User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Why do you think she was blushing so? Could it possibly be because she felt embarrassed about having people see her? And she was in a bathing suit for that matter! This is where context matters. If she wore that exact bathing suit on a beach I doubt she'd be blushing the way she was.
    Yes! I never claimed she wasn't embarrassed! However, if i had been allowed in, she wouldn't have had to have been embarrassed and I never said I didn't think her embarrasement wasn't irrational either.

Cos like you just said, she wouldn't have been on a beach and so I don't really see why she should have felt embarrassed in the store.

Edit; I said she was brave, I understand that she was embarrassed and that many other women would be in the same situation, what I do not understand is why?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    No they don't always and is irrelvant if they do, I've sat on those chairs so many times and felt uncomfortable, beign looked at from the corners of womens eyes as they went in and out! Though that you'll claim is my paranoia...
    If you say it happened to you, I am hardly going to tell you it didn't. I am not into proving any position absolutely right or wrong at all costs, I am just expressing my opinion.

Enneagram
    1w2

In your experience have you ever heard a guy, who was hanging around a changing room, make a comment to anyone other than the woman he was with?
    Honestly, no. But I have heard men call fully clothed women fat, chunky, ugly, etc. I assume that it would be even worse if the amount of clothing the women were wearing is reduced. But then that could be my illogical assumption. I think most guys in dressing rooms are smart enough to keep their commentary contained to their companion or they may get a purse upside their head.

And yes other cultures have their taboos, I never said I didn't think theirs irrational either, and serioulsy I'm not making a move or even suggesting that walking around naked should be considered as normal, people would get way too cold, but beign worried someone can see through a curtain or door is the stuff of marvel comics not reality.
    I don't think you are.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

In your experience have you ever heard a guy, who was hanging around a changing room, make a comment to anyone other than the woman he was with?

And yes other cultures have their taboos, I never said I didn't think theirs irrational either, and serioulsy I'm not making a move or even suggesting that walking around naked should be considered as normal, people would get way too cold, but beign worried someone can see through a curtain or door is the stuff of marvel comics not reality.
    How can it not be reality when several women have expressed otherwise?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've never even seen a guy hanging around a changing room. I was pretty amazed that it happened to pm when I read her OP, and even more amazed to read that it was fairly run-of-the-mill in some areas.

I don't think I've ever heard another woman make a comment to anyone besides her companions in the changing area.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard another woman make a comment to anyone besides her companions in the changing area.
    I used to be very thin and women always seemed to feel very free to make invasive remarks about it or lay their hands on my person in regards to it and I hated it and felt it a boundary violation. I was way too shy back then to say much about it either. Today I would give such a woman a earfull about it!

However, the issue of having men in female designated dressing rooms is a different topic. I don't see what some females who violate boundaries gives men a right to be in female dressing room areas beyound the designated gate areas. It is an apples to oranges comparison that doesn't wash. My husband just put it well, the gates are the boundaries for men and the doors on the cubicles are the boundaries for the other women. Pretty simple and explict. This second paragraph not directed at Ivy but at the general thread.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    the gates are the boundaries for men and the doors on the cubicles are the boundaries for the other women. Pretty simple and explict.
    It is very simple; it's just that not everyone agrees. I want to be able to get a male opinion when I try stuff on. Who's more important?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I've never even seen a guy hanging around a changing room. I was pretty amazed that it happened to pm when I read her OP, and even more amazed to read that it was fairly run-of-the-mill in some areas.

LOL... it's hardly a trendy bar, it's certainly not a place I'd go if I had a choice!

I'm also from Britain, and while by comparison we are still considered prudes we are part of europe, where in many places both genders use the same toilet rooms, chaning rooms, saunas etc...

Also when we are there we try our best not to appear to be.. avoid meeting womens eyes, sit on the chairs (if there are any) and so forth..

I'm pretty supprised you've never seen us, maybe it's more common in stores that have both male and female clothes, but I've certainly been "dragged" into girl only stores....

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    How can it not be reality when several women have expressed otherwise?
    A few women say that people can see through walls, and thus they can?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

A few women say that people can see through walls, and thus they can?
    Not through walls, but over/around doors and curtains? Yeah. Most fitting rooms are not much more private than a bathroom stall.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers