User Tag List

123 Last

Default Intuitives, how do you think?

All in all, I am distinguishing my thoughts and my intuition quite well, and I wonder - what do you go with, intuitives? Do you trust your intuition or do you trust your head (or heart for those who believe that feelings come from the heart, not the head )?

Here's a situation from today:

I have asked someone to give me something. His body said "Hell yea, I'm gonna give it to you!" which generally resulted in my intuition going nuts. However, WHAT he said, meant "Hell no, I don't want to!" which resulted in my logical mind going nuts. I don't know the result yet, in case you're thinking of asking.

But what if it's a choice? If you "feel" that X would be a better choice than Y, but your F/T says that it's not? What do you go with? Assuming you HAVE to make a choice NOW, you can't postpone it and dig more info about it.

By the way, I think this is more applicable to Ni users than Ne, I see Ne more as an idea generator.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I go with my intuition. My gut reaction is more of an Fi judge that has been presented with information from the plaintiff and the defendant Ne and Si. Fi, which acts like a gauge without the little number marks, does wonders when I adhere to its call, for it snuffs out things I cannot observe(Te)
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I trust my intuition. I do question it with logic though and often ask for other people's opinions to help validate it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

i go with intuition which fortunately has developed quite well from tiptoeing on eggshells around a dad who gets angry quite easily. it does get me into trouble sometimes, like it did tonight...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

My head IS my intuition, silly :P

Your example also sounds more sensing to me.

And no, Ne isn't really an idea generator, the actual concrete forming of ideas is just a utility. But like with your example, if I see someone's "body saying something" my immediate reaction is "it's saying something or it's not saying something. What could be happening here?" and I could go anywhere from there, but the Ne "instinct" is to dismiss what is immediately apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    My head IS my intuition, silly :P

Your example also sounds more sensing to me.

And no, Ne isn't really an idea generator, the actual concrete forming of ideas is just a utility. But like with your example, if I see someone's "body saying something" my immediate reaction is "it's saying something or it's not saying something. What could be happening here?" and I could go anywhere from there, but the Ne "instinct" is to dismiss what is immediately apparent.
    Interesting.

My immediate reaction was "Cool, he's likely gonna give it to me!" with the thought in mind, knowing that he has to spend time processing the new information. When he said something to non-directly say a non-definitive no, my thoughts were "Okay, I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow, gonna ask ________ and say _____." The point was that I'm gonna talk to him and tailor his thoughts towards giving it to me while also finding out what he's thinking about it. Eh, I dislike being indirect... But otherwise he "won't work" and likely will simply dismiss what I asked of him.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Interesting.

My immediate reaction was "Cool, he's likely gonna give it to me!" with the thought in mind, knowing that he has to spend time processing the new information. When he said something to non-directly say a non-definitive no, my thoughts were "Okay, I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow, gonna ask ________ and say _____." The point was that I'm gonna talk to him and tailor his thoughts towards giving it to me while also finding out what he's thinking about it. Eh, I dislike being indirect... But otherwise he "won't work" and likely will simply dismiss what I asked of him.
    Looks kind of like an Ni/Se sort of thing..... with the intuitive aspect being more personalized and sort of "zoned-in," using the pure data of the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Looks like an Ni/Se sort of thing..... with the intuitive aspect being more personalized and sort of "zoned-in," using the pure data of the reaction.
    Well I kinda havd a pre-defined opinion about me succeeding into persuading him to give it to me, even without much persuasion... He likes giving.

Just cut the manipulative crap and be direct.
    I wouldn't blame the person if they told you to take a hike. I certainly would.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Well I kinda havd a pre-defined opinion about me succeeding into persuading him to give it to me, even without much persuasion... He likes giving.
    Now this is just going to be driving me crazy until I know the context of all this........ I'm abstracting this the best I can into functions until I get a more "zoned-out" picture of what in the world you're talking about :P