User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    @underline... ew! Have you considered what is IN a river? I would rather die of dehydration than consume parasite filled liquid wherein the unclean bodies of fish have been wriggling in between the molecules only moments before.
    You can always boil the water dear Saturned.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ugh, then I would have to know how to make a fire... which requires me to know how to gather firewood.... and then I will distracted by wondering if the wood weighs the same as a duck... and soon I will be busy looking at the stars and painting.

or something.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

But fire gives away your position!

By the way, survival skills aren't type related. They can be taught.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Enneagram
    9w8

As for the microbes in the water, do your homework ahead of time. Take a sample and test the water.

But if you did need to make a fire, because maybe it was part of your plan, waterproof matches are available at any camping supply outlet, even Walmart. Also, a magnesium block and a pocket knife can come in handy.

I agree. Survival skills can be learned by just about anyone.

MBTI
    STP

If anything is required to be successful in a risky career such as this it is decisiveness - planning, sticking to them, deciding what information is required and which to let go.

Timing which is crucial in missions such as these could be done with the use of a wrist watch therefore anyone could make, but when to execute the plan / decisiveness, making contingency plans is an Achilles' heel of most types, including ISTPs. Their requirement for more and more data and their constant change of plans with the gaining of new data - which is theoretically true - is what makes me argue against ISTPs whom most of you have selected.

INTPs - after a quick glance which was only suggested by @Fluffywolf - is a terrible choice I believe. If there is any type that would die from thirst sitting next to a river that type would be INTP. They are the kings of indecisiveness.

ISTP would make decisions but change them with the arrival of more and more data and procrstinate taking too long to decide what is important and what is not - sensory overload. Yes yes yes being the SPs they are they would take actions with daring risks but would they survive for too long? INTPs on the otherhand would not make any decision to begin with.

Therefore my choice is INTJ unless they have to seduce someone to get to their target.
    Lol, typical J response. When your as good as we are you dont need planning So while you do have all these ingenious plans and decisivness, could you actually pull them off. I am thinking the contingency plans are because you dont succeed very much or you take to long to actually act even when you have "decided". Isnt that what makes NT types NT and not SP?
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    As for the microbes in the water, do your homework ahead of time. Take a sample and test the water.

But if you did need to make a fire, because maybe it was part of your plan, waterproof matches are available at any camping supply outlet, even Walmart. Also, a magnesium block and a pocket knife can come in handy.

I agree. Survival skills can be learned by just about anyone.
    you mean assassins dont live in the wilderness all alone while they are trying to take someone out? Survival is not getting killed by others, not mother nature. Unless they are chasing that elusive sloth. Leave it to a bunch of Ns to turn assassins creed into a river rafting adventure in the baren waste land.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Leave it to a bunch of Ns to turn assassins creed into a river rafting adventure in the baren waste land.
    lmao.

Would being in Special Forces count? Special Operations? I wonder what kind of people are in Delta Force. ISTP is probably the best type for an assassin. The type is introverted and probably prefers doing things alone. Introverted sensing for a high awareness of their physical surroundings. Cold hard reasoning that gives a clear head and a strong will in times of crisis. And the ability to internalize and adapt to their surroundings, while exerting precise and firm motor controls and strength.

Enneagram
    9w8

Did someone say it was a wilderness? Nope, we're talking about just any place.

Being aware of your surroundings may sometimes include knowing what's in the water. And btw, not all Ns are created equal. Never underestimate one. Some have learned to be very adaptable. As for the J types, never assume they can't or won't pull something off. A contingency plan does not indicate failure, only thoroughness. Adaptability, now that would come in handy. However, after reading everyone'S responses, I'm inclined to lean toward ISTP

Special forces....I know a guy who trains them. I'll ask him on Saturday when I see him.

Now, here's a new question. Pretend that your particular type is the assassin. How might he or she take out a target. Let's set boundaries so that no one goes into the wilderness or the water, unless the target lives in a house only accessible by water. And just so you don't get creeped out by my questions, I'm a writer. I have to think about these things to make my characters plausible. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Enneagram
    9w8

Oh, and please only answer for your own type, otherwise we'll all just be assuming and second guessing other types.