User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What was your favorite food when you were a child?
    Chicken baked in crushed Cheese-It crackers
    Or pizza.

What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
    Computer games (inside)
    Walking/Hiking/Exploring (outside)

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
    28. Old enough to be mature, not old enough to have all the aches and pains that I deal with now.

If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?

If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
    Climb Mt. Everest
    Swim to the bottom of the ocean
    Cliff-dive
    Crash a car into a wall at 100mph

If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
    Abraham Lincoln
    Albert Camus
    Charles Darwin
    Madeleine L'Engle
    Chuck Jones
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    Hillary Clinton
    Thomas Jefferson
    Soren Kierkegaard

If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
    Bear
    Raven
    Coffee chocolate pecan caramel chunk ripple

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
    Death of the Endless; Jadzia Dax (Deep Space Nine); Selene (Underworld); Galadriel (LotR); Kitty Pryde (X-Men); Power Girl

Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
    ...well, there was a time when people told me that Anthony Edwards looked like he could have been my brother. Otherwise, I really don't have a celeb twin.

Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
    Well, at one point, I didn't get the job offer I wanted, and I ended up getting a much better offer from another place. And when adopting, we were offered a child in Vietnam and then the offer was retracted because her parents had asked she not be adopted outside her country; a girl from China was placed with us a year later, and we love our daughter very much.

What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
    I never really went to parties.

What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
    Just about everything, I try to learn and become stronger from everything I face in life. I'm hoping getting through my divorce will make me stronger, but since I'm still in the middle of it, sometimes I wonder... It hasn't been fun.

What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
    Threw ladyfingers out of a moving vehicle, someone called the cops.
    Mouthed off to my mother.
    Otherwise I did not really get into trouble; I was one of those annoying "good kids" who was sneaky enough to not get caught when I was just doing my thing.

What do you miss most about being a kid?
    Freedom to just focus on my own life and do my thing, without having to worry about money or bills or other responsibilities. Each day was mine.
    Hope -- everything seems possible. Sometimes life doesn't end up being as great as you might have expected when you look back -- so many wasted opportunities, so much lost time...

What is your first memory of being really excited?
    Either waiting for Christmas morning, or waiting for my mom to come home from the hospital with my new baby sister when I was five.

What story does your family always tell about you?
    Sadly, my family doesn't tell stories about me anymore.

Favorite Painting

What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?

For a long time, it was denying myself and living in misery for years and years because I thought it was what I needed to do. It also included staying in my marriage, and trying to maintain my old faith in God.

Then the hardest thing in my life was deciding that, after trying for so long, I could no longer do what I had been doing and had to honor what I thought my needs were, regardless of cost. I think it is easy to do things in life, even when they're hard, if you know the outcome is what you need. But life is rarely like that -- often we are forced to risk ourselves and attempt things without any reassurance that we will achieve our goal or even that our goal is what we really need. So much risk and uncertainty, and you just need to step out in faith and correct your course as you go.

I lost probably about 85% of my life and the things I had invested in throughout my life, and suffered much criticism (which was hard for me), but I did achieve my goal and I am much happier now, despite any scars I still bear.

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?

Put the ticket in a bank safe and get a good night's sleep.

Once I got the money, I'd (1) pay off all my debt, (2) pay off the house my kids live in, (3) travel to Scotland, maybe all of Europe, (4) take my family to China to visit where our daughter came from, and (5) quit my job. When I came back, I'd get a decent apartment/house where I felt happy, and I'd start writing.

What sound do you love?
    A healthy wind rustling through the trees.
    Water splashing down a brook.

At what age did you become an adult?
    I have always been ultra-responsible, which is adult-like.
    But in terms of my own soul, I feel like I'm still learning how to be an adult-- set my own course, and not apologize or ask permission of anyone.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INtP

Oh, sure, why not.

What was your favorite food when you were a child? Spaghetti and meatballs

What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Indoor: Board or Video games, reading, movies. Outdoor: hiking.

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 30. Old enough to be established and taken seriously as an adult (even by older folks), young enough for all doors to remain open.

If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? I'm not really into the whole mentor thing... someone who loves what they do and is truly happy. Perhaps one of the folks I met at a wilderness survival school a number of years ago... or George RR Martin, or Neal Stephenson?

If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Fluffywolf had a good answer... try to figure out how to make it permanent.

If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Hmm... not of particular importance to me, really. I suppose that Benjamin Franklin's a good choice, as are folks like Confucius, Buddha, Jesus, etc. But I suspect that most of the particularly famous and renowned people wouldn't live up to their reputation in person.

If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? Bottlenose Dolphin / Lemonade / Vanilla (with chocolate chips)

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Now this one is interesting. Fraa Erasmas (Anathem - to whom I am similar). Nirgal (Red/Green/Blue Mars - to whom I am not). I could name several others, but these two are at the top.

Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? None, really... until a month or so ago, someone told me that I looked like George W. Bush. I was fairly mortified. Until I remembered that back in 2000 (before the presidential stress-aging got ahold of him) the only redeeming quality I found in him is that he looked a lot like my dad. So, there's that.

Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? For the best? Not really. My life's not really that eventful, and those sorts of things tend to fall into the "that wasn't good, and I wish it hadn't happened, but I made it through" category, rather than the "it was for the best".

What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? I generally dislike parties pretty intensely, but 15 yrs ago or so I had a (very extroverted) friend who each year would stage a photo-scavenger hunt (this is prior to digital cameras becoming commonplace). The partygoers would split up into small groups (i.e. - I got to hang out with my friends and avoid the crowds) and head out around the city for a couple of hours to find our photo locations (generally of local and/or historic interest), then we'd all come back to his house and eat cajun food while the photos were developed. Then we'd share photos and stories to wrap things up. Much fun.

What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? I guess I'm not particularly introspective about things like this. Even so, for me I'd say that strength is built up over years of circumstance, rather than specific experiences. Experiences tend to be good, or bad, or neutral, whereas strengths and weaknesses grow over more extended periods of time.

What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? Not very much. I was a pretty good kid. I got grounded for 9 weeks in 6th grade because I got a C+ in English on my report card, but it wasn't really "trouble".

What do you miss most about being a kid? The feeling that the whole world was out there in front of me, that my dreams were achievable, innocence about the mundane responsibilities of being an adult.

What is your first memory of being really excited? Hmm, I can't really remember. I was always a pretty happy-go-lucky kid, but not particularly excitable, really. Probably something relating to Christmas morning, or the first time I went on a roller coaster?

What story does your family always tell about you? I doubt they tell stories about me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    French fries.

Using the Internet.

Probably 10. I would be old enough to enjoy computers, books, and other things that I received as gifts, but not old enough to have any real responsibility or sense that there was something else I should be doing with my life.

Bill Gates.
    The question makes no sense... immortality implies that you've become unable to die, it can't be something that wears off in a single day. Did you mean invincible? I suppose I would go downtown, to the bad part of town, and go shopping to try and get things at cheap prices. If anyone tried to mug me, I could just fight or even IGNORE them, knowing I couldn't be beaten even by a gun or a knife.

Rene Descartes. I want to ask him how he dealt with the knowledge that the only thing you can be certain of is your own existence.

I'd be a cat. Meow!

Probably that character I created one time for DnD. Altea, the Lawful Neutral (leaning Good) Elven Wizard.

I've never been mistaken for one. And the Celebrity app seems to think I look like a bunch of Asian people I've never heard of, even though I'm Caucasian. So it appears that while I haven't been mistaken for a celebrity by a person, I have been mistaken for an Asian by a badly written computer program. xD

Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
    Yeah, in fact it happens most of the time. I usually try to turn something bad into an opportunity. I lose a friend? Just use those emotional resources on another friendship or project. A computer part fails? Hey, I wanted to upgrade anyway, now I can get family members to feel bad and chip in to help me replace it.

I've never enjoyed any real life parties, but I was once on a site that felt like a party on a video game forum's Shoutbox in 2010.

I generally avoid experiencing things that would make me stronger. And even when I go through the experience, I don't really gain an immunity. I still suffer just as much every time, the only difference is that I know what to expect the second time. I don't feel that I've gotten stronger so much as I've gotten better at hiding my weakness and managing in spite of it.

I got yelled at for a few things, but I never really got punished for most of them. One time, though... my father gave me a cell phone to use for calling my mother (they're divorced) because one of his weird projects involved removing the landline temporarily, but didn't explain how cell phones and minutes worked. So I talked to her for a few hours every day, just like I had always done. He got a cell phone bill for $1,000, and my only comment was that I was impressed they could get away with charging that considering how much static I had to put up with. He said he was going to take the phone away from me, and wasn't going to let me use the landline for a week or two after it was installed. So, I then hid the phone somewhere so that I could call her one more time and explain things (he wasn't originally going to let me). I did so, and then placed it out in the open. He was very angry about this, and he threatened to not let me see my mother that weekend, but I managed to talk him into letting me do the dishes for a week instead.

Freedom from responsibility, getting presents every year without any guilt or obligation.

Getting a Super NES for my birthday in 1993.

My mother tells people about how my first words were at a Thanksgiving dinner. She asked me what sound a turkey makes, and I replied "Gobble Gobble" in a sarcastic tone of voice while rolling my eyes, and then began speaking more or less normally. She had the impression that I had known how to speak for a while, but just didn't want anyone to know I could understand them or expect anything of me.

Enneagram
    9w8

What was your favorite food when you were a child? persimmons

What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? As a child, looking for specimens, skating on a frozen creek, trying to hit water moccasins with a well-aimed strike, walking through the woods, exploring abandoned houses and old cemetaries, taking apart rotten wood to determine how termites lived, tearing apart wasps' nest to study their larva, counting the bones in various skeletons I found on my many hikes through the woods, etc. I was a very outdoorsy child and very inquisitive. Now, pretty much the same, hiking, exploring, walking, tearing down barns, building things (like porches), gardening, mowing, weed-eating, fishing, camping, using my chain-saw.

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? no known preferences

If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? I wouldn't pick just one. There are many people that I could learn from. So, it depends on the area in which I need mentoring.

If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? I don't really know. Pretty much whatever popped into my head to do.

If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? I don't know that either!

If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? I wouldn't want to be reincarnated as an animal or ice cream or a drink. I would want to be reincarnated as a shepherd or a country farmer. I would want a quiet life, but I would want to be human.

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Elecktra Ortega.

Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? none.

Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Yes, once I had to turn down a job I thought I really wanted, but it turned out to be a good decision.

What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? I don't like parties. People act fake at parties. I perfer 'events' like an all day martial arts training session, a writer's retreat, a get together of poets to raise money to fight cancer...that type of stuff. I don't do parties. I get asked, but I don't go.

What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? I held my dad's hand and assured him that everything was okay while he left his body and crossed over into the spirit world. It changed me.

What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? [B]Remembered every thing about everybody, took notes on what people did, asked too many questions, jumped into a burning car to save my sister's dress, pierced my own ears without asking, locked my bully-evil cousin in a port-a-potty and left him, hopped on a motorcycle with a neighbor-boy at seven and took off, jumped from a barn loft and pulled my shoulder out of place, raced a tennessee walking horse down a gravel road, fell off and cracked my skull (explains a lot!), played with a snake, road my pony up the creek, played with knives, tackling bigger kids on the school bus,...stuff like that. B]

What do you miss most about being a kid? Free time.

[B]I don't know. Maybe my sixth birthday. B]

What story does your family always tell about you? That I climbed into a burning car and saved my sister's dress, because she was crying and I felt I had to take care of her. My sister is an ENFJ. She has always called me her protector and I guess I have always been, but not just of her, of all my siblings and of anyone in "my charge".

Cheese on toast or burgers with cheese and relish.

Reading or fitness training of some sort.

Twenty one.

Good question. I cant think of an answer.

Immortal? Do you mean invincible? I think I'd swim or walk on the bottom of the ocean if it were possible.

I'd meet some of my foreign friends because I dont see them very often.

I'd be a wolfhound. Or a corgi.

Indiana Jones or Jason Bourne.

None.

No.

Probably a caving trip or holiday party.

I got a promotion which I had to walk away from because it was going all wrong.

I was from a better home than a lot of my fellow pupils at school, lead to a lot of bullying.

Free time and having much more freedom to avoid or take nothing to do with assholes.

Christmas as a kid.

Hmm, I dont know.

MBTI
    xxTP

chicken escalope with pasta & tomato sauce

gym I guess, or football (soccer), if you mean like "physical activity"

you won't have heard of him

some heroic shit like shoot a certain dictator who rules in the country of my birth

No idea. No-one is that special.

Lion. Or a White Russian.

Ray Liotta in Goodfella's. that's the life

Prince William.

Always. Everything is for a reason IMO and I don't regret anything which I have done or has happened to me, as it led me to where I am now. everything that ended, was not meant to be, and the worse possible thing would be to continue mistakenly down a chosen path.

Nothing is forever.

Many of them.

Losing my job, and finding a new one. + Breaking up with my girlfriend and becoming devoted to a life of freedom.

Not too much. Messin around with friends. We once broke into a guys house for a prank. Used to prank people a lot but nothing too interesting.

Future ahead of you, no responsibilities.

My little brother being born. I was sick with nerves, literally, on my dads bed.

Once my aunt came to pick me up from school, but I pretended to not know her. I was like 6. People thought she was trying to kidnap me. She didn't speak to me for a few days after and she still talks about it.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ice cream

Indoor: Surfing the Internet
    Outdoor: Walks in the woods or in a nice park

Don't know

Skydive, drive a racecar

An old friend of mine who died five years ago prematurely from cancer
    Also I'd like to bring my grandpa back to life. I never got the chance to get close to him.

Animal: Something intelligent
    Drink/ice cream flavor: None. Why would I want to be reincarnated as such?

Not sure. Harry Potter maybe?

None

Yes. One time I got turned down for a job I really wanted and then two years later, that company dissolved.

I'm not much for parties. I did enjoy my college graduation party though.

I don't think I can pin it down to one experience, it's the totality of my experiences that makes me stronger.

I never got into any serious trouble aside for an occasional scolding. I think curiosity got me in trouble. One time I snuck in the school counselor's office and snuck a peek at student records. I didn't get detention or anything but I got a serious lecture.

When you're a kid, you think anything is possible and the sense that your whole life is ahead of you. Then you get older and realize some of your ideas and dreams just aren't realistic.

Going to preschool for the first time

Too embarrasing and personal to share here.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Mac & cheese

Indoor: Can't pick just one. Music, reading, watching TV series on Netflix, sleeping.
    Outdoor: Walking my dog at the dog park.

30 was a pretty good age, I'd pick that one.

I don’t know… I don’t have any specific subject area I want mentoring in, maybe more of just a life mentor… how to be a good person and treat others as kindly as possible while still being true to myself… someone who’s had great success at doing that perhaps.

I’m not really into thrill seeking; probably nothing different than I’d do on a normal day.

Barack Obama
    Michelle Obama
    Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins)
    Josh Harris (from Deadliest Catch, cause I have a huge crush on him)
    Sherman Alexie
    JD Salinger
    JK Rowling
    Grace O'Malley!!

If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would it be?
    Definitely a dog. I think I already was one in past life.

Jadzia Dax (Deep Space Nine),

I’ve heard I resemble Julia Stiles, but I don’t really think so. Other than that no one’s really ever told me I resemble a celebrity.

Of course, who hasn’t… A few break-ups come to mind, as well as being kind of an outcast when I was a kid. That really, really sucked at the time, but I think it made me so much kinder and more empathetic then I would have been if I were one of the “cool” kids.

Ren Fest Thanksgiving a few years ago. There were about 12 of us, probably, and there was great food, good company and lots of laughs. I drove an hour through a blizzard to get there and it was totally worth it.

Not too much, really. I was a pretty good kid.

Less responsibility, less worry. Though I wasn’t medicated when I was a kid and I should have been, so I probably experienced more worry than I do now, really.

In about 4th grade, when my crush liked the name I had picked for our school project. :P

I can’t really think of one. I can think of several we tell about my little brother though, my favorite being the time he took tiny little bites out of the gingerbread cookies that were part of this Christmas ornament I’d made in school. I think he was bout 2 when he did that, and I was 6.

Favorite Painting
    I’m not really into that artistic medium.

What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
    Lived abroad for a semester. It was also one of the best things I’ve ever done, but being away from my family and home, with untreated anxiety disorder, was not easy.

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
    Pay off the house, car, student loan debt…

What sound do you love?
    The sound of halyards clanging against masts in a marina, the sound of waves whooshing against the shore

At what age did you become an adult?
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Italian

INDOOR: Movies, video games, and computers.
    OUTDOOR: Joyriding to far away places.

Huh?

Run around in traffic or maybe start a bar fight or something so I could impress women with my durability and strength. I couldn't very well go on a killing spree because someone will no doubt kill me the next day, so being immortal doesn't have much more of a point if it's just for a day.

Alfred Hitchcock.

Monster.

Kevin Flynn.

Kevin Bacon, for some reason.

Yes.

Party? AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Lifting those damn boxes.

Made provocative statements in school, which got me expelled.

Being spoiled.

Going to Cedar Point for the first time.

That I was a mistake.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Hmm, why not...

Hamburgers, I think. I also loved popcorn.

Indoors: Surfing the 'net. Outdoors: Walking.

Somewhere in my twenties.

Probably an artist of some sort whose work I admired, as long as I was given my personal space...

That'd depend if I was still capable of feeling pain or not.

Some of my friends here. Anything more famous than that and I'd have tachycardia just being in their presence.

A cat sounds pretty cool. It'd be also neat to be a hedgehog or a porcupine.

I've no idea... Depends on what "being" entails here, I guess?

Daniel Radcliffe a few years back. Well, technically, I was more often compared to Harry Potter himself...

Some instances of travelling. I can be a lousy homebody.

"Best" and "parties". Does not compute.

Disclosing my feelings... I think.

Not that much. Maybe forgetting to turn in some projects at times, even when I did do them.

Not being as worried about future livelihood and responsibilities. Also, friends.

I don't remember... My memory's awful.

Depends. They actually kind of update it.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).