User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    It wasn't a very good argument.

If you want my opinion, just ignore necroed threads if they bug you.
    I don't realize they are necroed when I open them, as they don't come with a warning. Often they are interesting and I go to reply to the OP. Then realize he is dead.

You say it wasn't a good argument but I think you didn't read it, because the above was my argument.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I don't realize they are necroed when I open them, as they don't come with a warning. Often they are interesting and I go to reply to the OP. Then realize he is dead.

You say it wasn't a good argument but I think you didn't read it, because the above was my argument.
    Oh boo hoo. Just take two seconds to check the date stamp. And if a topic is really that interesting, why does it matter if the OP can't respond to you when others are perfectly capable of responding?

I see you're one of those people who use smiley faces to be passive-aggressive.

MBTI
    xxTP

Oh boo hoo. Just take two seconds to check the date stamp. And if a topic is really that interesting, why does it matter if the OP can't respond to you when others are perfectly capable of responding?
    Nobody can asnwer someone else's post. 99% of threads here are a direct quote at the person, not a general discussion on theory. In the latter case, if I have no problem with necroing, but those are very hard to find!

My Si isn't that good, I don't check the date stamp on every post I read! If a thread is at the top of a board I assume it's recent, because in a sane world, this would happen, and it's the case of 99% of threads!

Sadly, sometimes there are aberrations caused by necrophiliacs! Like getting a 6 month old message on Facebook just delivered!

I see you're one of those people who use smiley faces to be passive-aggressive.

Nope, I use smiley faces to show that I think something is funny.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I cannot wait to reply to this thread...
    in three years.
    Well-played, sir.
    Well-played.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

your resident asshole

Nobody can asnwer someone else's post. 99% of threads here are a direct quote at the person, not a general discussion on theory. In the latter case, if I have no problem with necroing, but those are very hard to find!
    It isn't against the rules to reply to a post that was not directed at you. People do it all the time.

My Si isn't that good, I don't check the date stamp on every post I read!
    I don't know anyone else who checks the date stamp, but obviously it's a skill you need to work on.

If a thread is at the top of a board I assume it's recent, because in a sane world, this would happen, and it's the case of 99% of threads!
    "In a sane world?" I think you're the one who's not sane if necroed threads are this troublesome to you. Perhaps you have OCD or something similar.

Sadly, sometimes there are aberrations caused by necrophiliacs! Like getting a 6 month old message on Facebook just delivered!

Nope, I use smiley faces to show that I think something is funny.
    Riiight.

MBTI
    xxTP

It isn't against the rules to reply to a post that was not directed at you. People do it all the time.
    Who said it was against the rules? It's just a silly idea...

I don't know anyone else who checks the date stamp,
    Neither do I!

"In a sane world?" I think you're the one who's not sane if necroed threads are this troublesome to you.
    How troublesome are they to me?

I made a post, people responded, I replied to them.

I could just as easily say "why are you such a passioante defender of necrophilia that you got upset bya lighthearted thread"?.

your resident asshole

Who said it was against the rules? It's just a silly idea...
    But why do you feel it is silly to respond to a post that is not directed to you?

Neither do I!

How troublesome are they to me?

I made a post, people responded, I replied to them.

I could just as easily say "why are you such a passioante defender of necrophilia that you got upset bya lighthearted thread"?.
    I wouldn't say that I'm defending necrophilia. I'm trying to understand why necroing seems to make you so upset.

Oh, you forgot to use the winking face! It's a much better passive-aggressive smiley than the ones you've used so far.

MBTI
    xxTP

But why do you feel it is silly to respond to a post that is not directed to you?
    Like I said, most posts will be a direct exchange of personal banter, not objective theory.

If it's objective theory, then fine. If it was a post about "did you get that job", or "I hope you remembered to pay her afterwards", then it's not much good for the other person to reply!

I wouldn't say that I'm defending necrophilia. I'm trying to understand why necroing seems to make you so upset.
    How upset does it make me?

Oh, you forgot to use the winking face! It's a much better passive-aggressive smiley than the ones you've used so far.
    I'm not being passive aggressive, you're the only one who said anything personal to me! I've just answered people's arguments in a civil way!

your resident asshole

Like I said, most posts will be a direct exchange of personal banter, not objective theory.

If it's objective theory, then fine. If it was a post about "did you get that job", or "I hope you remembered to pay her afterwards", then it's not much good for the other person to reply!

How upset does it make me?
    You seemed to imply necroing is insane and nonsensical a few posts back. I'd consider that a pretty extreme reaction to something so silly.

I'm not being passive aggressive, you're the only one who said anything personal to me! I've just answered people's arguments in a civil way!
    Are you not aware how passive-aggressive smileys work? Here's an example if you really are that clueless. Just take note of the things circled in red.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Do what YOU think is right! But now I've shown through argument that it is usually WRONG to necro and RIGHT to start a new thread!
    You gave a specific example on which your theory works, so I wouldn't say ''usually''.

Also, people quickly learn that it's best to take a look at the dates before replying.

And ignore the ones who complain about a thread pre-existing from 5 years ago. What kind of fool would point that out, or even remember that? Just laugh at them if they do! Who the hell remembers a thread from 1 year ago, let alone 3!
    I didn't say you don't have a point, but that depends on how personal the thread is. And I don't think we should blame the necromancer when other people reply to posts made 5 years ago, as that's something easily verifiable.

On a side note, once you get a feel of who's still active it gets automatic.