User Tag List

First 12345 Last

garbage

Our subconscious just has a way of knowing (or at least hinting at) things that we can't immediately recall or rationally piece together in the moment. We've refined it over time without even realizing it. So, I trust it first and foremost--but I try to reconcile it with any pertinent information I also have available.

But then I do everything I can to ensure that I'm not intuiting complete complete bullshit by asking questions, probing the world, introspecting, etc. Y'know, making sure the ol' compass is actually calibrated correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    You missed the point. You should read the OP before posting.
    @Fluffywolf generalized the question from the OP and transformed it into one that's a hell of a lot more interesting. Kudos to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Our subconscious just has a way of knowing (or at least hinting at) things that we can't immediately recall or rationally piece together in the moment. We've refined it over time without even realizing it. So, I trust it first and foremost--but I try to reconcile it with any pertinent information I also have available.

But then I do everything I can to ensure that I'm not intuiting complete complete bullshit by asking questions, probing the world, introspecting, etc. Y'know, making sure the ol' compass is actually calibrated correctly.

@Fluffywolf generalized the question from the OP and transformed it into one that's a hell of a lot more interesting. Kudos to him.
    That's an interesting point of view.
    @Fluffywolf's answer, I see it as a different subject. And yes, it is an interesting one.

Anew Leaf

I like how the thread is asking people how they think, and then when they post something not related to the ridiculous and biased example in the OP, they are told they did it wrong.

In regards to your OP, my "intuition" tells me you aren't someone who understands other people at all so your assessment that you have read their body language (or maybe even their mind) is highly suspicious in its accuracy... Especially when that person than says "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I like how the thread is asking people how they think, and then when they post something not related to the ridiculous and biased example in the OP, they are told they did it wrong.

In regards to your OP, my "intuition" tells me you aren't someone who understands other people at all so your assessment that you have read their body language (or maybe even their mind) is highly suspicious in its accuracy... Especially when that person than says "No."
    The title is a guide to the details that are in the OP. That's why there is OP, otherwise there would be just a title.

Unfortunately for your nonsensical statement, I was correct about the body language/mind(?).

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

We are all fallible. It is one of the quintessential human qualities we all possess.

The interesting part is how long it takes an individual in their life to realise this.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    The title is a guide to the details that are in the OP. That's why there is OP, otherwise there would be just a title.

Unfortunately for your nonsensical statement, I was correct about the body language/mind(?).
    My quantum box of intuition is either not impressed by your logix or it's thinking about eating an apple.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    My quantum box of intuition is either not impressed by your logix or it's thinking about eating an apple.
    It's probably not a good idea to try and debate someones logic whilest using an illogical statement yourself. Those two states your 'quantum box of intuition' is in, can both be true at the same time, there is no logical arguement to suggest that both those states have a shared origin that could lead to either one of those states. Wrong use of 'or'. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It's probably not a good idea to try and debate someones logic whilest using an illogical statement yourself. Those two states your 'quantum box of intuition' is in, can both be true at the same time, there is no logical arguement to suggest that both those states have a shared origin that could lead to either one of those states. Wrong use of 'or'. :P
    The beauty of my joke seems so horrid when displayed thusly. She works a bit better in a gossamer gown with glitter and ooh a tiara!

I don't get her jokes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think inefficiently.