First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Love, at least in its initial stages, can be a debilitating weakness, as it could cause us to submit to the will of another, though in later developments, it could transform into hate, since if the one we so dearly love turns on us, or someone turns on them, this could be the catalyst, and it is hate that gives us power, power being the means by which we can impose our will and hence, we could gain our ultimate victory and freedom through the Force!
    I think love can turn to bitterness (which is basically "love that doesn't quite know how to cope with rejection"), but authentic love [and not necessarily talking about romantic love] persists even in the face of rejection. Otherwise it wouldn't really be love. Level of commitments can change based on acceptance of reality (i.e., "You don't want to be with me, so I won't try to force myself into your life as some form of misguided love"), but you can still value someone and do things for their benefit and be open to later engagement if they change, even if they reject you.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I love the movie too.

What type do you suppose Forrest Gump is? ISFP?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

ISFJ

WALMART

ISFJ, fo sho.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think love can turn to bitterness (which is basically "love that doesn't quite know how to cope with rejection"), but authentic love [and not necessarily talking about romantic love] persists even in the face of rejection. Otherwise it wouldn't really be love. Level of commitments can change based on acceptance of reality (i.e., "You don't want to be with me, so I won't try to force myself into your life as some form of misguided love"), but you can still value someone and do things for their benefit and be open to later engagement if they change, even if they reject you.
    Agreed.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Riva

When they showed the trailer I didn't want to watch it - a story about a mentally challenged person can't be happy right? I was so wrong. It was simply sad but happy at the same time. And it makes people live in the moment - live in the moment by being happy for all the little things that happen for him. And how amazing it is that we as viewers feel worried for him but he - the one who goes through it all - seems happy and probably is. We simply think too much the movie told me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Tis a fine film.

But now, like a plague upon Egypt, I shall introduce controversy into this thread!

Forrest Gump beat both Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction for Best Film that year at the Oscars!

Was it the right choice?!

It's a movie that I would say is a perfectly fine winner in a number of other years, but that year, I SAY NAY!
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The guy who wrote it is a real human cheeseball factory. If it weren't for the good casting and acting, it would have been a real shitfest like all of the others (Benjamin Button, etc.,.) A high-concept gimmick of a film that turned out to be tolerable because of the humanizing effect of the actors.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Why did Forest love Jenny? What was so lovable about her?

Just wondering.....