User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Thanks, Poki. Good thinking; however, I'm looking for a more direct answer.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Great answers and thanks, everyone. Now, about motives...let's say the person wasn't a cold blooded killer and didn't work for money. Let's say he or she had a purpose...I don't know, say taking out big wigs in an illegal black market slave opperation and in addition, this person had remained his master's most loyal and devoted student for thirty years and he/ she wants to see those he smuggles out of the slave market establish lives somewhere else. Now we have a motive and the ninja-trained assassin is not a gun for hire but rather one who can't be bought. Are will still talking cold and calculating or just thorough and cunning? An assassin with a cause? Are we still talking ISTPs and xNTJs?
    ENFP. Fi can be a harsh mistress when riled up.

Enneagram
    9w8

Saturned, do go on. I'm officially intrigued by this idea. I know some ENFPs and one of them is an awesome martial artist. Can you please elaborate? What would it take to put an ENFP in this place? An ENFP is so unexpected as someone said, "No one ever suspects the butterfly." So, now the wheels inside my head are REALLY turning.

MBTI
    STP

As a single representative of ISTP...i dont care much about money, never have. I would more likely fit a "punisher" role then an "assassin" role.
    Im out, its been fun

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Introverted

Sensing and Intuitive on the balanced side. Neither an extreme sensor not an extreme intuitive. Sensor has a slight advantage, or rather said it is more important.

Thinking over feeling. Have to make descisions without emotional weight in the way on the fly.

Perceiver over judging. Movies has assasins in this super action packed life, but in reality, a lot of patience and waiting for the right time is required. A judger might end up in a bad situation because of their nature. A perceiver will take his time. However, if there are deadlines to be met, a judger might be more capable of making the hit happen before that deadline in the best possible way, so there is a case for judgers fitting the bill. But I think perceivers overall have the best chances of being successful.

ISTP -> IstP/InTP.

Definately not a super sensotarded INTP like me though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Enneagram
    9w8

Fluffy Wolf, I think you have something about the balance. Why do you say the sensor is more important?
    Also on the P/J...do you think that would also be better closer to a balance?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    That may be in truth (in full honesty I'm not sure what the realistic difference in skills between historical ninjas and highly trained operatives from modern times is, but I suspect ninjas skill sets are highly exaggerated), but there's a key difference in pop culture portrayals of assassins (which, let's be honest, is a pretty big blanket term that encompasses anything from a mob hit man to a mentally imbalanced lone gunman to ninja-type). That's motivation. Most "assassins" as we're thinking of them are cold-blooded killers out for a payday. Ninjas, in western popular culture, are extremely honorable with intense philosophical and moral guidelines that often act as their motivations in and of themselves. Does the motivation change the nature of the agent?

(and, of course, most assassins or would-be assassins of Presidents or major historical figures like MLK are an entirely separate issue)

I guess my answer comes down to: need to better understand the motive or details of the assassin.

(though I'll toss any for-hire hit man or mob enforcer, no matter how skilled, in the 'probably a particularly immoral ISTP' bucket)

I believe the term assassin to be applied to anyone who specifies their targets among a conglomerate. Ninja were assassins, they targeted specifically the caste of Samurai.

I suppose if motivation were factored in any type could become a motivated assassin. ISTP being most efficient

Great answers and thanks, everyone. Now, about motives...let's say the person wasn't a cold blooded killer and didn't work for money. Let's say he or she had a purpose...I don't know, say taking out big wigs in an illegal black market slave opperation and in addition, this person had remained his master's most loyal and devoted student for thirty years and he/ she wants to see those he smuggles out of the slave market establish lives somewhere else. Now we have a motive and the ninja-trained assassin is not a gun for hire but rather one who can't be bought. Are will still talking cold and calculating or just thorough and cunning? An assassin with a cause? Are we still talking ISTPs and xNTJs?

As I said up there, I believe anyone can be motivated into such an existence. It all depends on the person and the circumstance, I suppose. It's actually kind of entertaining thinking of all the types and what the will to combat would be.

I picture ENTP's throwing caltrop grenades like in Tenchu, or ISFJ's running around dual wielding wakizashi.

Riva

If anything is required to be successful in a risky career such as this it is decisiveness - planning, sticking to them, deciding what information is required and which to let go.

Timing which is crucial in missions such as these could be done with the use of a wrist watch therefore anyone could make, but when to execute the plan / decisiveness, making contingency plans is an Achilles' heel of most types, including ISTPs. Their requirement for more and more data and their constant change of plans with the gaining of new data - which is theoretically true - is what makes me argue against ISTPs whom most of you have selected.

INTPs - after a quick glance which was only suggested by @Fluffywolf - is a terrible choice I believe. If there is any type that would die from thirst sitting next to a river that type would be INTP. They are the kings of indecisiveness.

ISTP would make decisions but change them with the arrival of more and more data and procrstinate taking too long to decide what is important and what is not - sensory overload. Yes yes yes being the SPs they are they would take actions with daring risks but would they survive for too long? INTPs on the otherhand would not make any decision to begin with.

Therefore my choice is INTJ unless they have to seduce someone to get to their target.

Enneagram
    9w8

Oooh, this is really getting good. What if seduction WERE a requirement? Seduction, precision, decisiveness, timing, stealth, secrecy, planning...then which type are we looking at?

Oh, this thread is making me want to ask ...what kind of assassin would each type be? I mean what would their style be?

Anew Leaf

Saturned, do go on. I'm officially intrigued by this idea. I know some ENFPs and one of them is an awesome martial artist. Can you please elaborate? What would it take to put an ENFP in this place? An ENFP is so unexpected as someone said, "No one ever suspects the butterfly." So, now the wheels inside my head are REALLY turning.
    Oh, some gloriously tragic story. Like... if the love of my life was murdered by a clan of evil pirates, I would totally go ninja assassin girl on them. I know the most important part of being an assassin: don't eat potato chips on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    If anything is required to be successful in a risky career such as this it is decisiveness - planning, sticking to them, deciding what information is required and which to let go.

Timing which is crucial in missions such as these could be done with the use of a wrist watch therefore anyone could make, but when to execute the plan / decisiveness, making contingency plans is an Achilles' heel of most types, including ISTPs. Their requirement for more and more data and their constant change of plans with the gaining of new data - which is theoretically true - is what makes me argue against ISTPs whom most of you have selected.

INTPs - after a quick glance which was only suggested by @Fluffywolf - is a terrible choice I believe. If there is any type that would die from thirst sitting next to a river that type would be INTP. They are the kings of indecisiveness.

ISTP would make decisions but change them with the arrival of more and more data and procrstinate taking too long to decide what is important and what is not - sensory overload. Yes yes yes being the SPs they are they would take actions with daring risks but would they survive for too long? INTPs on the otherhand would not make any decision to begin with.

Therefore my choice is INTJ unless they have to seduce someone to get to their target.
    @underline... ew! Have you considered what is IN a river? I would rather die of dehydration than consume parasite filled liquid wherein the unclean bodies of fish have been wriggling in between the molecules only moments before.