User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Any other teens feel this way?

So this guy’s saying that females that get raped are ignorant attention whores. I feel like I’m about to cry knowing that people like this exist. Other people keep going on about how they're special and different from everyone else. I hate being a teenager. Everyone either has a fucked up sense of individuality or a messed up moral compass or both. I'm talking about teenagers living in my town, not exactly "everyone." Anyone else feel this way?

You are focusing on few specific facts and making a judgement for "everyone."

I understand you're 14, but c'mon... That's what ESFJ I know does, and that ESFJ is pretty messed up.

Lol no, it's not just one person. Things like this are said all the time in my town. I should have clarified. I don't mean everyone, I mean every teenager where I live. Like literally, everyone. Plus I was pissed off while typing this.

@ "pissed off."

Literally everyone - do you know everyone in person to a great extend? No? You're wrong then.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    So this guy’s saying that females that get raped are ignorant attention whores. I feel like I’m about to cry knowing that people like this exist. Other people keep going on about how they're special and different from everyone else. I hate being a teenager. Everyone either has a fucked up sense of individuality or a messed up moral compass or both. I'm talking about teenagers living in my town, not exactly "everyone." Anyone else feel this way?
    I'm not a teenager but I know that people say dumb things in their teens. Hopefully they'll grow out of it, the way things are going perhaps when they reach their sixties or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm not a teenager but I know that people say dumb things in their teens. Hopefully they'll grow out of it, the way things are going perhaps when they reach their sixties or later.
    All the time... It's frustrating. I seriously hope so. Haha it seems like that most of the time.

Honestly, am I the only who feels this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    @ "pissed off."

Literally everyone - do you know everyone in person to a great extend? No? You're wrong then.
    Thank you? I live in a small town. I know every teenager in my city because of that. It seems like most of my peers seem to say something special snowflake-esque or problematic. Don't judge before you know the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Thank you? I live in a small town. I know every teenager in my city because of that. It seems like most of my peers seem to say something special snowflake-esque or problematic. Don't judge before you know the facts.
    If I'd judged you, I would've used dots instead of question marks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I am not a teenager, but I am the parent of four teenagers and hear them complain about how messed up some of their peers are. My oldest daughter is 19 and a university student and she is frequently disgusted by the misogyny of the guys in her social group.

I don't know where you are, but in the US, the attitudes you describe are not limited to teenagers: political candidates cannot seem to keep from saying ridiculous things about rape this election season. Western culture generally elevates the individual, which is frequently played upon by people marketing stuff, from sellers of beer to self-help gurus. It's really no surprise so many of us believe we are special little snowflakes.

I won't say people get better as they get older. Some do. Some don't. However, when you get older, you get more control over the people you spend your free time with. That can be an improvement.

Edit: FWW, IMO, small towns blow.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers