User Tag List

Page 15 of 98 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your most recent purchase (pics encouraged)?

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I have this one--works well. You don't have a sump pit to drain it into?
    Nah, no sump in my basement. It does open at-grade on the south facing side though, right at the driveway, so I guess they figure if the basement floods just open the garage or front slider (nevermind the landing for the stairwell that is in the way :P )
    For the garage unit I'll probably have it drain right out that way, and I'm guessing I don't actually need a pump to make it that far. We'll see though.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Senior Member Array

Sorry yellowjackets, you need to die.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I have this one--works well. You don't have a sump pit to drain it into?
    Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Frigidaire FAD704DWD (70 pt/day dehumidifier)-
    http://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-FAD...dp/B00AU7GZXE/
    I have that one too! (or at least one that looks similar with almost the same model number and is probably mechanically the same).

Personally, I think it's a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Mint chocolate chip

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    My last purchase was a pair of Brooks Ravenna running shoes and pronation inserts for my kid who is starting Cross Country. Probably more effective than wrapping her feet in 165 dollar bills. But I need to start gambling.
    I did XC in high school. All my friends worked at the Running Shoe store. That's like 3x more intense than a regular shoe store I'd presume.

Brooks Adrenaline (GTS) were my flavor. Yes, I remember that after all these years, I doubt they still make them considering they came out with a new version twice a year. Why are running shoes so friggin ugly? At least mine were.

If you want some mens size 10 probably not that smelly track spikes with jammed in pins I have an extra pair.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    I did XC in high school. All my friends worked at the Running Shoe store. That's like 3x more intense than a regular shoe store I'd presume.

Brooks Adrenaline (GTS) were my flavor. Yes, I remember that after all these years, I doubt they still make them considering they came out with a new version twice a year. Why are running shoes so friggin ugly? At least mine were.

If you want some mens size 10 probably not that smelly track spikes with jammed in pins I have an extra pair.
    They are HIDEOUS:

but she says they feel great and it made her coach happy that she stopped running in casual sneakers.

Any running store with an actual track in it where they do "gait analysis" is too intense for me. I'll stick with exercise options that don't require me to pound my fatness into the earth repeatedly and probably cause my parts to fall out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Dude. Not thirty seconds after I posted that I went to check Facebook and I get a "suggested post" in my feed for Nordstrom's which is having a sale on Brooks Adrenaline GTS. What the hell? Do they know I read a post on an unrelated website that mentioned Brooks Adrenaline GTS?

Edit: I guess it could be the image search I did for a pic of the Ravennas but why wouldn't the ad be for that model (or whatever you call shoes)?

MBTI
    XXFP

They are HIDEOUS:
    Oh well those are a sort of trendy, day-glo, all the cool kids like bright colors and cut-off shirts, hideous.

Dude. Not thirty seconds after I posted that I went to check Facebook and I get a "suggested post" in my feed for Nordstrom's which is having a sale on Brooks Adrenaline GTS. What the hell? Do they know I read a post on an unrelated website that mentioned Brooks Adrenaline GTS?

Edit: I guess it could be the image search I did for a pic of the Ravennas but why wouldn't the ad be for that model (or whatever you call shoes)?
    They still make them?! The legacy lives on. I could have sworn they used to number them. I had like the 4s.

Wait!

WAIT!

Haight! Haight is Al Bundy!

Glycerine

Urban Decay Anarchy

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

The bill came for my xrays from when I broke my arm
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

The Unwieldy Clawed One Array Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post

One thing I'd suggest is a 90 degree offset chuck. Especially if that big 18 volt is your only drill. I found one at an estate sale, it's Harbor Freight junk but it has saved my butt many a time despite me thinking I'd never use it. It lives in my drill bag. For tight spaces. They're on amazon but they all have bad reviews - I go easy on it, but I've even used a small hole saw with it and it hasn't broke.

What sort of thing has one of those helped with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

The ultimate in bizarre: a cross between an ostrich, a gorilla, and Edward Scissorhands.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    What sort of thing has one of those helped with?
    - Small (2 inch?) hole saw in a tight space (wood)
    - Unscrewing a bunch screws in a closet where someone had built another shelf in, saving time avoiding having to take the whole thing apart.
    - Unscrewing a bathroom divider quickly, multiple screws close against wall
    - Tensioning/taking out slack on cylinder head - could have been done with drill in regular mode but with 15 bolts or so it's a lot more comfortable this way (with attachments)

Speaking of which, if you buy a drill you really should get mechanical attachments too.

1/4, 3/8, and even a 1/2 square drive adapter come in handy for sockets. Use it on mechanical stuff all the time.
    Likes Novella liked this post