User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    As long as you don't have children or not planning on having children anytime soon, follow your dream!
    That's the thing though. He says he is planning a family in the near future.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

Dream dream dream!

Of course, I can't say anything, getting money from social security and having a child... Well husband has a secure job he won't quit for anything, so we can feed ourselves and our child quite well, no problems there. But being jobless is really hard, especially when you get a job interview but not the job. It's hard because you feel useless, thinking you're mooching from society, and knowing you're mooching from your husband. Sometimes I feel like I'm not allowed to write, I'm not allowed to have fun while he is working. But he loves his work, for him it's more than a duty. And as for me, idling my time away is a worse way to mooch than writing (both application letters and novels).

http://zenpencils.com/comic/92-chris...to-be-average/
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Nice comic, the guy looks like my office colleague .

Regarding child care: it should be basic that the child needs to grow up safely. But its important as well for the childs parents to be happy. If I imagine that I'ld be showing my nowaday job to my son, I'ld feel like an uncool Dad and that I wouldnt want to be. Even sacrifices you do for your childs should have its limits, otherwise you become unhealthy and overly protective. And besides that, I am pretty young, I doubt that I'ld become totally jobless. McDonalds for example just is hiring for a new outlet in my city, I could start there. It's my belief that you'll always find a job at least when the economy is healthy. Call me a dreamer but its one of my principles.

My Dad quit his save job when I was born and started a business without any safety net. He wanted to create a future for his family and thought the best strategy was full-attack on all fronts without any backup. I am different, I am more into safety cause I imagine too much about what can go wrong. Therefore I wont make a deadly leap. I maybe have found a solution with an energy supplier. They have save jobs and pay very well. I could work as a full engineer there. I'll give it a try !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I maybe have found a solution with an energy supplier. They have save jobs and pay very well. I could work as a full engineer there. I'll give it a try !
    Sounds good. Viel Erfolg!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    IsFJ

Hmmm, shouldn't this be on the Academics/Careers subforum? It did strike me as weird that it wasn't...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Follow your dream, at least you won't be dying on the inside. We only have one life.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Follow the dream, but don't expect to catch it in a month or a year or a decade or maybe even at all.

Basically, be mature enough to deal with the consequences. And don't gamble everything if you have children to support.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost