User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I had to LOL at this. As an admin on this site I have had half the membership gunning for me at some point or another. In fact, one person got banned from this site for literally threatening to drive to where I live and shoot me.
    And as a non-leftist, he has all but about 10 people on this site gunning for him.

Looks like his enemies outweigh yours about 2:1.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Personally I've disagreed with both liberals and conservatives on this forum at one point or another but I am supposedly deeply entrenched in the liberal camp. This was concluded I think solely on my thoughts of working and non working mothers, since the majority of my posts are apolitical.
    Either the people who insist on dividing the forum (or any other group without an expressed political agenda) into liberal and conservative are hopelessly simplistic; or most of the members are hopelessly simplistic, at least concerning politics. I hope the former is right, but perhaps that is just wishful thinking. I echo Pseudo's sentiment in that I have disagreed with both liberals and conservatives, or more accurately with traditionally liberal and traditionally conservative positions. I have also pointed out that sometimes liberal and conservative positions are just two sides of the same coin, but I usually get more traction with that argument IRL.

Bottom line: it isn't that simple; labelling solves nothing; and it isn't personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    And as a non-leftist, he has all but about 10 people on this site gunning for him.

Looks like his enemies outweigh yours about 2:1.
    A gunman in the driveway is worth . . . how many online?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I noticed, because it's also always visible on the outside.
    See Ivy, it's dealing with idiotic posts like this, on a near-constant basis.

I mean, it is just a forum, so it ought to be something you can just shrug off.

But people do invest a significant amount of time and emotion in this place, so it's understandable why it might affect them.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

See Ivy, it's dealing with idiotic posts like this.

On a near-constant basis.

They know not the errors of their ways.
    Ivy has to moderate your posts. Don't you have any sympathy for that? Surely something can crack that delusion of infallibility.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

But have you noticed that Peguy, Beorn, Saturned, lowtech redneck, et. al. don't seem to need to make violent or personally insulting posts to get their points across? I don't think they typically have people "gunning for them"- if they do, they don't respond with violent/threatening rhetoric.

Like I said, I really don't think it's about the political alignment. I may argue passionately with Peguy, Beorn, Saturned, lowtech, etc. about political issues from time to time, but it always stays civil so I feel safe doing so with them. I can be pretty sure they're not going to go to any really insulting or threatening places.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Idle threats.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Idle threats.
    It was a credible threat and I contacted the authorities about it.

MBTI
    FREE

lol. What's going on here? Is it so hard to resist the temptation to fling an insult? What is gained in momentary pleasure must surely be outweighed by the loss of potential constructive discourse...

I kindly direct you folks to a thread I started some time ago:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...unication.html

Edit: Not directed at @Ivy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

@Zarathustra

So you've "inducted" that I was somehow trying to offend discobuiscuit by talking about home mAkers when I had no previous knowledge about his home situation or mothers occupation? My goodness Ni genius at work. Also, excuse me for not realizing that Long time membership to type-c was need to qualify for discussion of all things ever. If discobuiscuit has so long outstanding problem with certain views I'm not responsible for knowing them or for becoming the recopient of all his long stored up liberal caused rage. It justs seems to me people should be able to discuss thing with out having a forum tantrum, driving the whole thread off topic into a split thread and then calling in his buddies to "back him up" against other users who aren't even looking to fight with him. You also don't know what's going on so you've just come in to swing hammers at anyone you don't like.

I've had you only block since our last exchange and I see now I wasnt missing anything. Cheap insults and bullying. It's boring. you're not as intelligent as you think you are and it's hard to talk to people with that sort of problem.

Have a good day and may we never speak again.

P.S don't attack my rep wall again.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Either the people who insist on dividing the forum (or any other group without an expressed political agenda) into liberal and conservative are hopelessly simplistic; or most of the members are hopelessly simplistic, at least concerning politics. I hope the former is right, but perhaps that is just wishful thinking. I echo Pseudo's sentiment in that I have disagreed with both liberals and conservatives, or more accurately with traditionally liberal and traditionally conservative positions. I have also pointed out that sometimes liberal and conservative positions are just two sides of the same coin, but I usually get more traction with that argument IRL.

Bottom line: it isn't that simple; labelling solves nothing; and it isn't personal.

I'm not "gunnin for" anybody. I don't consider anyone on here really an enemy just differ t opinions in conversations I can Choose to take part in or not. I think that the idea or competing teams in type c is just pointless and indon't see it as existing. I disagree with someone one day and then rep them another. I would suggest making a thread if you really wanted to talk about maybe the lack of conservative on the Internet and reasons for that? I don't know. Is that the core issue?