User Tag List

Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your most recent purchase (pics encouraged)?

Senior Member Array

(gasoline)

Before that,

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Summer dress on sale at H&M. Black and white vertical stripes.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Before that,

Ok now I'm jelly that 18 volt kit from Milwaukee has been calling me for a while. But I'm pretty happy with my Makita set.

I sort of want both.

But then I'd have 3 sets of drills for a total of 4 battery drills (including one hammer drill) and 3 impact drivers. (plus 3 plug in drills: a SDS hammer, reg hammer, and plain old 1/2" drill i should just sell) (4 technically if you count the beater i use for a grinding wheel).

All life is suffering. Le sigh.

I don't know why you'd buy a jar of urine - you got ripped off.

(unless you're a fuller, in which case you're well aware of the tax that the great state of Rome has put on it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecunia_non_olet
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Did you go to the log cabin one? My brother took us there last weekend.
    The one on Patton?

I go there as much as I go to the one on Tunnel. It's amazing either way.

What'd you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh i love them. i ate there yesterday. i've never heard of them before moving here. oh hey you live here!
    And what'd you get?

I do live here!

TypeC meetup: go to Cook Out. Yessss. (as if i need an excuse)

i love how that menu is so familiar.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Ok now I'm jelly that 18 volt kit from Milwaukee has been calling me for a while. But I'm pretty happy with my Makita set.
    I've never had a drill of my own. I always borrowed somebody else's until now. I thought it was time to bite the bullet, and Home Despot had the Milwaukee 18 V set for sale for $199. The equivalent Makita set was the same price but the drills felt lighter and cheaper. (The higher-end Makitas, which Milwaukee doesn't seem to build an equivalent of, felt much better but they're $349...) My dad has Milwaukee drills and I've used them several times before; they seem to be holding up very well so I thought "meh," and picked the Milwaukee set.

They were smart about the charger they provided: it can charge both the 18 V and the 12 V batteries, so I'm not tied to one particular series of tools.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

The one on Patton?

What'd you get?

And what'd you get?

I do live here!

TypeC meetup: go to Cook Out. Yessss. (as if i need an excuse)

i love how that menu is so familiar.
    we all got bacon cheeseburgers, cheese fries and shakes. it was dellish
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The one on Patton?

What'd you get?
    I have no idea what street it was on.. all I know is that it had an inside dining room (something I've never seen at any other Cook Outs) and a log cabin decor, in that it was an actual log structure. I also noticed that the cups all have a Bible verse on them, and there was lame Christian music playing in the dining room. Businesses that identify as Christian kind of give me the willies (seems kind of crappy to profit off it) but I kind of appreciated that I could be a Cook Out fan for years and only now realize they are a business that identifies as Christian.

I got the yoozh- barbecue sammich tray with fries and a corn dog, and a huge tea. I sprang the extra buck to get the kids Cheerwine floats and expect to be in a real nice nursing home someday.

Totes down for a TypeC meetup at the log cabin Cook Out.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

BTW while we were there, my brother showed me a picture of a tattoo he saw at some recent show he and my niece went to- the guy had the Cook Out logo (shown below for reference) on his butt, except it said Cock Out. Pretty genius.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I've never had a drill of my own. I always borrowed somebody else's until now. I thought it was time to bite the bullet, and Home Despot had the Milwaukee 18 V set for sale for $199. The equivalent Makita set was the same price but the drills felt lighter and cheaper. (The higher-end Makitas, which Milwaukee doesn't seem to build an equivalent of, felt much better but they're $349...) My dad has Milwaukee drills and I've used them several times before; they seem to be holding up very well so I thought "meh," and picked the Milwaukee set.

They were smart about the charger they provided: it can charge both the 18 V and the 12 V batteries, so I'm not tied to one particular series of tools.
    Milwaukee makes good kit, it'll probably be solid, and they lowered the price, too. I had the Bosch set but returned it, hated how it felt and in testing it wasn't as strong. I like the ergonomics on the Makita. The Milwaukee drill does feel nicer. But I replaced (ie it's sitting on a shelf somewhere) the drill with the mid range hammer drill (craigslist).

Makita makes a couple packages. They make a kit of white drills (at ~200) that are actually the exact same as the blue/green ones - they just have a smaller battery. And they have a kit with a hammer drill and the same impact with big batteries. But they also have a new brushless line.

Batteries in any case are BS. The tools are spec'd with the bigger batteries (especially with the 12 volt stuff) so unless you buy the bigger batteries you don't get what's advertised. Makita has issues if you don't use the drill for months at a time. And they cost a lot.

I really like my 12 volt set from Hitachi. Comes with large batteries out of the box. But they don't really make accessories. That mini sawzall thing from Milwaukee looks handy.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    we all got bacon cheeseburgers, cheese fries and shakes. it was dellish
    You guys might not believe this but I've never gotten a shake or a float.

I need to re-evaluate my lifestyle choices.

I have no idea what street it was on.. all I know is that it had an inside dining room (something I've never seen at any other Cook Outs) and a log cabin decor, in that it was an actual log structure. I also noticed that the cups all have a Bible verse on them, and there was lame Christian music playing in the dining room. Businesses that identify as Christian kind of give me the willies (seems kind of crappy to profit off it) but I kind of appreciated that I could be a Cook Out fan for years and only now realize they are a business that identifies as Christian.

I got the yoozh- barbecue sammich tray with fries and a corn dog, and a huge tea. I sprang the extra buck to get the kids Cheerwine floats and expect to be in a real nice nursing home someday.

Totes down for a TypeC meetup at the log cabin Cook Out.
    Hmm...they have a sort of log thing going on on Patton and I'm pretty sure I know all the cookouts in town (2) because if I don't I need to get my act together. West part of town. Near the colorful 80s gym on that strip. I imagine an excellent post-workout meal.

Yeah, I didn't notice the Christian thing at first but it's pretty low key. I've met people that work there (manage?) and they certainly didn't give me Christian preaching vibes however they did say that Cook Out is kind of like a cult. Everybody that works behind the drive-thru mirror glass is in their own hidden world, they're like a very secretive family.

BTW while we were there, my brother showed me a picture of a tattoo he saw at some recent show he and my niece went to- the guy had the Cook Out logo (shown below for reference) on his butt, except it said Cock Out. Pretty genius.
    I can respect that.