User Tag List

Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your most recent purchase (pics encouraged)?

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    My other brother's horrible sort-of-ex trains at one. She was my trainer before I knew how horrible she was.
    Short curvy white girl? Also a sex ed teacher?

Run! Run!!

(ok she's actually a decent person with some flaws but it's fun to make fun of exes)

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

I didn't just buy a couple drills, I bought into a system.
    That's how they own your soul.

I do want one of those mini circular saws though.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    That's how they own your soul.

I do want one of those mini circular saws though.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side."

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

And yes, I cried.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Stealth exit to purchase an iced coffee (95% of the time I make my own at home, but I'm out/no point buying more since I won't be around long enough to consume it all).

Due to yet another childish Stomp Outta The Sandbox-Marital Standoff, someone was snoring on the couch. To avoid passive aggressiveness/outright whining later on, I avoided him by slipping out the rarely used side door.

Success. Young girl with pink hair/gauged piercings who works this shift always gives me a discount for no reason. I think it started after she complimented some band Tshirt of mine on one of the rare occasions I didn't use the Drive-Thru. I've corrected her, but she always grins & says, "you're all set." I figure if I tried to keep correcting her, that'd draw more attention to her breaking the rules/jeopardize her job, more. Maybe she doesn't care. Either way, /shrug ..works for me.

Purchase: Medium iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts. Black. Mint chocolate chip flavoring added. + shot of espresso. $2.08

Added some of my almond milk to it when I got back here (my stomach can rarely handle black coffee's acidity anymore- I blame the meds).
    /win
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My last purchase was a pair of Brooks Ravenna running shoes and pronation inserts for my kid who is starting Cross Country. Probably more effective than wrapping her feet in 165 dollar bills. But I need to start gambling.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

A beer from the Intuition Ale Works tap room (last night)

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None

Two beers.
    ~I'm looking California, and feeling Minnesota.

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Three dehumidifiers and three HEPA air scrubbers. Out of necessity & at the recommendation of my mold remediation guy. Hideous unplanned expenditure but it's definitely keeping the basement smelling fresh (although I've since removed the source of the problem, so at this point these are just cleaning the air & enforcing a mold-unfriendly environment).

For the sheer hell of it, I'll do a quick review.

Winix WAC9500 HEPA air cleaner-
    http://www.amazon.com/Winix-WAC9500-...dp/B004VGIBZK/

Definitely my favorite purchase, simply b/c the results are noticeable. I got 2 in the basement and 1 in our bedroom and I wake up with clear sinuses, no pain/congestion/funny smell. Very quiet on the low/medium/high settings, only gets loud on the "turbo" setting.

Frigidaire FAD704DWD (70 pt/day dehumidifier)-
    http://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-FAD...dp/B00AU7GZXE/

Out of the 3 I bought, I think this one is the nicest although it's missing the automatic pump that the DeLonghi has. It's a large 70 pt/day model, seems well made and simple to use. Easy to remove the bucket & dump, no water spills or mess when doing so. It has a hose connection in the back for when I go to design an automatic condensate pump system for it. I'm miffed that the price jacked way up, I bought mine for $260 around 2 weeks ago w/ free shipping. Was going to buy another of these a few days ago but saw the price increase. This one only shows the current humidity in 5% increments so I can never tell if it's closer to 45% or closer to 50%, it says 45 either way.

Danby Premiere DDR70A1GP (70 pt/day dehumidifier)-
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JW507A/

This is the crappiest of them all. It does work, 70 pt/day and noticeably cranks out the water, but the bucket system is stupid. Requires 2 hands to remove, can't really set it down without it tilting & spilling water, and when the bucket is removed there is a steady stream of water coming out of the upper chassis that dumps all over the bucket's perch & eventually the floor, so I probably have to either shut it off for a couple minutes or just keep a towel nearby to clean up the mess every time I empty it. Won't matter once I put together an automatic pump for the back of it but that's probably a month or 2 out til I'll have my electronics workbench back in the basement. It does have 1% precision on its humidity sensor readout.

DeLonghi DD50P (50 pt/day dehumidifer with built in condensate pump)-
    http://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-DD50P...dp/B003FJU48G/

Despite the hideous price you see at Amazon, this was only $199.99 at Costco until they sold out (everywhere in this region, and I did check) 2 days after I bought mine. Or else I would've bought this one instead of that Danby above. This seems to work, I do hear water trickling out the long hose (currently routed to the downstairs shower drain). It's not too loud and it has 1% precision on its digital readout.

Anyway, yeah, the joys of home ownership! Probably going to wait a month or 2 before I start doing serious remodeling of the basement now that I've demolished a lot of it.

edit: Then again, doing some more searches I'm suddenly finding deals on that Frigidaire I hadn't seen a few days ago. Might just have to consider returning the Danby as faulty :P
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Frigidaire FAD704DWD (70 pt/day dehumidifier)-
    http://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-FAD...dp/B00AU7GZXE/

Out of the 3 I bought, I think this one is the nicest although it's missing the automatic pump that the DeLonghi has. It's a large 70 pt/day model, seems well made and simple to use. Easy to remove the bucket & dump, no water spills or mess when doing so. It has a hose connection in the back for when I go to design an automatic condensate pump system for it. I'm miffed that the price jacked way up, I bought mine for $260 around 2 weeks ago w/ free shipping. Was going to buy another of these a few days ago but saw the price increase. This one only shows the current humidity in 5% increments so I can never tell if it's closer to 45% or closer to 50%, it says 45 either way.
    I have this one--works well. You don't have a sump pit to drain it into?

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Array Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

My most recent purchase was a Caramel Frappuccino, but I already drank it, so I'm afraid I can't share a picture of it.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si