User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    So this guy’s saying that females that get raped are ignorant attention whores.
    That type of thinking is idiotic.
    Edit: Btw, I'm far from being a teen.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Also, people often say things they don't mean (or don't understand), especially as teens but also many a mature person. Because they fear or misunderstand the concept and completely fail to properly rationalize it or put it in proper words.

By saying a girl that got raped deserved it for being an attention whore, that person is able to completely shell off from having to feel empathy and negative emotions for the victim and not having to feel bad about the situation, they can 'cope' better themselves.

It's basicly a sign of mental weakness. But consider this, if they really can not handle all the negative influx from what happens around them in the world, because it depresses them and causes them to basicly fail as human beings by avoiding those pitfalls alltogether with bad rationalization. Would you still be angry at them, or would you pity them?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That type of thinking is idiotic.
    Edit: Btw, I'm far from being a teen.
    How many years to go still? Six, seven?

^ Wise guy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

@Aleda : On a side note. Things don't just get better as you grow up. You have the responsibility as a smart intellectual teen to make sure you make the future better.

We're counting on you, DO NOT FAIL US!

*pushes down on shoulders to imitate the feeling of being heavily burdened*

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Also, people often say things they don't mean (or don't understand), especially as teens but also many a mature person. Because they fear or misunderstand the concept and completely fail to properly rationalize it or put it in proper words.

By saying a girl that got raped deserved it for being an attention whore, that person is able to completely shell off from having to feel empathy and negative emotions for the victim and not having to feel bad about the situation, they can 'cope' better themselves.

It's basicly a sign of mental weakness. But consider this, if they really can not handle all the negative influx from what happens around them in the world, because it depresses them and causes them to basicly fail as human beings by avoiding those pitfalls alltogether with bad rationalization. Would you still be angry at them, or would you pity them?
    That makes sense. I'd still be angry at them though I would feel a small amount of pity too.

@Aleda : On a side note. Things don't just get better as you grow up. You have the responsibility as a smart intellectual teen to make sure you make the future better.

We're counting on you, DO NOT FAIL US!

*pushes down on shoulders to imitate the feeling of being heavily burdened*

Thank you and I see, I'm planning too. How was your adolescence like? How did you deal with these type of people? LOL.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Thank you and I see, I'm planning too. How was your adolescence like? How did you deal with these type of people? LOL.
    As an INTP E9, I was apathetic and regularly held my opinions to myself. I had no ambitions to change or influence people around me and only concerned myself with, well, myself. My teen years were quite the bliss. *nostalgic*

In a shell was I, but broken from it now I am.

As an INTP E9, I was apathetic and regularly held my opinions to myself. I had no ambitions to change or influence people around me and only concerned myself with, well, myself. My teen years were quite the bliss. *nostalgic*

In a shell was I, but broken from it now I am.
    Ah, I see. I'm apathetic towards people most of the time although occasionally, I get angry. What were your opinions? That's good to hear. Are people more likable as adults?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ah, I see. I'm apathetic towards people most of the time although occasionally, I get angry. What were your opinions? That's good to hear. Are people more likable as adults?
    Asking an INTP what his opinions were when they were teens is like asking them to write a 1000 page essay. Let's just say I was very opinionated and my opinions weren't always right or wise, but that doesn't matter since people were not aware of those opinions anyway.

Likable is such a loaded word. I've grown more tolerant towards people and more respectful of their opinions and beliefs, whatever my stance on it. And peoples opinions and beliefs also grow and expand as they grow older. So you won't see as much of the kneejerk weak reactions such as the one described. Ofcourse there will be plenty of people with opinions that rub you the wrong way, but at least it's clear they've since put more thought into constructing theirs. Minus a few exceptions here and there. I had no ambition to influence people, and in a sense that is still true. But I do enjoy making suggestions. Wether or not the other person wants to pick up on those suggestions or not is their descision and not something you'll find me mulling over.