User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

What was your favorite x?
    I'm way too chaotic to pick favorites. I really don't understand how people do it.
    Except for green. I looooooove green.

If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
    What is it with the commitments? Arg! I'd certainly want to change it later if I picked.

If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
    If I'm immortal and invincible, and can't get severe injuries, I think I'd try proxy flying. So if I eat a tree or a mountain I won't die from lack of experience and training.

If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
    Alexander Polli among many others.

If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
    Sparkling snarkelberry

I can't really answer these questions because I either don't know, can't choose, or can't remember.
    I've always sucked at this.

You can't describe me with a convenient questionnaire, damit! :P

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    What was your favorite food when you were a child?
    Sushi

What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
    Uhhh... sex?

That's too hard to say. Different people have better parts of their life at different times. I've had some great periods, but I also don't know what lies ahead -- shit might be awesome in my 30s, 40s, 50s, who knows. My natal chart says something interesting about this: that the best times of my life will be my childhood, which was a very good time, and the last years of my life, when I'll look back fondly on what I've done, and appreciate what I have built. Something about my personality tells me it's inherently stupid to want to stay just one age.

If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
    Ooo, shit. Good question.

Hot damn, that's hard.

I look up to a lot of people. Whereas people think I'm an arrogant ass, cuz I think highly of myself, the truth is, I give credit where credit is due. I think I'm awesome, because I am awesome. I also think a lot of other people are awesome, so narrowing it down to just one person I'd like to learn from is pretty tough. People that come to mind: Nietzsche, Buddha, Jesus, Lao Tzu, Sun Tzu, aw fuck, this could go on and on; I'm not even gunna try.

Jump off a cliff head first.

Jump/get sucked into a jet engine.

Swim as deep into the ocean as I possibly could.

Oddly, compared to the question about who is your mentor, I don't really care as much about this one.

I feel like it should be some smoky-voiced, wise old musician, but I don't quite know why, nor whom.

Tom Waits is coming to mind for some reason, but I don't really care that much about Tom Waits.

I have no idea why, of the three options here, the last is the one that's sticking in my head, and I'm picking the most boring option you could possibly choose, but, vanilla ice cream. I feel like a failure at life, but really, I don't. This ice cream is delicious.

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
    Hmm... originally I decided to respond in this thread because, when I saw this question, I thought to myself, and rather quickly I came up with Luke Skywalker. I found that odd, cuz I'm really not a huge Star Wars fan (I loved the original three when I was a kid, and still do [haven't seen em in forever, but still... I don't really doubt I'd still think they are great], but the new ones suck, and I've never really gotten into all the spin-off consumer crap), but, for whatever reason, that answer resonated, and I was willing to stick with it.

That being said, having now gone through the preceding questions, this response doesn't seem as important anymore, and I'd start to consider some alternatives. Gandalf, for one, has always been one of my favorites. Haha, Ice Cube's character in 'Boyz n the Hood', for some reason, is coming to mind, even though I hated him, and thought he was an idiot, for a lot of the movie, when I saw it as a kid; but there's something liberating about the idea of feeling free to just kill a man (your enemy, and a deserving one, not just anybody) if you want to. Obviously, that's largely just derived from a desire to break free of my white, upper middle class social restrictions, but I don't really see why that's a problem. He would be an interesting character's eyes from which to see the world.

Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
    For the last 6-7 years, it's been House. The last 2-3 years, there have been a number of Jason Stathams. Last night, I got my first (possibly second?) Lance Armstrong. I come from the land of the ice and snow.

Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
    Uhhh, yeah.

Isn't this almost always the case?

Well, perhaps not... but even then...

What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
    As an inferior Se'er, partying is not really that big a part of my life.

That being said, as an inferior Se'er, I also love to party.

As such, at one of my best (female) friend's weddings in Aug 2011, in Tahoe, a certain group of our friends from elementary/junior high/high school were put at a table with some of her other friends from post-college/now from SF, and it quickly became apparent why we were grouped together and dubbed "Rage Cage". I've been going to a spate of weddings in recent years (hitting my late 20s), and have had some really great times, but that was undoubtedly the best wedding I've ever been to. The people there were just so fucking cool, no nastiness, just all love. It's the only wedding I've been to where the dance floor blew up literally the second it opened, and was rocking the entire night. The older people and younger people all meshed really well, and outside you could see them all mingling, some smoking cigars, some smoking cigarettes, some smoking j's. No judgments, no one giving a shit, but, at the same time, classy, not trashy. Lots of young professionals and Silicon Valley types (the crowd was probably 40% Southern Californian, 50% Northern Californian, and 10% elsewhere), but the kind who go to Phish concerts, and, you know, do what you do at Phish concerts. The afterparty was a bit lacking, as we were running low on booze, and the selection sucked, but the party itself was def one of the best I've ever been to.

Fuckin a, that was just weddings. The thing is, I find it hard to compare a great wedding to, like, a great concert, or a great rave, or a great house party, etc. That was one of the happiest moments of my life, tho, so I'll just stick with that, and not spend 10 more lines time reminiscing about other ones.

What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
    Oh, shit.

I mean, this is constantly applicable -- I'm obsessed with personal growth.

I'm also (semi-)obsessed with privacy, tho, and the ones that really matter, I wouldn't be willing to put out there.

I could write about an event I went to the other night, or this recent election, or a bunch of smaller things, but, frankly, I don't find them interesting enough to cover here. Hmm. Interesting. I guess this topic is too personal.

What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
    I was a pretty ideal kid, tbh, so I almost never got in trouble.

I used to get in trouble for losing shit (/ demonic Si, / sp last), which is pretty lame.

I broke the tail light on my neighbor's car one time, by accidentally riding my bike into it (/ inferior Se).

Aww haha. My older sister (5 yrs older, ISTJ) and I used to fight when I was young, and we'd get in trouble for that.

That's about it. I didn't start doing shit that could get me in trouble til at least high school, and, even then, it was bit by bit.

What do you miss most about being a kid?
    The freedom.

Which might sound contrary to my answer above, but, in fact, is not.

I had a pretty incredible childhood: great parents, good friends, loved everything about it.

What is your first memory of being really excited?

Furreal?

I'm supposed to remember this shit?

What story does your family always tell about you?
    Oy vey...

I am not going into those.

garbage

*cracks knuckles*

PB&J, though it was because we were poor as shit, we had little choice, and I didn't know any better.

Indoor: chatting with friends; working on creative hobbies such as drawing, music, and design.
    Outdoor: hiking, swimming, kayaking.

Age confers two benefits: experience/wisdom and respect. The former is more important than the latter, thankfully, and in your scenario we'd be able to gain wisdom without age. Good stuff.

I'd pick mid-20s, because if wisdom isn't a factor, then physical fitness becomes more important.

My uncle Bob. Who already essentially happens to be my "general" mentor. I have other mentors for other aspects of my life, though they vary in effectiveness and in their domains (work, etc.)

Yeah, Gautama Buddha would be a good choice for supreme mentor. Dude has a lot to teach all of us.

Being able to collect and learn from experience without suffering consequences would rule hardcore. I'd be able to desensitize myself to phenomena and go through a bunch of experiential learning. I'd know what it's like to jump off of cliffs, get myself burned to shit, and so on. I'd cram all of that into one day and learn what I could from it.

Benjamin Franklin.

A lion, primarily for the domination factor. I've been told numerous times that my spirit animal would be a lion

Wario, just for the hilarity factor. He's greedy, selfish, imposing, and he has personality.

On voice alone, the guy from the Allstate commercials and others with similar voices. I've gotten told that I sound like a huge black guy or a linebacker.

No idea about celebrities' demeanor and appearance, though I was told George Clooney once.

Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
    A bad breakup made me delve further into psychology, helped me introspect, showed me exactly how dedicated I am when it comes to reaching a goal, and set me on the path of becoming an example.

Halloween parties tend to be my favorites, as I have some creative costumes, I really stand out and get attention, I'm the life of the party, and I make connections. Halloween 2006 was fantastic, because my friends and I put a lot of effort into a Pac-Man + 4 Ghosts ensemble.

Warped Tour 2007 was also great because it was one of the few opportunities (and the first) that I had to see my favorite band (Bad Religion) live.

I try to have these every single day and at every waking moment.

One of the most significant was the (easy) decision to exercise my work flexibility to spend more time with the fiancee, who works 12-hour shifts three days a week.

The significant ones tend to be when I give speeches, important lectures, or showcase media events, because they force me to organize my thoughts and I learn a lot in the process.

Pretty much nothing. The few things I did, I was smart enough to never suffer consequences.

For example, I used to street race, on public streets, and never got caught.

Pretty much nothing.

I can't really reach that far back. I have a shitty memory, which is probably for the best.

My family's too secretive and emotionally/personally closed-off to share stories, unfortunately. Neither good or bad.

Your wish is my command
    I need $150 for new PC parts, mine's broken. Give me $150. If you won't, you're a liar.

The revised list is much more doable.

Carbs

Indoor: lazing
    Outdoor: hiking

Perhaps in my 30s? Don't really want to commit to one age though.

That is so very tough. I have had many mentors throughout my life, work mentors, spiritual mentors, school mentors, friend mentors. I seemed to find them all exactly when I needed them, with their particular wisdom and proficiencies. If I could choose anyone, hm.... I cannot say.

No idea, go into a war zone or something?

Probably my dad's grandma who sounds like a pretty tough lady.

Mountain goat/G&T/something with peanut butter and chocolate

Perhaps someone like Hermione Granger from Harry Potter or Lyra Belacqua from His Dark Materials series. I am a sucker for a strong heroine.

None. Although, some say I resemble Regina Spektor.

Yes. Getting broken up with. Ha.

Former roommate's wedding. It was at this lake in rural PA. There was a live band, everyone dancing. It was a weekend-long affair. We had a bonfire and camped out, went on nature walks, etc. They were Quaker and we all signed the marriage certificate.

Quitting my job.

Eat things I wasn't supposed to. Not do chores/homework. Get in fights with siblings. The usual. But overall I was a pretty well-behaved kid.

Feeling invincible.

Probably Christmas or something.

I was three and climbed to the tree tops, probably much higher than was safe. My parents were scared $*@#less, but I was happy as a butterfly.

What was your favorite food when you were a child? Spaghetti and meatballs
    What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Cooking/playing football
    If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 30
    If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? James L. Brooks
    If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? Be a vigilante
    If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? Jesus
    If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be? Eagle/coffee/chocolate peanut butter
    If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Indiana Jones
    Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? I don't really get mistaken for him, but people say I look like Donal Logue
    Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Probably, but I can't think of anything
    What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to? One of my friends used to throw great New Year's parties when I was in my early 20s. Those.
    What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Working through relationship issues.
    What did you do growing up that got you into trouble? Nothing really. I was a straight arrow. The closest thing was probably talking back to my parents because I'd rather get punished than say something I didn't believe.
    What do you miss most about being a kid? How magical Christmas was.
    What is your first memory of being really excited? This sounds stupid, but when the Philadelphia Flyers won the 1974 Stanley Cup. I wasn't really old enough to know what was going on, I think it was more that everyone around me was so happy.
    What story does your family always tell about you? When I was 3 years old I spent two weeks insisting I was a dog named Bootch and I crawled around and demanded that my meals be served in a bowl on the floor.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    I need $150 for new PC parts, mine's broken. Give me $150. If you won't, you're a liar.
    I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.

For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Blueberries.

Taking walks in the forest.

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.

Cut my arms up so I'd have some wicked scars.

Ted Bundy.

A crow.

Holden Caulfield.

None.

No.

I don't like parties.

I dunno.

Not liking girls.

I dunno.

They don't.

Anew Leaf

What is your favorite planet?
    Saturn

What is your favorite element?
    Argentium

Do you prefer celebrating your birthdays on other planets than your Earthday Birthday?
    Yes

Favorite Painting?

Favorite Messier Object?
    M45

If mountains were cake would eat them?
    YES.

When I was 3 we lived with my grandparents for six months. My grandfather was not a fan of small children. He also had MS and therefore had canes he needed to use when walking. Combine the two into the following scenario of him hitting me with his canes when I got too close to his chair. This is my defense for what happened next.

One morning I was in the laundry room with my grandmother and mother while they were folding clothing. They came across a pair of my grandfather's pants and exclaimed that there was a large cut in the backside. They thought it was strange but since my grandfather was rather odd, they just dismissed it. Then they discovered a pair of his boxers with the same cut problem. It became obvious that whatever happened had occured with him wearing both articles of clothing.

Upon some mild investigation cleverly wrought along the lines of "Saturned, do you know what happened?" I cheerfully exclaimed that it was I who done the Deed. I had decided that he had hit me for the last time, and had discovered scissors laying about. When he was standing with his back to me, I cut his pants.

The End.

Well... Since you like me, perhaps I can get $200 then? You don't wanna be a liar, do you?

P.S. We should really stop derailing this thread of yours.