User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I bet your sister would disagree about your definition of a peaceful afterlife.
    I don’t know that cat really likes to hide in bushes, and then when you walk past he jumps out and bites your ankle. Of course when I hide in the bushes and jump out to bite his ankles, he won’t have a bar of it! I’m starting to think that cats don’t have an innate sense of fairness.

WALMART

A heaven with no limits. Do I win for relative simplicity?

garbage

Can I just make it a copy of this plane of existence, only that I also get Old Testament-like superpowers? That'd be pretty bitchin'.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    A heaven with no limits. Do I win for relative simplicity?
    Winning requires that this thread has a goal, when all it really has is a very rough hypothesis. Not to mention a heaven with no limits is certainly not simple, because for it to truly have no limits you would have to step outside of the limited human scope, into something more and who knows where that would lead?

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Can I just make it a copy of this plane of existence, only that I also get Old Testament-like superpowers? That'd be pretty bitchin'.
    Well sure, so long as vengeful wrath is your thing go for it!

WALMART

@Trollogo

Hey, I said relative simplicity.

Also, may I vote you posterperson for Ne dominance?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

You know that saying that hell is other people, well I think heaven IS certain, specific other people.

Permabanned

basically, this life, except i live in a warmer place, with a superpower (maybe 'the ability to know everyone's fate'), a spaceship so i can go anywhere in the universe, and, of course, a huge family.
    also, a constant supply of amazing food.
    also, i'd still want to die in the traditional sense...being trapped in "perceivable life" would be hell. maybe, then, a life "off" switch...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Hey, I said relative simplicity.
    Well I suppose, but consider to us the ant is relatively simple, and out in the mindboggling big universe there is perhaps something to which we would seem simple. And the pattern repeats ad infinitum, so relatively speaking all things are simple.

Also, may I vote you posterperson for Ne dominance?
    Is there some sort of thread about poster's and cognitive functions? Sure I'm not opposed to the idea, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You know that saying that hell is other people, well I think heaven IS certain, specific other people.
    Would that consist of people you know, or perhaps people you admire as well?

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    basically, this life, except i live in a warmer place, with a superpower (maybe 'the ability to know everyone's fate'), a spaceship so i can go anywhere in the universe, and, of course, a huge family.
    also, a constant supply of amazing food.
    also, i'd still want to die in the traditional sense...being trapped in "perceivable life" would be hell. maybe, then, a life "off" switch...
    Wouldn't knowing the fate of everyone render everything you do pointless? in a single instant you would perceive all the possible future paths, then you would be left to trudge out the road already traveled.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Trollogo View Post
    Wouldn't knowing the fate of everyone render everything you do pointless? in a single instant you would perceive all the possible future paths, then you would be left to trudge out the road already traveled.
    As opposed to not knowing (as is the case now) where everything I do has a point?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    As opposed to not knowing (as is the case now) where everything I do has a point?
    exactly, or would you feel a certain amount of comfort from knowing the time and place of all things?