearing women's clothes, but I don't feel it is my place to judge others for doing so. If you wish to argue that you feel it is tasteless for men to wear women's clothes, then feel free to do so, but don't try to impose that value judgement on me.
    Yes, that was my point. Taste is a value judgment. It doesn't make sense to impose it, no matter how common it is thought to be.

You said the following, however:

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo
    If they are trying on clothes and it is the only dressing room, I would say that it isn't in poor taste since that is the only option available.
    You defended their choice with a value judgment, and I pointed out another value judgment that could condemn it... whose is right? It doesn't clear the situation up at all.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm sorry. I did not realize that it was common knowledge that if you are a male trying on women's clothes in a store that only has one dressing room, that you are suppose to go find another store out of respect for all the women who might or might not care whether you use that dressing room. Forgive me for not getting that memo from the courtesy police.
    Settle down turbo, it's not that funny.

If you wouldn't mind please, can you tell me what stores cater to both men and women that only have unisex fitting rooms? I usually shop at Dillards, Belks, Gap, Banana Republic, ect and they all have separate rooms for men and women to try clothes on in.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    YYou defended their choice with a value judgment, and I pointed out another value judgment that could condemn it... whose is right? It doesn't clear the situation up at all.
    I defended their choice because it is the only choice they have. In my opinion, it would be tasteless for them to use the women's dressing room if their was a male dressing room available. That of course, has nothing to do with making the value judgement of whether or not it is tasteless for men to wear women's clothes.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I am in my own stall with my own mirror so who cares?
    Ditto. The outside dressing area is a fairly open area anyway. As long as people in there are respectful, I feel fairly comfortable.