User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Type torture

INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by meshou View Post
    Me in a room with an ISTJ. For some reason, ESFJs and ESTJs can ignore me, but I drive ISTJs fucking nuts.

Why? I'm smart. They're smart. But I drive them nuts with how "out of it" I seem to be, and how undriven I am to actually apply it. Also, I'm pretty much oblivious to subtle barbs, and probably won't recognize them as an authority on much of anything, so on top of being an incomprehensible ditz, I'm an incomprehensible ditz who ignores them.
    This is similar to how my daughter's ESFP friend drives me nuts. I know she's very intelligent. She really truly is. But she is so NORMAL and she doesn't actually use her brains very much for anything outside of schoolwork. Most of the smart people I know are geeks so it totally throws me off. I like her but some of the things she says and does . . .

She had been planning on running her own daycare as a career, but last weekend she told me that she was thinking of becoming a pediatrician. I really encouraged her because I know she has the brain and work ethic to do it and she will make a fantastic pediatrician.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Nice, Maverick! Your examples were pretty hilarious, especially the I ones because those would drive me insane!

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by J1129 View Post
    Nice, Maverick! Your examples were pretty hilarious, especially the I ones because those would drive me insane!

Here are a couple more:

- Get 5 SP's to play and talk together for 3 hours in a room and form a fun group. Then, put something in their mouths to stop them talking and bring an ENTJ in the room to talk about a plan made involving the SP's. Make sure the ENTJ assigns precise roles to each SP, with step by step directives concerning what they need to do.

- Secretly inject an INTJ in a group of ESFP's out partying, with the specific instructions: 1) Everytime you hear "Like?", "You know?", "I mean?" say "Your attempts at succesful verbal communication may be enhanced by omitting these unuseful comments", 2) When they talk about one of their experiences, say "And, sorry if I missed the beginning of the conversation, but to illustrate what theory were you explaining this anecdote?".

- Messing up an SP's iPod and injecting an experimental jazz tune with the following lyrics in a loop "Purposeful rationality supersedes the temporary satisfaction of obeying random impulses. I. Am. A. Robot. You. Are. A. Robot."