User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Does this mean that I'm a bad citizen for bringing the person I date into dressing rooms with me for wanton purposes?

Not always.... but sometimes THAT'S a good reason for why a person of the wrong gender/sex may be in the dressing room

(yeah- I'll use the men's restroom if the line for the women's one is too long too )
    A bad citizen? Well, you're not technically harming anyone, so not bad in that sense.

Let's go with "unladylike, flippant and impulse-driven." But being an ENTP, those labels probably aren't new to you.

I'd say it's definitely not the most considerate thing you could do, and that it would justify both of you being kicked out of the store, possibly barred from returning. But it doesn't make you a bad citizen, since you didn't harm anyone or damage any property.

MBTI
    INTP

If the males can't see you, why would you care if they're in the dressing area?

Sorry, that question has already been asked.

I just don't understand the answer.

MBTI
    ISTJ

My mom was at Ricki's once, she was trying out a shirt. A guy was sitting on the benches in the dressing room, so I plopped right next to him and pretended to check my nails (for fun). He scooted over a little and I stole a quick glance at him. He was sweating a little. Finally, he got up and walked out. It was weird. Maybe he couldn't stand being with so many girls in the same room? *laugh* I don't think there's anything really wrong with guys being in a dressing room, it happens all the time. And I have never seen a separate men's dressing room in my entire life. I'm not lying.
    f a s h i o n
    c a n
    b e
    l o v e ♥

MBTI
    FiSi

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    I've never been in H&M, but I know they started in Sweden and have ridiculously cheap clothes. Perhaps they have laxer ideas of propriety.
    The dressing stalls here in the north have always been H&M style. In every single shop. I suppose separate dressing rooms would be considered waste of space here.

Well... is it a surprise? Lol, we have the sauna and everything.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Edit: removed the post myself due to rough language complaints. Hey! What do you expect from a guy whose primary interests are guns, beer, tattooes and ships?
    Last edited by Valiant; 06-18-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: removed derogatory remarks

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    GONE

Wow, 14 pages and counting!

I'm still wading through all the posts but briefly:

1) Women have a right to 'safe spaces' and a reasonable expectation for 'female only' spaces when the space has been designated so. You may think it's irrational or undemocratic and downright un-postmodern feminist of women to assert this right, but unless you've lived or currently live your life as a woman you have no idea what it feels like to be violated *as a woman* by a man. You do not understand the fear of rape or humiliation or violence that comes with living as a woman *at the hands of a man*.

This is sex and gender specific fear and it's based in reality. If you don't understand the fear because you've never experienced it (*cough* male privelege) then of course you aren't going to share or understand the same viewpoint.

2) And yes, it's 'just a dressing room' but refer to 1

3) I have a few personal experiences with this. In Las Vegas there was a man sitting inside the women's rest room. It was completely empty except for me and him, I didn't hear any other people and it was 3 in the morning. As soon as I saw him, I walked out and as there was a security guard on the escalator who asked me how I was, I told him about the dude in the restroom.

I was in a women's clothing store and a male employee changed a light while I was there. This meant he had to climb onto a 12-14 foot ladder and could look into the dressing rooms with a slight tilt of the head. I saw him in my mirror and my Ne went into hyperdrive. I watched him like a hawk for the 5 minutes it took to change the light and if I saw him even glance into the dressing rooms I was going to raise hell. He was obviously aware of how easily he could look into the female stalls and he studiously stared only at the task at hand.

3) Call me crazy, but if I wanted you to see me in different stages of undress, it would not be in a dressing room. Do you know how godawful those flourescent lights make you look??

4) I'm getting tired, my brain is mush, I'll add more brilliant drops of wisdom later, hahahahahaha.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Enneagram
    1w2

I still totally you, CzeCze!

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

All the old feminists, who are for preferential treatment of women in all areas are the ones most up-in-arms.

We younger people are more sensible, and stores that cater to us generally have unisex changing rooms. It's only the old stores that dealt with 60s feminism that have separate female-only ones.

I toonia. She's so sensible.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You think proteanmix and czecze and I are "old feminists?" I might be five years older than you, and I think they're both younger. Seriously, LOL.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    You think proteanmix and czecze and I are "old feminists?" I might be five years older than you, and I think they're both younger. Seriously, LOL.
    If they're not, they've been stewed in feminism from female authority figured for a very long time.

Some got stuck and never advanced past the me-first phase.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.