123 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Default Faustian Bargain

You wake up and have no idea where you are. Your head is hurting and you can't remember anything and you suspect you might be hungover. You find a letter nailed to the door of your room that appears to be a signed contract written in human blood. In your cell phone you find photos of yourself holding an ancient tome apparently reading with a dark portal opening behind you. You check your messages and your voicemail has a message from your friend asking if you're ok. You find out that apparently last night you summoned the devil and sold your soul in exchange for a single wish. What did you wish for?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

An infinite number of wishes.

WALMART

^^ forever clever

I wished for two souls. The other will be sold at a later date at no expense to me.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    An infinite number of wishes.
    Satan banishes you to hell for your moxie

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    ^^ forever clever

I wished for two souls. The other will be sold at a later date at no expense to me.
    Satan does not have the power to give you multiple souls because only God can give the breath of life. Try again
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Consideration for the Devil

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    You wake up and have no idea where you are. Your head is hurting and you can't remember anything and you suspect you might be hungover. You find a letter nailed to the door of your room that appears to be a signed contract written in human blood. In your cell phone you find photos of yourself holding an ancient tome apparently reading with a dark portal opening behind you. You check your messages and your voicemail has a message from your friend asking if you're ok. You find out that apparently last night you summoned the devil and sold your soul in exchange for a single wish. What did you wish for?
    C'mon, if I refuse to make the wish, the Contract is invalid. The Contract is invalid because there is no Consideration.

No Court in the Land will enforce a Contract where there is no Consideration.

Ginkgo

I wished for a friend who would care if I was okay.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    C'mon, if I refuse to make the wish, the Contract is invalid. The Contract is invalid because there is no Consideration.

No Court in the Land will enforce a Contract where there is no Consideration.
    Wish granted. Contracts can now be enforced without consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I wished for a friend who would care if I was okay.
    Satan replies, "Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer. " He gives you this gift in exchange for your soul:

WALMART

Satan banishes you to hell for your moxie

Satan does not have the power to give you multiple souls because only God can give the breath of life. Try again

Satan has plenty of souls down there to give me.

MBTI
    INFJ

Just my own department in a little corner of hell where I'll be the official torment manager, and 10% of the grumpy people, 10% of the narcissists, and ALL of the INFJ haters get sent directly to me for their due treatment.

I'd fill the position directly and immediately.

Wish granted. Contracts can now be enforced without consideration.
    This means that all Contracts are completely one sided.

So a Devil's Contract is the kind of Contract we have when we are not having a Contract.