User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Just cut the manipulative crap and be direct.
    I wouldn't blame the person if they told you to take a hike. I certainly would.
    I don't do that, usually, and I certainly don't enjoy it.

The person isn't direct himself, he doesn't like directness. The only time he's direct is when he's talking behind peoples' backs.

That's why there's the "won't work" part mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Now this is just going to be driving me crazy until I know the context of all this........ I'm abstracting this the best I can into functions until I get a more "zoned-out" picture of what in the world you're talking about :P
    He's an ISFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    I don't do that, usually, and I certainly don't enjoy it.

The person isn't direct himself, he doesn't like directness. The only time he's direct is when he's talking behind peoples' backs.

That's why there's the "won't work" part mentioned.
    No sale.

No sale.
    I'm not trying to sell you anything, I'm merely giving you more detailed info that I hoped would be obvious from the previous post.

In short - don't care.

I'm merely giving you more detailed info that I hoped would be obvious from the previous post.
    Try selling used cars. It may work out for you.
    Good luck.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

He's an ISFJ.
    Oh well that explains everything

(Strangely that does help a tiny bit....)

Try selling used cars. It may work out for you.
    Good luck.
    We don't have the departments like they are depicted in the US. I also don't like asslicking, which, at least in the movies, seems like a necessary thing to do in that industry.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Oh well that explains everything

(Strangely that does help a tiny bit....)
    Well I'm not going to get into the whole story. It's a long story.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

When I try to tackle a tough problem, my thought processes are quite abstract. Very visual and 'idea-based'. I've an easy time discovering patterns and am very capable at assigning values to every connection.

Every thought and idea I ever have is always open for scrutiny. I never assume to be 100% correct. I assume to be as correct as I can be at the moment I have an opinion. I only draw conclusions if the situation requires me to make a descision.

I am a fast thinker, I don't require to mentally think out every part of a process and can often skip many a process that is already known to me.

My level of thinking expands in a raduis, and my mind is always on the borders.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    When I try to tackle a tough problem, my thought processes are quite abstract. Very visual and 'idea-based'. I've an easy time discovering patterns and am very capable at assigning values to every connection.

Every thought and idea I ever have is always open for scrutiny. I never assume to be 100% correct. I assume to be as correct as I can be at the moment I have an opinion. I only draw conclusions if the situation requires me to make a descision.

I am a fast thinker, I don't require to mentally think out every part of a process and can often skip many a process that is already known to me.

My level of thinking expands in a raduis, and my mind is always on the borders.
    You missed the point. You should read the OP before posting.

Was a relatively interesting read though.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You missed the point. You should read the OP before posting.

Was a relatively interesting read though.
    My post still stands, I don't relate to the 'issue' addressed in the OP. I don't experience the dichotomy of having two contradicting opinions or feelings.

I would never be able to feel one way and say something else. I'm utterly incapable of lying when there is emotional weight involved. Perfectly capable of lying about things that don't interest me whatsoever though, but that is besides the point. :P

I suppose a more MBTI accurate way of tackling this from my point of view is that if such a dichotomy exists, than in my case there is one that is always dominant and completely overshadows the other. Making it essentially a non-issue for me.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It depends. I'm not a robot or cut and dry.

There may be specifics to your situation. I wasn't there. I may read something wrong...I know something is "off", and I tend to believe it is "me", whereas in actuality...something else could be bothering a person...but i'm wondering about the interaction...imagining feelings the person has, planning dozens of conversations and imagining the feelings associated with those.

Yet, many times I'm right, and I understand the big picture, and all the general feelings a person is having...better than they understand themselves.

Yet, that doesn't always mean I'm some saintly person or a brilliant manipulator. My anxieties and insecurities about what a person may or may not be thinking about me can be a hindrance, and sometimes I'm manipulative. I can drive myself crazy.

Yet sometimes my level of penetration and insight (or ability to listen or mentor) can be an asset.

Outside of people, I used lots of observational skills. I'm biologist, and I'm generally very sensitive in the realm of fish empathy. I can guess a disease by pattern of swimming.

At one time, I had trouble with fish survival, so I was out there in sitting in a pond with a flash light in the middle of the night looking for tiny fish babies, crying...literally. So eventually I see one. I don't know why they are dying. So one swims into the flash light beam.

So I say, "Oh, a survivor. I will call him Scooter, and i'm just going to follow him around to see if he lives." So I watched the babies at night...seeing if bugs ate them or what was happening...and all that strikes me as very sensing.

But at the same time I'm absorbed by what will different people think about the survival and the numbers and my future and my interactions. I'm thinking about how to relate the story to other people, probably even planning how to write it, and thinking about how they will feel in the short term and long term.