FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh, that's painful to even look at.

I love it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

sometime soon, i'm going to get a tattoo of an arabic phrase on my right shoulder blade. the phrase is "ishk allah mahbud allah" (god is love, lover, and beloved). the reason i'm putting it on my shoulder blade is that my brother (who passed away two years ago), when an infant, had a heart surgery and they went through his shoulder to get to his heart. it's an unlikely passageway to the heart, and i like the idea of putting this phrase i love so well there.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    sometime soon, i'm going to get a tattoo of an arabic phrase on my right shoulder blade. the phrase is "ishk allah mahbud allah" (god is love, lover, and beloved). the reason i'm putting it on my shoulder blade is that my brother (who passed away two years ago), when an infant, had a heart surgery and they went through his shoulder to get to his heart. it's an unlikely passageway to the heart, and i like the idea of putting this phrase i love so well there.
    Sorry about your loss - this sounds like a neat way to honor and remember him.

Modern tattoos don't degrade like the old ones. It's the placement of ink.

The best reason to not get a tattoo is not what it will look like when you're old (hey, guess what...), but that EVERYONE HAS ONE.

MBTI
    INXP
    Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    type

I know a cosmetic tattooist. She had been a database programmer.

Several of us approached her about getting the "third eye in the forehead" tattoos done. Considering that part of our job as techs was to read the minds of users, it seemed appropriate.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post
    Modern tattoos don't degrade like the old ones. It's the placement of ink.
    This is totally false. They sell it, but I'm not buying it. There's no way that you can place ink under skin that is full of fat and have it not move around. Then again, I hear you can still read the numbers on many of the handful of remaining concentration camp survivors...

The best reason to not get a tattoo is not what it will look like when you're old (hey, guess what...), but that EVERYONE HAS ONE.
    Another great one. Be a rebel.

Required MBTI comment: Tattoos are so S.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    This is totally false. They sell it, but I'm not buying it. There's no way that you can place ink under skin that is full of fat and have it not move around.
    You could try not to be fat.

Or you could accept that maybe people who do the things and do research on them know a little more than you do.
    Let's do this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    This is totally false. They sell it, but I'm not buying it. There's no way that you can place ink under skin that is full of fat and have it not move around. Then again, I hear you can still read the numbers on many of the handful of remaining concentration camp survivors...
    It's not totally false, but you have managed to convince me you don't know what you're talking about. NO ONE gets their tattoos touched up yearly. Do you even know anyone with any amount of tattoos? If so, go look for yourself.

Another great one. Be a rebel.

Required MBTI comment: Tattoos are so S.
    It's true. If you 'liked the art' you'd hang it on your fucking wall. Tattoos are about attention, and feeling like you're a part of something - just like anything else, but even moreso because tattoos in and of themselves aren't fun or enjoyable like an ATV or music album.

Getting a tattoo used to be an initiation into a 'club'.

Now, since everyone's got one, full-sleeves are the 'true' cred.

In some circles, now even full-sleeves are for poseurs... real cred comes from neck or face tattoos... as it should, because people still react to them like they used to normal tattoos, and the reaction they receive is the whole point of getting them.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by meshou View Post
    You could try not to be fat.

Or you could accept that maybe people who do the things and do research on them know a little more than you do.
    I probably know just a little bit more about the human body than you do, your ignorance is showing like a 50-million-candlepower spotlamp in a cave.

There have been no real advances aside from metal needles and antiseptics since humanity invented tattooing thousands of years ago.

The industry has a vested interest in keeping people ignorant.