User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 36

  1. #21
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Why did Forest love Jenny? What was so lovable about her?

    Just wondering.....
    Yeah I see your point. She was selfish.

    In a broader scope, maybe he loved her 'just because'...and that was enough. Just because that's just the kind of guy he is.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  2. #22
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Yeah I see your point. She was selfish.

    In a broader scope, maybe he loved her 'just because'...and that was enough. Just because that's just the kind of guy he is.
    Well, I think his love developed for her when they were children. She was pretty, talked to him and spent time with him when no one else would, and didn't think he was stupid like everyone else did.

    As they got older, of course she changed a bit, but that didn't bother him (even though I think it should have). He never thought of being with another woman, I think because he hoped that she would eventually see the light. And of course, she did.

  3. #23
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Why did Forest love Jenny? What was so lovable about her?

    Just wondering.....
    Because she accepted him, and he thought she was beautiful.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Tis a fine film.

    But now, like a plague upon Egypt, I shall introduce controversy into this thread!

    Forrest Gump beat both Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction for Best Film that year at the Oscars!

    Was it the right choice?!

    It's a movie that I would say is a perfectly fine winner in a number of other years, but that year, I SAY NAY!
    I've always thought 1994 was the most stacked Best Picture category I've ever seen. It's the only time I can say that I honestly think all five nominees would have been a worthy winner:

    Forrest Gump
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Pulp Fiction
    Quiz Show
    Four Weddings And A Funeral

    Not a dud in the bunch. I think with a gun to my head I'd have voted for Quiz Show, but I certainly have no issue with Forrest Gump winning.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  5. #25
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Well, I think his love developed for her when they were children. She was pretty, talked to him and spent time with him when no one else would, and didn't think he was stupid like everyone else did.

    As they got older, of course she changed a bit, but that didn't bother him (even though I think it should have). He never thought of being with another woman, I think because he hoped that she would eventually see the light. And of course, she did.
    Exactly. I think you say it best.
    Remembering back to when I saw him not be bothered by the change in her, at first I felt he should be too. After though, I think his patience means even more and shows how much more he really loves her than previously seen, showing how very rich his soul actually is. How good of a man he is for her.

    In addition, I think it's ironic Jenny saying to Forrest when he says "I love you Jenny."...saying " Forrest, you don't know what love is!" Isn't that showing foreshadowing in her to later change to become one with him in 'seeing the light'?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  6. #26
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Gotta love the sequel.


  7. #27
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Exactly. I think you say it best.
    Remembering back to when I saw him not be bothered by the change in her, at first I felt he should be too. After though, I think his patience means even more and shows how much more he really loves her than previously seen, showing how very rich his soul actually is. How good of a man he is for her.

    In addition, I think it's ironic Jenny saying to Forrest when he says "I love you Jenny."...saying " Forrest, you don't know what love is!" Isn't that showing foreshadowing in her to later change to become one with him in 'seeing the light'?
    I think Forest has way more redeeming qualities than Jenny when she grew up, and in real life had this had happened, he would have moved on to another woman. But it is still a heartwarming story. Not that I'm suggesting that Forest would have been angry with her, because I think he thought she was kind of messed up from her childhood, but I just don't think a normal man in real life would be that patient and not even LOOK at another woman, while the one he loves is off with other men right in front of his face.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I think Forest has way more redeeming qualities than Jenny when she grew up, and in real life had this had happened, he would have moved on to another woman. But it is still a heartwarming story. Not that I'm suggesting that Forest would have been angry with her, because I think he thought she was kind of messed up from her childhood, but I just don't think a normal man in real life would be that patient and not even LOOK at another woman, while the one he loves is off with other men right in front of his face.
    Funny to hear..I was similarly patient for a girl 5 years.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I am a proud watcher of Forrest Gump. That soundtrack is absolutely badass. Against the Wind? Running on Empty? Freebird? Wow, yes please.

    It's a very comforting film, and I agree, life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're gonna get.

    Did I already post in this thread?

  10. #30
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    I love love love Forrest.

    Jenny, though.... I could do without her. I'm glad he ended up with her in the end, sort of, but I really disliked her character.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Quote Thread: Express your feelings or thoughts with a quote
    By Sparrow in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 12:20 AM
  2. The Random Movie Quote Thread
    By asynartetic in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 10:31 PM
  3. Random Quote Thread
    By Queen Kat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
  4. Long - the quotes of lovable larrikin, Nobel physicist Richard Feynman
    By InsatiableCuriosity in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO