User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 118

  1. #81
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Asking an INTP what his opinions were when they were teens is like asking them to write a 1000 page essay. Let's just say I was very opinionated and my opinions weren't always right or wise, but that doesn't matter since people were not aware of those opinions anyway.

    Likable is such a loaded word. I've grown more tolerant towards people and more respectful of their opinions and beliefs, whatever my stance on it. And peoples opinions and beliefs also grow and expand as they grow older. So you won't see as much of the kneejerk weak reactions such as the one described. Ofcourse there will be plenty of people with opinions that rub you the wrong way, but at least it's clear they've since put more thought into constructing theirs. Minus a few exceptions here and there. I had no ambition to influence people, and in a sense that is still true. But I do enjoy making suggestions. Wether or not the other person wants to pick up on those suggestions or not is their descision and not something you'll find me mulling over.
    LOL I see.

    That sounds really great, definitely looking forward to that. How is life like an adult at first?

  2. #82
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    LOL I see.

    That sounds really great, definitely looking forward to that. How is life like an adult at first?
    It's been good to me. But then, I've always been an independant entrepeneur-like person that values personal freedom (It may seem like a contradiction, the entrepeneur part. But it works for me). And personal freedom is something that is more easily come by as an adult, as long as you know how to effeciently meet your needs. As a result, I've really been able to expand myself and broaden my horizons ever since I aquired adult status. And it is still broadening.

    Some find happiness in little things (me, P's). Others find it in the process of striving towards bigger things, and as a result often succeed in aquiring those things. (you, J's).

    The least happy people tend the people that only find happiness in aquiring bigger things, and often fail because they find no happiness in the process that is required to aquire those things. It is better to travel well than to arrive after all.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  3. #83
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    How is life like an adult at first?
    It was only at 22 years of age that my physical brain was fully grown.

  4. #84
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It was only at 22 years of age that my physical brain was fully grown.
    I assume the person you are now and the person you were then are quite different. So what does physical maturity actually say about the 'antics of adulthood' such as wisdom and personality? Very little I imagine.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  5. #85
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It's been good to me. But then, I've always been an independant entrepeneur-like person that values personal freedom (It may seem like a contradiction, the entrepeneur part. But it works for me). And personal freedom is something that is more easily come by as an adult, as long as you know how to effeciently meet your needs. As a result, I've really been able to expand myself and broaden my horizons ever since I aquired adult status. And it is still broadening.

    Some find happiness in little things (me, P's). Others find it in the process of striving towards bigger things, and as a result often succeed in aquiring those things. (you, J's).

    The least happy people tend the people that only find happiness in aquiring bigger things, and often fail because they find no happiness in the process that is required to aquire those things. It is better to travel well than to arrive after all.
    I was thinking of becoming an entrepreneur when I get older. That's amazing.

    That's true.

    I am trying to learn how to enjoy life a bit more. Most of the time, I think I'm very focused on my goals and achieving them rather than dedicating myself to actually taking things as they come and making the most of it for the sake of happiness. But I do genuinely love having a sense of accomplishment.

  6. #86
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I was thinking of becoming an entrepreneur when I get older. That's amazing.

    That's true.

    I am trying to learn how to enjoy life a bit more. Most of the time, I think I'm very focused on my goals and achieving them rather than dedicating myself to actually taking things as they come and making the most of it for the sake of happiness. But I do genuinely love having a sense of accomplishment.
    Having a good sense of accomplisment is a good thing, although I think everyone has it, I know I could probably do with a bit more of that myself sometimes. It is after all the reward for all the time put into it. Just be sure to value the work put into it and not just the goals that were accomplished.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  7. #87
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I assume the person you are now and the person you were then are quite different. So what does physical maturity actually say about the 'antics of adulthood' such as wisdom and personality? Very little I imagine.
    Our society provides us with images of the empty shell, such as the radio personality, or the movie star, or the empty shell of empty shells : the celebrity - famous for being famous.

    I've always had an inner self. I've always been able to enjoy long deep trances and look into the souls of others.

    Of course I have been advised by employers, girlfriends, friends and even enemies to mimic the empty shells I see around me. And I have developed a patina that helps me knock around with other empty shells.

    And of course mbti is the empty shell of personality, based on pseudo scientific jargon.

  8. #88
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Having a good sense of accomplisment is a good thing, although I think everyone has it, I know I could probably do with a bit more of that myself sometimes. It is after all the reward for all the time put into it. Just be sure to value the work put into it and not just the goals that were accomplished.
    Hmm what do you mean?

  9. #89
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Our society provides us with images of the empty shell, such as the radio personality, or the movie star, or the empty shell of empty shells : the celebrity - famous for being famous.

    I've always had an inner self. I've always been able to enjoy long deep trances and look into the souls of others.

    Of course I have been advised by employers, girlfriends, friends and even enemies to mimic the empty shells I see around me. And I have developed a patina that helps me knock around with other empty shells.

    And of course mbti is the empty shell of personality, based on pseudo scientific jargon.
    Wether you allow yourself to be influenced by the media or strengthen yourself to withstand its pressure. You can not deny your person has been a fluid entity over the years. As such, all those empty shells you have encountered have in one way or another contributed to the person you are today. Your inner self of 22 years of age or your inner self now may seem similar, but I seriously doubt much is actually the same.

    At least that is what I see in myself. My opinions, the way I process my thoughts, in a sense much as not changed over the last 10 years. But if I try to compare myself to who I was 10 years ago, or even a year ago, there is a lot of difference to be found. A river is still a river a mile down the stream. But the dimensions are ever changing, the current changes, the river bends and not one particle is still in the same order as they were a mile ago. It's a bit of a robust comparison, but the personality of a person, the essence of who you are, works in a similar way.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  10. #90
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Hmm what do you mean?
    Small example.

    Suppose you have an important but tough test in school. You study hard to make sure you do well on it and as it turns out you ace the test. You will have a sense of accomplishment. You will look at that ace with pride and experience quite a lot of happiness for your achievement.

    Now suppose you have another test, but this one is easy. You don't really have to do anything for it, the subject comes natural to you. You don't study and ace it anyway. You will probably still be able to find pride in having that ace which is normal ofcourse. But you probably won't experience the same level of accomplishment on this test as you had with the other. Your friends might think you're smart and awesome, but you know that truthfully, it really wasn't all that special for you. You probably end up shrugging it off.

    So back to my point: It is not the achieved goal that drives your sense of accomplishement. It is the work you put into it that makes it special. So love the work, not (just) the goal.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. Are any other men on this site afraid of kids?
    By The Great One in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 01:45 PM
  2. [E5] Do any other 5s do this?
    By acronach in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 03:25 AM
  3. [INTP] Does anyone feel this way? how do you cope with it?
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 04:37 AM
  4. [SP] Any other SPs like this game lol
    By Rainne in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 09:04 PM
  5. Can Someone Help Me Understand Why The President of Mexico Feels This Way?
    By Thalassa in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO