User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    That's definitely a cache problem on your browser, as the mod_rewrite rule is definitely in place to redirect / to /forums/ --

Code:
    Options FollowSymlinks
    RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/$ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/forum
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/$1 [L,R=301]
    Both the links you provided above take me to the forum main page on my browser (firefox 2.0.0.14 on WinXP)

I think perhaps the name of the file it cached was checked before the other (because of it's extension). It doesn't make sense that there's a cache problem just on my browser, I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.14 on Win XP as well. This is crazy, I'll have to figure it out since it's on my end...

EDIT: I refreshed the page three times just now... and the last time, it finally redirected. I'd been refreshing it, but it still came up that way several times.

Now I'm curious... why did I have to refresh three times to get it to update the cache? What could be wrong with my computer? I hope there's nothing major wrong with it... I've never seen it do anything like this before.

Anyway, thanks for looking into it for me.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

not sure, from what I've heard from others (having to delete bookmarks 'n stuff) some browsers seem to do some liberal caching.

I always thought using Shift-reload (shift-CTRL-R or shift-click reload button) will force a full reload, including all images, so maybe that'll work in the future.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    not sure, from what I've heard from others (having to delete bookmarks 'n stuff) some browsers seem to do some liberal caching.

I always thought using Shift-reload (shift-CTRL-R or shift-click reload button) will force a full reload, including all images, so maybe that'll work in the future.
    Yes, I think that's the solution. F5-reload doesn't necessarily reload important bits of a page, CTRL-F5 does.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA