User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Well let's get the opinions of those who would know. I have a question, What is your opinion of the left leaning tendencies of TypoC? And how does this influence your choice of whether to post in political threads?

@lowtech redneck @Zarathustra @Peguy (sorry to drag you in I know this isn't your cup of tea) @Beorn @Saturned @Nerd Girl

At this point this should be split off.
    I can and have had civil, respectful conversations about political topics with almost all of those people, and consider most of them friends. You, on the other hand, always seem to take things to a personal level, and pretty quickly. Sometimes you even use violent language. It's not about your politics.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hmm... I've always gotten along with disco despite the fact that he knows that I'm a dreadful commie pinko liberal... probably because when push comes to shove I'll happily be just as blunt
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't think I've ever seen you talk about watching the life drain from someone's face as you push your thumb into their throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen you talk about watching the life drain from someone's face as you push your thumb into their throat.
    Who said that?

I always wondered how many people saw that crazy post.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I haven't... I definitely have different manners of expressing myself, but I do believe that I've been reprimanded a few times for telling people to fuck off... which was deserved (I'm sticking by that still! )

however, I have some sympathy for those who have less of a sense of propriety from time to time considering that I can't go through a day in real life without doing something like threatening to give someone an emergency tracheotomy with an ink pen for getting on my nerves (they deserved it as well... I'm sure )

point being, I've always managed to get along with him for some reason despite the fact that I hold fairly opposite opinions
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    He knows what he's done. When y'all talk about him publicly like this, it feels like you're not respecting him and it disturbs me. Is this an eye for an eye?
    No, this is just me responding to a public post on a public forum as a member of said forum, like everyone else in this godforsaken thread has been doing.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Don't have time to read this whole thing, but I'll respond to that which was written after I was mentioned.

Well let's get the opinions of those who would know. I have a question, What is your opinion of the left leaning tendencies of TypoC? And how does this influence your choice of whether to post in political threads?

@lowtech redneck @Zarathustra @Peguy (sorry to drag you in I know this isn't your cup of tea) @Beorn @Saturned @Nerd Girl

This forum is absurdly left-leaning.

The only way in which that affects my willingness to post in political threads is in regards to time management, because, if you want to post something sensible and not leftist, you have to prepare to deal with all the leftist blowback, and showing all of them why they're actually mental midgets, when they all (whether consciously or not) form a nice lil group that serves to reinforce their beliefs (i.e., groupthink), takes time, and would be counterproductive if you weren't willing to battle back and show them the idiocy of their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What's funny is that I feel like you guys dominate the discussion, for being such a minority from the "quantity" end of things. I don't feel like many of the liberal leaners really much care as much.
    Oh, they care.

We're just smarter, and have right on our side.

When a 10 man team faces a 50 man team, who has to play harder person to person?
    This is also a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    And just to be clear can we all admit that he was the one who brought up class warfare and politics? So if the idea is that liberals are beating down his opinions on type c I have to disagree.
    Judging the general based off this one situation is pretty precarious. (insults removed)

*cue meaningless Ti nitpicking/hair-splitting*

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    A difference in opinion especially if the expression of that opinion is not about or directed towards him in any way cannot be seen as an attack.
    Again, if you were a longer-time member, you'd know there are ways of doing things that are both a difference of opinion "not [necessarily] about or directed towards" somebody, but that are also essentially an attack. The two are not mutually exclusive. And people who spend enough time here tend to figure out how to accomplish both.

For example, even our "leadership" likes to engage in said activity:

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Actually, no. I have never been called a tribalist or a savage by anybody, online or offline, in 32 years. Quite to the contrary. Maybe I am doing something right.
    This is the most pathetic, petty insult I've seen on here.

It really paints you in an ugly light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's just funny because I think the 50 man team might only play because the 10 man team is so out there and determined. Usually I don't care as much on my own and I find myself responding to strong opinions instead.
    I don't know.

You were chock full of dumb, left-leaning, piss-poor analysis throughout election season.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    NOT because of political leanings
    Actually, it is.

Y'all wouldn't do it to him if he were left-leaning.

Frankly, if he were left-leaning, he'd be one of the most reasonable of all y'all.

And there are left-leaners -- some of the actual reasonable ones -- who agree with me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    LOL someone got him started again? At least there is as yet only one long article quoted in full to muck up my scrolling convenience. DB, I'm pretty sure at this point you must be in violation of one or more copyright laws.
    At least the articles he posts are good.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    you seem pretty easily provoked. it's fun
    (insults removed)

I can and have had civil, respectful conversations about political topics with almost all of those people, and consider most of them friends. You, on the other hand, always seem to take things to a personal level, and pretty quickly. Sometimes you even use violent language. It's not about your politics.
    I civilly and respectfully disagree with you here.

I think, for the amount of shit he takes, he's got a pretty level head on his shoulders.

I think, if you had the same number of people gunning for you that he does, you'd probably flip your shit and/or leave.

Ok, I remember that comment, but was that actually telling someone in a political discussion that that's what he wanted to do, or was he just describing how he can be/think sometimes? It very well could have been the former, but I don't remember. Furthermore, perhaps it was a worthwhile thing to say to someone. I ain't gunna lie. Sometimes I feel like grabbing a man's head, thumbs in his eye sockets, and repeatedly bashing his skull into the ground. :: shrug :: There's a gorilla inside me...

No, this is just me responding to a public post on a public forum as a member of said forum, like everyone else in this godforsaken thread has been doing.
    Well, I don't know what I missed, so perhaps he did something wrong; nor am I saying that he's incapable of doing wrong, or has never done wrong previously; I am willing to say, tho, that he takes a large amount of crap for sticking to his political beliefs here, and that most of the pussies who give him that crap wouldn't last a second with a cool head if they were on a forum that did the same to them.

*cue "well then why doesn't he just leave" (as if that's a smart response) messages*

Thus Spake Zarathustra
    Last edited by Randomnity; 11-29-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: removed personal insults

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think, if you had the same number of people gunning for you that he does, you'd probably flip your shit and/or leave.
    I had to LOL at this. As an admin on this site I have had half the membership gunning for me at some point or another. In fact, one person got banned from this site for literally threatening to drive to where I live and shoot me.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Zarathustra doesn't belong in that group...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Furthermore, perhaps it was a worthwhile thing to say to someone. I ain't gunna lie. Sometimes I feel like grabbing a man's head, thumbs in his eye sockets, and repeatedly bashing his skull into the ground. :: shrug :: There's a gorilla inside me...
    I noticed, because it's also always visible on the outside.
    Go to sleep, iguana.