User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

@entropie... I can understand... I spent 6 years in college and then joined the real world and mostly worked sales positions and was actually rather good at what I did... to the point where I usually taught other people how to sell things... every day seemed the same to the point where my weeks just blurred together and it was like living in a dream world... one morning I woke up and thought "fuck this... where's the passion?" and I didn't go into work, instead I applied to school and immediately found another job until school starts...I'm not willing to move closer and closer to death without ever really living
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I wish I could tell you YES! Follow that dream! It WILL all work out but I can't because sometimes it doesn't.

I learned a long time ago to consider every possible outcome I could think of in a situation. If I wasn't willing to live with all possible outcomes (including the bad ones) then I had no business taking the risk. Sometimes I would have outcomes I hadn't even considered but it is still a useful tool to assess your risk-tolerance in this instance.

Maybe that filter will help you get some clarity on your situation.
    Last edited by PrincessButtercup; 11-19-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: additional thoughts to add clarity
    Karmageddon - It's when, like, everybody is giving off these really bad vibes, and like, it makes that whole world explode, and that's like a real bummer.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    @entropie... I can understand... I spent 6 years in college and then joined the real world and mostly worked sales positions and was actually rather good at what I did... to the point where I usually taught other people how to sell things... every day seemed the same to the point where my weeks just blurred together and it was like living in a dream world... one morning I woke up and thought "fuck this... where's the passion?" and I didn't go into work, instead I applied to school and immediately found another job until school starts...I'm not willing to move closer and closer to death without ever really living
    Theorethically its self-manipulation of myself to ask my fundamental question on an american forum. The american atittude of "one day I got and told myself fuck this" I really really like and hoped to hear, when starting the thread. It's something people in my country absolutely do not have. They are more constant worrieres and very security oriented. But its very refreshing to read you .

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessButtercup View Post
    I wish I could tell you YES! Follow that dream! It WILL all work out but I can't because sometimes it doesn't.

I learned a long time ago to consider every possible outcome I could think of in a situation. If I wasn't willing to live with all possible outcomes (including the bad ones) then I had no business taking the risk. Sometimes I would have outcomes I hadn't even considered but it is still a useful tool to assess your risk-tolerance in this instance.

Maybe that filter will help you get some clarity on your situation.
    Yes, thank you, I do understand. Tho I can tell so much that its quite hopeless to tell an entp to make a stand for his decision. After the decision he will always be wiser and tell you what he has done wrong and could have done better . Its quite nerving to my ixfp and I think she'll kill me one day because of it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I woke up one morning, sat on the edge of my bed and looked into the mirror of my wardrobe and knew I didn't want to go to work. So I didn't.

So I found a lovely place to live on the campus of the Australian National University surrounded by the waters of Lake Burley Griffin, all for $5 a week.

I didn't enroll in any course but joined a number of clubs from the Sailing Club to the Writer's Club and many clubs inbetween. And I even founded a club myself.

I deeply relaxed, read everything I wanted to read, and discussed it all in the coffee shop.

And I fell in love, more than once.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Theorethically its self-manipulation of myself to ask my fundamental question on an american forum. The american atittude of "one day I got and told myself fuck this" I really really like and hoped to hear, when starting the thread. It's something people in my country absolutely do not have. They are more constant worrieres and very security oriented. But its very refreshing to read you .
    funny thing is that most americans might WANT to do that or even advocate doing that but most want because of concerns for financial security... it's more of a mythological american attitude than an actual one... I just have the security of having a SO who does quite well and who encourages me to do something more with my brain, so I have a safety net in place in a way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I woke up one morning, sat on the edge of my bed and looked into the mirror of my wardrobe and knew I didn't want to go to work anymore. So I didn't.

I found a lovely place to live on the campus of the Australian National University surrounded by the waters of Lake Burley Griffin, all for $5 a week.

I didn't enroll in any course but joined a number of clubs from the Sailing Club to the Writer's Club and many clubs inbetween. And I even founded a club myself.

I deeply relaxed, read everything I wanted to read, and discussed it all in the coffee shop.

And I fell in love, more than once.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Its my deepest convinction that there is something in the water in Asutralia

Thanks for your backup !

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    funny thing is that most americans might WANT to do that or even advocate doing that but most want because of concerns for financial security... it's more of a mythological american attitude than an actual one... I just have the security of having a SO who does quite well and who encourages me to do something more with my brain, so I have a safety net in place in a way
    Its still a better entrepreneurial culture in the States. At my place being a shareholder already turns you into a risk taker in society. Biggest risk people take here is drinking a different coffee brand in the mornings
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

If only I could quit college to become a Cosmologist then my dreams for the grand design of the Universe could one day be wrought into realization!

Yes, thank you, I do understand. Tho I can tell so much that its quite hopeless to tell an entp to make a stand for his decision. After the decision he will always be wiser and tell you what he has done wrong and could have done better . Its quite nerving to my ixfp and I think she'll kill me one day because of it
    LOL I can relate. I make a decision and the next day make a different decision and so on and so on. That is part of why I stay at my secure low-paying soul-sucking job. I cannot make up my mind which of my many dreams to follow.
    Karmageddon - It's when, like, everybody is giving off these really bad vibes, and like, it makes that whole world explode, and that's like a real bummer.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Its still a better entrepreneurial culture in the States. At my place being a shareholder already turns you into a risk taker in society. Biggest risk people take here is drinking a different coffee brand in the mornings
    I'm from the midwest... that region where all the germans went when they came to america we're not known for taking risks around here particularly

risks are for coastal people in general