User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my best guess is that it's just to be obnoxious... like when you click your pen repeatedly in order to drive a coworker that you don't like crazy

otherwise, the threads being pulled up aren't even the good ones... seriously, I can think of A LOT better threads to necro!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my best guess is that it's just to be obnoxious... like when you click your pen repeatedly in order to drive a coworker that you don't like crazy

otherwise, the threads being pulled up aren't even the good ones... seriously, I can think of A LOT better threads to necro!
    Then resurrect them Whatever, I've not seen them or I would have, when I ressurect threads its not to be obnoxious.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

The only reason I could respect, is someone doing it just to be irritating for their own amusement. Because they achieved their aim and I'd be like, "you got me there, well done"

There is a saying I like by an old politician:

"I know many bad people who turned good, but I never met an idiot who turned intelligent".

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Some of us were teenagers when we joined the forum!!
    I joined this forum as a teenager and, even to this very day, I still remain a teenager.

Ah yes, the amazing pleasures of youth, it never gets old, and old threads never get old either!

Phantonym

It's the circle of type. What's the big deal with necroing? Do the subjects just cease to exist once a thread is created and eventually fizzles out and nobody is ever supposed to think or discuss the things ever again? Boohoo, taboo.

When noobs or others create a new thread about some subject that's already in the forumsphere, there are always people who link to the old thread or start bitching and moaning about why somebody's created a new thread since there's already an old thread. And then they get merged and the old thread is active anyway.

And you can't just say nothing because if you've got something to say it just wants to come out. Especially in a forum where you're supposed to express your thoughts.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    It's the circle of type. What's the big deal with necroing?
    I explained in my OP why it is annoying.

Do the subjects just cease to exist once a thread is created and eventually fizzles out and nobody is ever supposed to think or discuss the things ever again?
    Start a new thread on it!

When noobs or others create a new thread about some subject that's already in the forumsphere, there are always people who link to the old thread or start bitching and moaning about why somebody's created a new thread since there's already an old thread.
    Ignore them.

And then they get merged and the old thread is active anyway.
    Never seen it happen in my admittedly short time here.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Never seen it happen in my admittedly short time here.
    N00B!!! *points and laughs*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I joined this forum as a teenager and, even to this very day, I still remain a teenager.
    True, but you didn't go from teens to twenties on this forum, as you are not in your twenties yet

I was once that starry-eyed child... and now I am old and jaded.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    N00B!!! *points and laughs*
    0mg you totally pwnt me

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've done it just a few times, but it's always because I think "Man! I really want to start a thread about how ENFJs and kittens just go together sooooo well, and the socio-political-economic implications of that fact" and then I think "surely, this has been done before. Someone else has wanted to discuss the ENFJ/kitten phenomenon before."

So I search, find the old ENFJ/kitten thread and post something in it like "I've been thinking about ENFJs and kittens lately, and so I thought I'd bump this thread. Where are we on that subject?"
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING