User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 118

  1. #101
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Like I say, I could be mistaken on that, I'm only going by another forum I visited briefly on which concerns about bandwith were cited as reason to not post a new thread were a pre-existing one has a discussion on the same topic and is still live.

    That wasnt much fun because that was a site on a fairly niche interest and I found that you could read dead threads, find them interesting, have something to add and you simply could not because that thread was dead. It also meant that in live threads there was a panick to post, sometimes a lot of nonsense was the result and that became the next big issue, so subjectively if you posted something displeasing, I'm not simply meaning posting "no" or "yes" or "I agree", you ran the risk of a ban.

    In terms of dynamics I find forums like that are small closed groups which are difficult to gain entry to or acceptance withing which engage in regular purges of members who're not part of the central two or three people members from "the beginning".
    Yeah. Like anything, people take it too far. You've seen the overly restrictive end of it where they've gone overboard on the rules. Well I assure you there is an equal and opposite end where you'd wish for the rules.

  2. #102
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Also, for what it's worth, I am always posting new threads. Always. I apologise at the beginning for possibly duplicating a thread.

    There are some people that get as pissed over the same topic being posted 548328549028095423 million times as you do about someone posting that many times in an old thread.

    Can't please everyone.
    True. True.

    Although I dont know why people complain about people posting or people posting new threads, a discussion forum doesnt really work without it. It sort of ceases to be a discussion forum and is a website or static image.

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    You are allowed to post if you want. If you realize it is irrelevant in your mind, then you don't want to respond.
    I am allowed to, but out of consideration, I won't do it to them. Unless I deliberately wanted to be annoying.

    Worst thing is if I replied without realizing...then they call me on it...and we've all been screwed by the necro-trap.

    More appropriate analogies would be:

    Putting a plate of donuts in front of a hungry diabetic man or being introduced to a beautiful girl with three penises.
    actually an appropriate analogy would be:

    Send me her picture and details...but they are from 2 years ago...now she is married/dead/in Siberia.

    If the mods see a problem with a thread being posted in, they'll close it down. Plain and simple.
    People complaining isn't going to change that. People complain about all kinds of things on here. I appreciate having the freedom to post to old threads, regardless of the topic.
    I'm not complainging on such a serious level. I can rant about an aspect of reality which irritates me, without expecting laws to be brought in (which would be unenforceable anyway), or for people to change. I don't want to take away your freedoms.


    I think through talking.
    so do I.

    So when I read a convo I want to butt in, if I have a thought.

    then I realize the convo is dead.

    I will beat horses a thousands years after they are dead.
    Nothing I can do...but just know what I said!

  4. #104
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah. Like anything, people take it too far. You've seen the overly restrictive end of it where they've gone overboard on the rules. Well I assure you there is an equal and opposite end where you'd wish for the rules.
    I know what you mean, at the time I created my account here I did so but did not actually post for a long time thereafter, my reason was really that the place at that time was pretty hostile, or so I felt, to new members or even existing members, thought that it was a total and utter troll pit.

    Its interesting because while looking at older posts in all the forums I've seen remarks upon it during the time I wasnt visiting or posting by people who were complaining about it, eventually there was a mod intervention saying something along the lines of "you guys are being too mean to one another".

    Along with the "if you want to stop visiting do so but stop trying to get banned" and other similar themes it was interesting to see the life cycle of the forum played out that way and things which had been "trending" in the past.

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Also, for what it's worth, I am always posting new threads. Always. I apologise at the beginning for possibly duplicating a thread.

    There are some people that get as pissed over the same topic being posted 548328549028095423 million times as you do about someone posting that many times in an old thread.

    Can't please everyone.

    @Il Morto Che Parla
    I am not saying you should make a new thread whent here are 10 active threads already.

    I am saying make a new thread when the only thread on it is from 2 years ago.

    you can say "people will say x, y, z"...but that's not an argument really...I say they are wrong!

  6. #106
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I am not saying you should make a new thread whent here are 0 active threads already.
    I get that. I was just giving you information.

    I am saying make a new thread when the only thread on it is from 2 years ago.

    you can say "people will say x, y, z"...but that's not an argument really...I say they are wrong!
    You say they are wrong, they think they are right. I mean, it's cool. Whatever. I'm going to keep posting threads as I have questions and fluffy thoughts, and I'm sure it pisses people off. It is an argument. If it isn't an argument, then your opinion is just as invalid, as they are of the same caliber- just different sides of the same coin.

    I'm just saying you might want to find a way to get over this annoyance, as it really isn't going to change.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  7. #107
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I am not saying you should make a new thread whent here are 0 active threads already.

    I am saying make a new thread when the only thread on it is from 2 years ago.

    you can say "people will say x, y, z"...but that's not an argument really...I say they are wrong!
    Yeah. Do what you want anyway. It's what I do.

    People will complain about some things. Some times I complain about things. If you think it's worth it, do it anyway. Naysayers can't stop you.

    Some times it's useful to take them into consideration, because at times they might have a point, but still they can't actually stop you.

  8. #108
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    True. True.

    Although I dont know why people complain about people posting or people posting new threads, a discussion forum doesnt really work without it. It sort of ceases to be a discussion forum and is a website or static image.
    I know right? It becomes wikipedia, without the editing.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  9. #109
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    You can rant, I can dissent. It's the way of the forum. And I dissent a lot.

    @Il Morto Che Parla
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I get that. I was just giving you information.
    I think you should ignore them because they are fools.

    And actually I never heard anyone say that point of view in this thread. I just heard people say "there will always be someone who will compllain".

    OK, well let such a person appear, and let them defend their position and show it is valid, as I have with mine. Until then, I place no value on their position. Many people agree with my POV, I have not seen anyone agree here with that other "no new threads if one ever existed" POV.

    You say they are wrong, they think they are right.
    The nature of life. My purpose in an argument is to present my side as best I can. If you say "some people would disagree"...well fine...but that's not an argument!

    I'm just saying you might want to find a way to get over this annoyance, as it really isn't going to change.
    I just want people to know my annoyance, I don't want to change anything. Let every necroer know, in their every waking action, how much millions of us out there oppose their actions. That's enough for me.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Why do people seem to dislike INTJs?
    By RenaiReborn in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM
  2. Why do people from different cultures clash?
    By miggies in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 07:37 PM
  3. Why do people learn to read?
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 04:42 AM
  4. [INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?
    By Dominicus Griswold in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO