First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    What the fuck is this thread? Did @UniqueMixture end up getting his Battle Royale Island/Thunderdome/Wank Tank afterall?
    wut?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Actually, it is.

Y'all wouldn't do it to him if he were left-leaning.

Frankly, if he were left-leaning, he'd be one of the most reasonable of all y'all.

And there are left-leaners -- some of the actual reasonable ones -- who agree with me on that.
    No... It has to do with statements like this "We're just smarter, and have right on our side." I guess the laws of physics do not operate in the universe you inhabit. Politics grow out of psychological processes that stem from molecular movement that is beyond the control of any of us (yet influenced by our movements). Instead of realizing WHY politics exists as it does you argue about what it -SHOULD- be. I believe that is ultimately foolish and that systems evolve independent of belief (by and large). I believe that you hold your beliefs for the same reasons everybody does, namely because it is in your best interest, and your inability to be honest about that and your sincere belief that your ideology is beneficial universally is ignorant[...].
    Last edited by Ivy; 12-03-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: removed insult
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    and have right on our side.
    Granted.. for one given interpretation, this is true. In fact, it's a tautology.

The only interpretation of anything that matters is the one that's most entertaining.

A savage? *spits out lasagna laughing*

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    A savage? *spits out lasagna laughing*
    Well, yeah. Savages come in many different forms.

For example,

So, it's plausible.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Does the tiny tot have a heartbeat?
    Maybe. So at one time did the chicken I ate last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    All man made laws are beliefs that are forced on other people. Don't be obtuse.
    No. Human laws are rules designed to facilitate our living peaceably together in a society. They are based on value judgments, not beliefs. In a democracy, they are supposed to reflect the consent of the governed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    While there are very simple answers to your questions I have no interest in talking about this subject on a substantive level with you since you clearly have no ability or desire to think in any way outside your own worldview (even conceptually) and deal honestly with people with whom you disagree.
    It is, of course, your prerogative to converse with whom you will. These are just the kind of questions, however, that expose the internal moral contradictions of many so-called "pro-life" arguments. It is telling, and not surprising, that you are unwilling to confront them.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I also don't think it's an objective statement to say that heartbeat = personhood. My cat has a heartbeat.
    Grrr. Do you want to get objective about what's objective? Because I'll go there. I'll go there proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I fail to see how DB getting worked up over some perceived slight against his mommy, which was not fairly based on anything that Pseudo (a poster not known for being very politically vocal) said, qualifies as either (1) a political argument or (2) a political argument in which his right-leaning politics are being dumped on. That much is clear from this thread, which I've just wasted time reading.

There is a difference between feeling persecuted because you're outnumbered (which, however unproductive or blown out of proportion, is at least based on some reality) and actively finding reasons to feel persecuted. The latter always happens with DB. I'm not sure why, really, nor what is being hoped for by this approach (to sway people to your side out of pity? Or just receive the emotional gratification of a persecution fantasy in which the long suffering martyr is proven righteous in his beliefs in the end?) Either way it's annoying for anybody to do For ANY reason.
    I appreciate you being so open. I want to start by asking you if you realize that usage of words like "mommy," when you're speaking to an adult, come across as condescending? Some of what you said sounds reasonable, but overall, it's an unfair, dramatic narrative of events.

Like @DiscoBiscuit, I have been on the receiving end of a lot of nonsense for sharing a different point of view than the majority. I've experienced undeserved badgering, patronizing, skewed context, character attacks, and condemnation from Christians that think I'm reprobate; all of which was unnecessary and falls short of a fun, friendly, respectful environment that I'd expect among fellow members.

I've noticed some people have no boundaries and can be relentless in trying to wear others down for sport. And some people are just hateful and they have no problem oozing hate all over my posts. That's fine. I've learned the more you are, the more people will hate you; and that must be where the old saying, "it's lonely at the top," came from. (I could become Mother Theresa and I bet there would still be people that choose to hate me.)

In conclusion, I think pride causes hateful people to have self-serving hidden agendas, which leads to manipulation. When someone is manipulating someone else, they're not trying to say what they really mean. Instead, all they're trying to do is play a game upon and 'control' by artful, unfair, or insidious means.

There's no doubt when I'm dealing with a manipulator. What's worse than dealing with one manipulator, is having to deal with a teamed-up group of them when I'm stressed. It is what it is. At the end of the day, I feel good because I'm proud of who I am and what I stand for. (I have no ill wills.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It is telling, and not surprising, that you are unwilling to confront them.
    If you want to think that your questions and responses stumped me and that's why I'm not arguing with you anymore then I'll let you think that.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    (I could become Mother Theresa and I bet there would still be people that choose to hate me.)
    Mother Theresa never advocated for child abuse or racism so I don't think that will be a problem.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Do you not think that adults should do work whether it's in or outside the home?
    Are you trolling, or what? If someone has enough money, nothing says that he-she SHOULD work.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp