User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 94

  1. #81
    Not Your Therapist Sinmara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    The more you clarify your point, the more gaps you create in your argument, the more the other NTs' fingers twitch to pick it apart, the more you tell them they are wrong and clarify some more.

    I kind of admire the stamina you guys have for this kind of arguing. It just keeps going. You're all like a raging, perfectionist energizer bunny playing king of the more factually and grammatically accurate hill.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.



  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    ok my mistake!

    I don't think it is different. People still want to respond by giving you a "comeback", maybe they are annoyed or maybe just sparring in a friendly way.

    the proof is in the fact that you got pissed off by a simple joke. If the reaction had been what you expected/wanted, you would not have got pissed off.

    Hence the reason why I gave you my opinion, to help you.
    Where did I say that I got pissed of?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinmara View Post
    The more you clarify your point, the more gaps you create in your argument, the more the other NTs' fingers twitch to pick it apart, the more you tell them they are wrong and clarify some more.

    I kind of admire the stamina you guys have for this kind of arguing. It just keeps going. You're all like a raging, perfectionist energizer bunny playing king of the more factually and grammatically accurate hill.
    I've nothing to do anyway, so I do like this kind of nonsense. Until I'll have something to do. Hopefully soon.

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Where did I say that I got pissed of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Who cares?

    Another thing I find annoying about certain situations: when we're discussing a topic and I give an example of something without knowing the details (like this one) just to illustrate my point, I get a reply like I just got. Who cares, the point wasn't that you're from the US, the point was more abstract, it's not even remotely related to the fact that you are not from the US.
    .

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinmara View Post
    The more you clarify your point, the more gaps you create in your argument, the more the other NTs' fingers twitch to pick it apart, the more you tell them they are wrong and clarify some more.

    I kind of admire the stamina you guys have for this kind of arguing. It just keeps going. You're all like a raging, perfectionist energizer bunny playing king of the more factually and grammatically accurate hill.
    I try to avoid that kind of thing. I am only carrying on here because it's a very basic level of argument which requires no real effort on my part, and as it's a Sunday afternoon I am hungover, haven't got dressed or shaved, and I should be studying so this is a chilled out distraction.

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    @Il Morto Che Parla Annoyed isn't the same as pissed off. At least in my mind, pissed off means pissed off, angry, etc., while annoyed means lightly... Well, annoyed.

  6. #86
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    I view intuition as the constant mulling over of things.


    Ni takes what is already present and attempts to make it a cohesive structure.


    Ne takes what can be present and draws factors to what exists.


    Or something. I'm getting better at this at least, I think.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    At least in my mind, pissed off means pissed off, angry, etc., while annoyed means lightly... Well, annoyed.
    Your mind is wrong, they mean the same thing. You're welcome for the English lesson.

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Your mind is wrong, they mean the same thing. You're welcome for the English lesson.
    Unless you're really good at English, I refuse. Otherwise, I will use up a lot of your time, especially if you'll give me your contacts and especially if it'd be a live conversation.

  9. #89
    Gone Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    That's what I thought.
    Announcer: "Let the ultimate N battle begin!"

    Me: "I knew that that's what you thought."

    It is now your turn.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

    Schopenhauer

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    Announcer: "Let the ultimate N battle begin!"

    Me: "I knew that that's what you thought."

    It is now your turn.
    Is that the INTP humor?

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] How Do You Think iNto the Future, NFs?
    By Ginkgo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 05:39 AM
  2. [NT] How Do You Think iNto the Future, NTs?
    By Ginkgo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 08:53 AM
  3. [NT] How do you think through this?
    By BlueGray in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 03:51 PM
  4. [ENTJ] ENTJs- how do you think about other types?
    By Tamske in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 03:01 AM
  5. How do you think?
    By rainoneventide in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO