User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Could you explain a bit further?
    My intuition cooks a lot of theories an possibilities, many conflicting, based on really minor unconnected things. In my my everything everyone does is significant. Someone moving my pencil could lead me to beilive their either love or despise me. The firm hand of Ti keeps the fantasy in check.

Ne: maybe...
    Ti: no
    Ne: what if-!
    Ne: it could be...
    Ti:possible but let's observe things a little longer

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    My intuition cooks a lot of theories an possibilities, many conflicting, based on really minor unconnected things. In my my everything everyone does is significant. Someone moving my pencil could lead me to beilive their either love or despise me. The firm hand of Ti keeps the fantasy in check.

Ne: maybe...
    Ne: what if-!
    Ne: it could be...
    Ti:possible but let's observe things a little longer
    Interesting. I can relate only to being able to have many ideas, but I don't tend to believe in such minor things as causes of something... Ti's useful.

MBTI
    xxTP

All in all, I am distinguishing my thoughts and my intuition quite well, and I wonder - what do you go with, intuitives? Do you trust your intuition or do you trust your head (or heart for those who believe that feelings come from the heart, not the head )?

Here's a situation from today:

I have asked someone to give me something. His body said "Hell yea, I'm gonna give it to you!" which generally resulted in my intuition going nuts. However, WHAT he said, meant "Hell no, I don't want to!" which resulted in my logical mind going nuts. I don't know the result yet, in case you're thinking of asking.

But what if it's a choice? If you "feel" that X would be a better choice than Y, but your F/T says that it's not? What do you go with? Assuming you HAVE to make a choice NOW, you can't postpone it and dig more info about it.

By the way, I think this is more applicable to Ni users than Ne, I see Ne more as an idea generator.
    I am very annoying. I don't listen to what people say at all, I just go on iNtuition which can drive them mad. Though I find that this is when I get best results. There are many clues you can from watching someone's appearance and body language, and hearing their tone, timing, style, etc., than from listening to their words.

garbage

Anyone got any specific scenarios? I'd love to see comparisons of thought 'approaches.'

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Anyone got any specific scenarios? I'd love to see comparisons of thought 'approaches.'
    Yea, me too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

You know...
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    There was a Ukrainian festival nearby where I live a while back. Another guy and I were discussing each others' ancestry. Before he found out where I'm from, he asked if I went to the Ukrainian festival the past weekend. I answered, "I'm not Ukrainian"; I was answering another question which I knew he was thinking of: "Are you Ukrainian?"
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    There was a Ukrainian festival nearby where I live a while back. Another guy and I were discussing each others' ancestry. Before he found out where I'm from, he asked if I went to the Ukrainian festival the past weekend. I answered, "I'm not Ukrainian"; I was answering another question which I knew he was thinking of: "Are you Ukrainian?"
    I think he would've asked where you're from, so the even more intuitive path would've been to say "I'm from the US."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Interesting. I can relate only to being able to have many ideas, but I don't tend to believe in such minor things as causes of something... Ti's useful.
    I think it's a result of being very self conscious/calculated in most social settings and falsely assuming every else is equally as deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I think it's a result of being very self conscious/calculated in most social settings and falsely assuming every else is equally as deliberate.
    Do you think that's a bad thing?