TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    You know, I just realized something...

I wonder...

Why is it that I've never seen any females in a Men's clothing store, but males are often seen in Women's clothing stores? Even in department stores, I rarely see females in the male sections, while there are often males in the female sections.
    Because men are freaks and pervs.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Ha! Says the gender that gets all the sensuous silky fabrics :steam:

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Actually, that is a priceless female response.

Based on experience, I'm sure it's because females drug those poor males shopping with them. Males are just generally more considerate of females than females generally are of males.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    You know, I just realized something...

I wonder...

Why is it that I've never seen any females in a Men's clothing store, but males are often seen in Women's clothing stores? Even in department stores, I rarely see females in the male sections, while there are often males in the female sections.
    Because men's clothing is boring.

Or maybe women are just dragging their dudes along for shopping trips, but not vice versa.

Edit: LOL. Those poor males.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Whether or not it is in poor taste for men to use the dressing room in a women's store depends on the situation. If they are trying on clothes and it is the only dressing room, I would say that it isn't in poor taste since that is the only option available.
    I'd actually go so far as to say that if you're considering taste, it's in poor taste for men to wear women's clothing... don't you think? If they're not women, why are they wearing women's clothing? That doesn't even make sense. I could understand a man going in and buying women's clothing for someone else, but not for himself. Seriously, what's with that? Is he disguising himself to sneak past a security guard? But, there's no accounting for taste, so I'd overlook that aspect of it.

Anyway, I think dressing rooms are a bad idea altogether. People shouldn't change into clothes they don't own (risking having to pay for them if they rip or break them while changing into them), and then put them back on the rack if they don't like them. I think that's kind of unsanitary...

As for men being in them... well, I suppose technically it's only inappropriate if they put up a sign designating it for one gender or restricting another from it (like on a bathroom). Otherwise, the person may for some valid reason think there's no restriction. So the store should definitely make it clear who can use it... whether it's unisex, male, female, etc. People can (and will) be oblivious to taste and empathy at times, but you can reasonably expect them to acknowledge posted signs or relevant laws.

If you really think about it, though... doesn't it seem odd to think that a few thin pieces of cloth are the difference between feeling proud and feeling violated when someone looks at you? I wonder why it works that way? In the big picture, it really seems like a silly thing to quibble over. People's concerns are so weird at times.

MBTI
    INtP

Assertive vs. Aggressive... it's pretty much the same thing to me, just that one's more polite than the other - I don't think that many customers would appreciate having to do either simply to feel comfortable in a clothing store. Instead many will just leave and go somewhere else. I know it's what I'd do if I felt uncomfortable trying things on in a store. At best, I'd just leave and (maybe) come back later. Either way, the store's out on a potential sale. If the store is truly intending to sell both men's and women's clothing, it seems that separate changing areas or completely private unisex rooms (seem pretty common where I usually shop) would be the only way to go.

From a strictly dollars-and-cents perspective, the store stands to lose a lot more by alienating female customers than by asking men to stay out of the changing area. It seems simply good business practice to have the store set and maintain the policy for the comfort of the customers.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Thanks for the language lesson. I know the difference between assertive and aggressive. I think in context it's clear that I meant that I would FEEL aggressive having to confront someone like that, whether or not I had the right to expect them to comply.
    Not to sound rude, but it sounds like a personal problem to me. If simply being inconvenienced is your problem then welcome to the real world.

I disagree. Just like I would find a restaurant/store that isn't uptight about a patron nursing a baby there instead of forcing the issue, I think a guy who wants to try on women's clothing can find a store that has clothing for both sexes and take their choices into the men's room, or one that has a "family changing room" (those are typically unisex and private), or one that has made all their changing rooms unisex.
    So in other words, people are suppose to go out of there way just to suit you? :rolli:

I'm sorry, but this entire discussion is just too damn silly. It shows how ludicrous social gender expectations really are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Seriously, what's with that? Is he disguising himself to sneak past a security guard?
    Nah, that'd be the Imperial Stormtrooper supply shop.

I was once driving along the palmetto expressway and a man came up alongside my vehicle to show me his dick while making blow job gestures. I don't know about you, but I've never had a woman show me her tits while driving down the highway.
    I'm rarely speechless, but that's a bit mind boggling. I'd settle for a world where people wait to be asked before showing their goodies to passing cars (presuming I can't choose who, and when).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm guessing some figure if they're getting dragged to dressing rooms they'll get their time's worth by ogling other half-dressed women on the sly when the gf's not looking.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

This problem does not exist in Saudi Arabia, since males and females really don't mix. For instance, females may go to entirely-gender-segregated malls where they will never even encounter a male. Males can't usually even eat within visible range of a female, unless she's wearing protective clothing so those beasts cannot look upon them and possibly think something that might be offensive.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.