Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    cocaine increases sex drive
    and decreases boners. how ironic.

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    378 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    and decreases boners. how ironic.
    not always
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I'm sure there are a thousand scholarly articles on the subject, but I am curious about y'all's opinion on the matter.

From caffeine to pot, alcohol to anti-depressants... what is the appeal?
    I don't get it.

Alcohol: Turns me into a Sx/So ENFJ.
    Caffine: Turns me into a rabid squirrel who talks faster than the solar system moves through space... at least for approximately 20 minutes. Then I crash and start crying.

Drugs: No experience. I had opportunities in college to do weed but my laziness more than anything else is what prevented me from trying them. "Hey Saturned, want to try this?" Person says from across a ten foot abyss. "Hmm... What I hear you saying is that I have to get up and walk ten feet in order to procure this item... is that correct?" "Ooh, pretty colors." Also, I think it's pretty clear from anyone who has met me or talked to me for a few minutes, that I am possibly the last human in existence who needs mind altering devices.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    cocaine increases sex drive
    Im pretty sure my brother does cocaine and tries to hide it from his angers me.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

3w4 sp/so

To enjoy the theoretical loss of responsibility that accompanies the self-induced loss of control to a foreign substance.

It certainly can't be this:
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    Lawful Evil

5w4 sp

I like coffee for the taste, but it gives me tremors so I've been cutting back (ie. from black coffee to lattes lol). The process involved in making de-cafe coffee freaks me out though, so you won't catch me drinking that junk.

I smoke cigarettes, even though I don't enjoy it anymore. 2013 is the year I think I'll quit.

Pot is my fav. It doesn't react negatively with any of my existing medication (Lithium, Seroquel, Zopiclone), and just allows me to get out of my own head for a bit and kick back. It also is the best thing for pain, especially the physical aches of depression and flu season. Pretty much my one-stop-shop for feeling better.

I rarely drink alcohol anymore. I don't enjoy the effect it has on my thinking and my body, but I still enjoy the taste of select beverages. When I do drink, its one glass of red wine with my steak, or one beer while watching football on Sunday.

As for real illicit drugs: I've done shrooms a couple times, first time I was actually drugged (my "friend" snuck it into my pasta). The altered state of perceiving things is what I think I got a kick out of. It makes running through parks at night time seem like you're in a magical forest. I've done MDMA a handful of times at concerts and such, which I regret. It really messes with your serotonin re-uptake. But, it does make music feel awesome, and everyone in the room is your best friend.
    Strong preference of Introversion over Extroversion (89%) ; Distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%) ; Slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%) ; Slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%) - { slightly cracked }

- MY TUMBLR -