User Tag List

Page 82 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your most recent purchase (pics encouraged)?

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Not most recent but worth noting (actually had it for a couple of months now):

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I bought an expensive coat as part of my plan to just buy one thing and use it forever. This better last forever.

It will last. I have one and its bulletproof.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so
    Likes Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This pretty little fitness tracker:

Hasn't been shipped yet, don't know how long it'll be before it arrives, but I'm pretty psyched. It does most of the stuff I need a tracker to do- the only thing it lacks is communicating with certain apps I use (e.g. myfitnesspal), and I have hopes they'll add that functionality soon. And it actually looks like a piece of jewelry I would wear even if it didn't do shit but look pretty.

Also bought a dryer vent cleaning kit, since the dryer vent in our new house is way longer than the old one was. The old one was right up against an outside wall, whereas this one has to be routed through about 10 feet of interior wall to vent to the outside.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Also some books:

The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Enneagram
    8w9

Also a big one. This for Christmas:

- Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Today:

Dark purple lipstick and a matching pencil:

A case like this for the most used object I own, and which I replaced recently:
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

$1 fudge sundae from mcdonalds and I bought my friend a soda

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

I was told to buy something for myself because apparently I haven't purchased anything "fun" for a while. The reason I don't like to spend money is because I'm 100% frivolous. I hold back before it becomes a problem and I'm surrounded by stuff I don't need. I can blow through money like a maniac.

Anyway, I got a Boss RC-30 Loop Station. It's been on my wishlist for over a year, and now it's mine. I'm going to dazzle some bitches with my mad looping skillz. Or more likely, I'm going to fiddle around, realize I don't know what to do with the thing, and then regret spending the money.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Got some cash for my birthday, recently. Spent some.

This for the kitchen faucet:

Brita faucet mount FF100

couple of plastic-free water bottles:

Contigo® | Purity Glass Water Bottle - 20 oz.

While I can't get rid of all the plastic & crap I come in contact with (computers, skin care product/medicine containers, etc), I am willing to reduce how much of it I (& my cat) eat/drink out of. I'm not completely anti-plastic/crunchy organic etc etc.. but the notion that it leeches into my food/drinks has grossed me out for awhile, now. Too bad my Keurig coffeemaker doesn't have a glass tank. Ah well. It was free.

Along that vein, I also ordered a food-grade stainless steel steam pan for Cricket to use as a litter box (he tested very well with a disposable aluminum one).

Amazon.com: Winco SPF6 6-Inch Pan, Full: Kitchen & Dining
    Measures 20.9" length x 12.9" width x 6.1" height. Similar dimensions to your average high-sided litter box (Cricket's a kicker, gotta have high sides)

Also, looking into switching him to a pine-based litter rather than clay. Apparently the pine stuff (brands like Feline Pine, etc) is the same as the wood pellets used for horse stall bedding (it's like $6 for a 40lb bag of that at a farm store nearby - whereas the same stuff marked as kitty litter is 2x the cost for 1/4 the weight). A couple friends & a vet tech I see often have said it works great as a nontoxic kitty litter. We'll see, I guess. I'll slowly mix it in over time, or something, since the texture's markedly different from clay.
    Tractor Supply Co. Pine Pellet Stall Bedding, 40 lb. - For Life Out Here

I guess there are other natural litters out there like World's Best Cat Litter that are made from corn (basically chicken-feed), but it seemed like there were a lot of complaints about it attracting bugs, so.. that's out. Wouldn't put it past Cricket to try eating a food-based litter, anyway.

You know you're old when you spend gift money on shit like this - & are HAPPY about it. Water purification & cat toilet supplies.

Oh, wait - I did order some new/discounted retroish jeans.. because after 10yrs, most of mine are falling apart. And I'm just not punk rock enough to sport an entirely torn &/or patched wardrobe, these days.

(basically like these below; high-waist/dark wash - no stupid fading or whiskering/button-up skinny jeans, size US 4 - had no option on the inseam length, unfortunately - just wait n' see.. fun part of being a lanky weirdo)

Lastly - picking this up one day this week for my INTP best friend.

Verilux® HappyLight Liberty 5K Natural Spectrum Energy Lamp - BedBathandBeyond.com

I know 10,000 lux is the ideal, but 5,000 has a similar effect if used for an hour each day. It's the best I can get in my price range. Checked with my neurologist about this particular one/he approved.

I dislike that it actually says "HappyLight" on the ON/OFF button.. like it's sort of ordering you to be happy.. but, I think the lamp will be more helpful than harmful, overall. Her depression always gets so much worse in the fall/winter. If she hates it, I can always return it, I guess. She's sporadically talked about getting one for awhile, but her motivation/self-care is pretty bare-bones, right now. If this helps her even a little, then my b-day money's been more than well-spent.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

we fukin won boys
    Likes Ghost liked this post