First 12345 Last

Thread: appeal of drugs

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's just caffeine and anti-anxiety medication (prescription drug) for me. The caffeine, gives me more energy. Sometimes when I feel really groggy and/or unmotivated it's the thing that keeps me going.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Caffeine helps me to focus and be alert for information processing. Don't usually drink alcohol too much, but when I do drink I feel happy and like everything is great and I love everybody.

So there's that.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

and as another note... as someone who's quit, what makes me yearn for another drink from time to time...

* the feeling of fitting in to what's going on without having to pay attention to the details of the situation... a chance to just flat out relax in a social situation without pissing anyone off at the end of a long day

* a chance not to feel awkward in situations where others are drinking and offer you a drink

* to gain the ability not to feel the need to take control, not to need to analyze the situation... to quit thinking and relax completely

* to get to be a fun person who is much more pleasant to be around... to be likable

damn I'd love to have that freedom again sometimes
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I do not agree with this statement. Sometimes it's meant to be a entrance.
    I think in the circumstances Domino is talking about, it really is almost always an escape. There are a lot of people that have shit lives with little chance of ever seeing real improvement, no matter how hard they try. It's a lot easier to just 'leave' than try to deal with it all the time.

For me, caffeine doesn't seem to have much of an energy boost effect. I like how coffee, black tea, and cola taste. I know I'm addicted because I get headaches if I go without for very long. I could wean myself off the caffeine with a few days effort. Wouldn't miss the coffee much. Would miss the cola when eating certain foods, but I could deal. I will not ever willingly give up the black tea. My husband makes sweet tea that the gods would fight over if they ever got a taste of it. Life is too short to give up tea.

I'm too chicken to use alcohol or recreational drugs. Anti-depressants, etc never actually seemed to make me feel any better. I stick with books, food, sex, and occasional video games or frivolous shopping as coping mechanisms.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned

One of the first things I realized was "there is a reason why people do drugs".

It feels good.

I think it'd be hard to explain it to someone who has never tried.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Drugs are awesome. Just don't do meth or heroin and you should be fine.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Drugs are awesome. Just don't do meth or heroin and you should be fine.
    Or Molly, oxy, robotripping and mixing anything with a car.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Yeah kiddos you heard it here first. No synthetic shit.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Yeah kiddos you heard it here first. No synthetic shit.
    sounds boring

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    sounds boring
    Damn chana, do you start out by double anal fisting a virgin?