User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 118

  1. #1
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Any other teens feel this way?

    So this guy’s saying that females that get raped are ignorant attention whores. I feel like I’m about to cry knowing that people like this exist. Other people keep going on about how they're special and different from everyone else. I hate being a teenager. Everyone either has a fucked up sense of individuality or a messed up moral compass or both. I'm talking about teenagers living in my town, not exactly "everyone." Anyone else feel this way?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    You are focusing on few specific facts and making a judgement for "everyone."

    I understand you're 14, but c'mon... That's what ESFJ I know does, and that ESFJ is pretty messed up.

  3. #3
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Lol no, it's not just one person. Things like this are said all the time in my town. I should have clarified. I don't mean everyone, I mean every teenager where I live. Like literally, everyone. Plus I was pissed off while typing this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    @ "pissed off."

    Literally everyone - do you know everyone in person to a great extend? No? You're wrong then.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    So this guy’s saying that females that get raped are ignorant attention whores. I feel like I’m about to cry knowing that people like this exist. Other people keep going on about how they're special and different from everyone else. I hate being a teenager. Everyone either has a fucked up sense of individuality or a messed up moral compass or both. I'm talking about teenagers living in my town, not exactly "everyone." Anyone else feel this way?
    I'm not a teenager but I know that people say dumb things in their teens. Hopefully they'll grow out of it, the way things are going perhaps when they reach their sixties or later.

  6. #6
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm not a teenager but I know that people say dumb things in their teens. Hopefully they'll grow out of it, the way things are going perhaps when they reach their sixties or later.
    All the time... It's frustrating. I seriously hope so. Haha it seems like that most of the time.

  7. #7
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Honestly, am I the only who feels this way?

  8. #8
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    @ "pissed off."

    Literally everyone - do you know everyone in person to a great extend? No? You're wrong then.
    Thank you? I live in a small town. I know every teenager in my city because of that. It seems like most of my peers seem to say something special snowflake-esque or problematic. Don't judge before you know the facts.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Thank you? I live in a small town. I know every teenager in my city because of that. It seems like most of my peers seem to say something special snowflake-esque or problematic. Don't judge before you know the facts.
    If I'd judged you, I would've used dots instead of question marks.

  10. #10
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    I am not a teenager, but I am the parent of four teenagers and hear them complain about how messed up some of their peers are. My oldest daughter is 19 and a university student and she is frequently disgusted by the misogyny of the guys in her social group.

    I don't know where you are, but in the US, the attitudes you describe are not limited to teenagers: political candidates cannot seem to keep from saying ridiculous things about rape this election season. Western culture generally elevates the individual, which is frequently played upon by people marketing stuff, from sellers of beer to self-help gurus. It's really no surprise so many of us believe we are special little snowflakes.

    I won't say people get better as they get older. Some do. Some don't. However, when you get older, you get more control over the people you spend your free time with. That can be an improvement.

    Edit: FWW, IMO, small towns blow.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Similar Threads

  1. Are any other men on this site afraid of kids?
    By The Great One in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 01:45 PM
  2. [E5] Do any other 5s do this?
    By acronach in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 03:25 AM
  3. [INTP] Does anyone feel this way? how do you cope with it?
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 04:37 AM
  4. [SP] Any other SPs like this game lol
    By Rainne in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 09:04 PM
  5. Can Someone Help Me Understand Why The President of Mexico Feels This Way?
    By Thalassa in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO