User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Who said that?
    Ti.

You tried to one-up him by saying "more intuitive would be to say". But because you missed a detail, he gave you a comeback. :P

Ok maybe not trying to sound "cleverer", but it was like a "correction".

Anyway I do that all the time. I didn't used to realize it annoyed people. Now I do realize, so I can manage it.

When you realize the same, it will be more ufn, instead of being exasperated by people's reactions, you can be prepared for them and amused by them.
    Once again, you're wrong. It wasn't a correction. It was an update/improvement of what would have been EVEN more intuitive than that. I even distinctly remember my thoughts.

OK!
    Ok.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Ti.
    A healthy type is able to not rely on just one function and does not always act in the same way. Sometimes I will go into a deep Ti explanation if it's worth it. Most of the time, it isn't necessarry or interesting.

Once again, you're wrong. It wasn't a correction. It was an update/improvement of what would have been EVEN more intuitive than that. I even distinctly remember my thoughts.

Ok.
    Correction/update/improvement...same thing.

Now you're the one nitpicking! :p

A healthy type is able to not rely on just one function and does not always act in the same way. Sometimes I will go into a deep Ti explanation if it's worth it. Most of the time, it isn't necessarry or interesting.
    Also a bunch of INTP descriptions.

Correction/update/improvement...same thing.

Now you're the one nitpicking! :p
    So... Repairing a broken bicycle is the same thing as adding a speedometer to it or painting it? In my eyes, those are absolutely different things.

MBTI
    xxTP

Also a bunch of INTP descriptions.

So... Repairing a broken bicycle is the same thing as adding a speedometer to it or painting it? In my eyes, those are absolutely different things.
    If I come up to you as a stranger and 'improve' what you said, without you asking for it, you will probably feel the same as if I 'corrected' you. I was looking at it from that point of view.

/Fe.

PS I still do it...just that now I am prepared for ppl to get annoyed, and so I can choose when this is worth doing.

If I come up to you as a stranger and 'improve' what you said, without you asking for it, you will probably feel the same as if I 'corrected' you. I was looking at it from that point of view.

/Fe.

PS I still do it...just that now I am prepared for ppl to get annoyed, and so I can choose when this is worth doing.
    It's a forum. It's not a live conversation at a bus stop.

MBTI
    xxTP

It's a forum. It's not a live conversation at a bus stop.
    Still applies.

I'm an obnoxious bastard and I butt I and argue where no-one wants me, all the time.

But I'm aware of it, so I don't get exasperated by hostile/argumentative/pedantic reactions.

I'm not talking about right or wrong I'm just saying that's how people are.

Still applies.

I'm an obnoxious bastard and I butt I and argue where no-one wants me, all the time.

But I'm aware of it, so I don't get exasperated by hostile/argumentative/pedantic reactions.

I'm not talking about right or wrong I'm just saying that's how people are.
    I didn't say people aren't that way. What I said was that reaction is and should be different in real life and on a forum. Written stuff is different from said stuff. Reaction is thought out, not instant.

MBTI
    xxTP

I didn't say people aren't that way. What I said was that reaction is and should be different in real life and on a forum. Written stuff is different from said stuff. Reaction is thought out, not instant.
    It is different in form, but the same in its intention.

And: I am not talking about "should", I am talking about "is". It "should" be different in your opinion, but the whole point of MBTI is to understand people's REAL reactions to you, not just to tell everyone how you think they should be!

Then if you choose to care is up to you. I might choose not to care if someone has a negative reaction to me. But neither will I say that they "should" change it. They are how they are, all I can do is understand them in order to improve my own results.

It is different in form, but the same in its intention.

And: I am not talking about "should", I am talking about "is". It "should" be different in your opinion, but the whole point of MBTI is to understand people's REAL reactions to you, not just to tell everyone how you think they should be!

Then if you choose to care is up to you. I might choose not to care if someone has a negative reaction to me. But neither will I say that they "should" change it. They are how they are, all I can do is understand them in order to improve my own results.
    You skipped the "is" in the very same sentence, second word to the right from the word "should."

MBTI
    xxTP

You skipped the "is" in the very same sentence, second word to the right from the word "should."
    ok my mistake!

I don't think it is different. People still want to respond by giving you a "comeback", maybe they are annoyed or maybe just sparring in a friendly way.

the proof is in the fact that you got pissed off by a simple joke. If the reaction had been what you expected/wanted, you would not have got pissed off.

Hence the reason why I gave you my opinion, to help you.