User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Small example.

Suppose you have an important but tough test in school. You study hard to make sure you do well on it and as it turns out you ace the test. You will have a sense of accomplishment. You will look at that ace with pride and experience quite a lot of happiness for your achievement.

Now suppose you have another test, but this one is easy. You don't really have to do anything for it, the subject comes natural to you. You don't study and ace it anyway. You will probably still be able to find pride in having that ace which is normal ofcourse. But you probably won't experience the same level of accomplishment on this test as you had with the other. Your friends might think you're smart and awesome, but you know that truthfully, it really wasn't all that special for you. You probably end up shrugging it off.

So back to my point: It is not the achieved goal that drives your sense of accomplishement. It is the work you put into it that makes it special. So love the work, not (just) the goal.
    Ah I see, I understand that. How do you choose your goals?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Ah I see, I understand that. How do you choose your goals?
    Me? Very carefully. My goals are often tied to whatever is most effecient. My goals have always been quite minimal, but never too little. As such goals require great precision however, they've not always been very easy to achieve with the means I had allowed myself.
    I accept the way I am, but I sometimes wonder how much grief I could have spared myself if I just tried to be a little bit more 'inefficient' by aiming a little bit higher, as to allow for a buffer of sorts. Just in case catastrophy strikes (which as it turned out, regularly did).
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Me? Very carefully. My goals are often tied to whatever is most effecient. My goals have always been quite minimal, but never too little. As such goals require great precision however, they've not always been very easy to achieve with the means I had allowed myself.
    I accept the way I am, but I sometimes wonder how much grief I could have spared myself if I just tried to be a little bit more 'inefficient' by aiming a little bit higher, as to allow for a buffer of sorts. Just in case catastrophy strikes (which as it turned out, regularly did).
    What's your definition of an efficient goal? I see. I find this really interesting. Hope my curiosity isn't annoying haha.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

What's your definition of an efficient goal? I see. Lol I find this interesting.
    Aquiring the minimum of what I am required to do, or need to achieve, by spending as little time as possible on achieving that goal. Leaving me with as much free time as possible to focus on more 'important(subjective)' things.

Happy to be of interest. :P

Aquiring the minimum of what I am required to do, or need to achieve, by spending as little time as possible on achieving that goal. Leaving me with as much free time as possible to focus on more 'important(subjective)' things.

Happy to be of interest. :P
    Ah I see. What are those important/subjective things? Thanks

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ah I see. What are those important/subjective things? Thanks
    I'll get back to you on that when I've figured out how to put that into actual words. The best answer I can come up with right now:

Being INTP. It's not quite idling, it's not quite procrastinating, it's not quite day-dreaming. Although it may seem like all of those three things to any onlookers.
    It is something of actual substantial importance, but the dictionary simply has no word for what it is that we INTP's do. Allowing thoughts to roam free and brithing ideas in any way, shape or form. The only constant in this process is that it requires time, every other aspect is variable.

I'll get back to you on that when I've figured out how to put that into actual words. The best answer I can come up with right now:

Being INTP. It's not quite idling, it's not quite procrastinating, it's not quite day-dreaming. Although it may seem like all of those three things to any onlookers.
    It is something of actual substantial importance, but the dictionary simply has no word for what it is that we INTP's do. Allowing thoughts to roam free and brithing ideas in any way, shape or form. The only constant in this process is that it requires time, every other aspect is variable.
    That's very, very interesting. What do you mean?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

That's very, very interesting. What do you mean?
    Although I would love to try and rationalize this typical INTP behaviour. It really does not require rationalization. Nothing needs to be achieved or aquired by doing so and no goals need to be set. It is simply expanding ones mind for the sake of expansion. Nothing more, nothing less. And ask any INTP, we loves it!

Although I would love to try and rationalize this typical INTP behaviour. It really does not require rationalization. Nothing needs to be achieved or aquired by doing so and no goals need to be set. It is simply expanding ones mind for the sake of expansion. Nothing more, nothing less. And ask any INTP, we loves it!
    So knowledge for the sake of knowledge?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

So knowledge for the sake of knowledge?
    Yup, seems simple enough. But it's 'the' way of life for an INTP.