User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Sometimes the topic is still interesting... Silly tho if its someone from years ago asking for help or advice but they're not all that way... When it's still a relevant discussion and new people have something to add it can be cool I think.

It's funny when I see them and post my comment and then later realize I said the exact same thing years ago and totally forgot... Or maybe I said something completely opposite.. Ha that's funny too.
    I think that too

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Sometimes the topic is still interesting... Silly tho if its someone from years ago asking for help or advice but they're not all that way... When it's still a relevant discussion and new people have something to add it can be cool I think.

It's funny when I see them and post my comment and then later realize I said the exact same thing years ago and totally forgot... Or maybe I said something completely opposite.. Ha that's funny too.
    What bugs me the most is when it seems like "Oh it's another one of THESE fucking threads!" but it turns out that it isn't another thread, it's the same thread from three years ago that some fool has exhumed. The same thread where the horse was already beaten to mush a long time ago and even the people who are stubborn and love to drag things out gave up on it as a played out and useless endeavor.

And somebody goes and posts in it. And old participants of thread want to stab said person in the face.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    What bugs me the most is when it seems like "Oh it's another one of THESE fucking threads!" but it turns out that it isn't another thread, it's the same thread from three years ago that some fool has exhumed. The same thread where the horse was already beaten to mush a long time ago and even the people who are stubborn and love to drag things out gave up on it as a played out and useless endeavor.

And somebody goes and posts in it. And old participants of thread want to stab said person in the face.
    Maybe that somebody has something to add though, with membership turn over that happens.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There's got to be a context attached to this I dont really know about, there's always some sort of forum dynamic going on I'm not that aware of and I think this is happening again.
    There is no context or dynamics.

I have no enemies here, I have no idea about dynamics of the forum.

I simply found it irritating and made a rant thread!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Maybe that somebody has something to add though, with membership turn over that happens.
    One in a million shot 'maybe' there.

Their post is usually either not significant, already been said, or simply not enough of an add to the topic to make it worth bringing back an old shitstorm.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    There is no context or dynamics.

I have no enemies here, I have no idea about dynamics of the forum.

I simply found it irritating and made a rant thread!
    There is a lot of irritating behaviour on typec. Not much you can do.

For me, information is timeless, even if the person is not. Aristotle died ages ago and we still discuss his ideas. Whether or not the poster agrees with what they wrote at said interval of time is irrelevant.

The idea is still there for us to nibble on, tear apart, and bicker with each other over. We all seem to have enough ideas of our own, so sometimes it is just nice to play off another's idea.

Or perhaps at the time of posting, there was no community context in type c, and no one really responded because it wasn't pertinent in their minds.

In short: we are responding to the concept, frequently, not the poster. I actually often fail to look at the post date.

However (my sensitivity failed me for a moment....surprising) perhaps one should exercise discretion when resurrecting threads. I do know that there are many people who text wall, feel they put a lot of work into what they said, and no one responds to them. If I wrote something that I thought was important, I would want someone to respond, OP or not. Especially if I took a lot of time to mull it over.

On the flip side, there is discretion to be exercised if there was fighting in the thread, or other negative shit going on.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    One in a million shot 'maybe' there.

Their post is usually either not significant, already been said, or simply not enough of an add to the topic to make it worth bringing back an old shitstorm.
    Well, I see it differently, I find a lot of the older threads are great. I wish there was more posting like them or dealing with the same topics.

Maybe people are tired of them or think they served their purpose but then are you at risk of deciding there's nothing new under the sun on topics already discussed because if you are you're a step closer in the direction of there's just nothing to talk about and no point visiting.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    In short: we are responding to the concept, frequently, not the poster. I actually often fail to look at the post date.

However (my sensitivity failed me for a moment....surprising) perhaps one should exercise discretion when resurrecting threads. I do know that there are many people who text wall, feel they put a lot of work into what they said, and no one responds to them. If I wrote something that I thought was important, I would want someone to respond, OP or not. Especially if I took a lot of time to mull it over.

On the flip side, there is discretion to be exercised if there was fighting in the thread, or other negative shit going on.
    I agree with the first point and dont agree with the second.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Haha ...I've also had the experience (multiple times) of reading an old post on this forum and agreeing with it, then realizing after I finish reading that I wrote it and don't remember writing it. It's like someone else wrote it.
    You have!? How do you not know you wrote it? Are you on your phone and can't see the avatars as you're scrolling down?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    For me, information is timeless, even if the person is not. Aristotle died ages ago and we still discuss his ideas. Whether or not the poster agrees with what they wrote at said interval of time is irrelevant.
    We don't discuss his drinking habits or his failed relationships.

I see your theory, but I don't think it corresponds to reality.

Very few threads really deal objectively with concepts, seperate from the personal interaction.

My point: even if the necroer made a relevant point about the concept - they brought to the top of the forum, a conversation - not a timeless academic debate - between a set of people, that I am now tricked into seeing, but which I cannot reasonably reply to (unless would be very annoying!). so I'd rather not have been tricked into seeing it.