Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Then why would no one point out the flawed premise? Normally if you believe someone's premise is flawed, you point that out and show why it's flawed... right?
    They committed the same error as you: believing their premise was so correct that it was impossible to think differently.

No stated their premises to begin with, just went at attacking each other's arguments.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    They committed the same error as you: believing their premise was so correct that it was impossible to think differently.

No stated their premises to begin with, just went at attacking each other's arguments.
    Ah... that actually explains a lot.

Apparently we were both wrong in that sense.

I accused them of anthropomorphizing dogs, and they didn't understand this because in their minds dogs inherently possessed anthropomorphic qualities that elicited empathy. So it appeared that I was accusing them of making something blue by pointing out that it was blue, when in reality they were pointing out a quality they believed the object obviously possessed on it's own. And for what ever reason, I happened to see the object in such a way that it did not appear blue.

Well, I guess this is what happens when you have too many NF's and not enough NT's around.

Thanks for pointing this out and explaining what happened. I was quite confused. You're clearly very good at this sort of thing.

MBTI
    ENTP

This seems like one of those ideas that will work itself away. The pets will become increasingly more volatile with each subsequent "pet experience", which means extremely dissatisfied customers, and it would be too costly for the business to constantly refresh the supply.

edit: but I don't think leasing babies is next, that's a slippery slope.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    edit: but I don't think leasing babies is next, that's a slippery slope.
    No, booya, leasing babies is MY idea. I think its great!

MBTI
    JIxT

I'm guessing people would want to rent a dog to subject it to abuse/beatings/cruelty for the purpose of venting. In that case, it's a great idea.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    I'm guessing people would want to rent a dog to subject it to abuse/beatings/cruelty for the purpose of venting. In that case, it's a great idea.
    Oooooh, so shocking!

I fainted when I read this an hour ago and finally was awakened by smelling salts.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Oooooh, so shocking!

I fainted when I read this an hour ago and finally was awakened by smelling salts.
    Smelling salts didn't work on me, I was that deeply shocked. They finally gave me a adreneline shot and I am back in the world of the living. That was close though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Smelling salts didn't work on me, I was that deeply shocked. They finally gave me a adreneline shot and I am back in the world of the living. That was close though.
    We better put it on ignore!

I don't know if I can stand another brilliantly shocking post like that again!

MBTI
    JIxT

???

I was being serious. Children or wives normally take the abuse in families with an abusive parent and leasing domestic animals could serve as replacements.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    ???

I was being serious. Children or wives normally take the abuse in families with an abusive parent and leasing domestic animals could serve as replacements.
    ZOMG!

*faints*