User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Thread: Tattoos

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Nice looking fish
    Thank you much I can't wait to get it filled in, or shaded as it were.
    I may burst into random song or sit quietly and read. I may argue about something I know nothing about, or help those in need. I don't know everything about the world, but I know me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    GONE

:Mod Note:

Just merged this thread with other similar ones. I think this this is the umbrella thread to ask people for feedback on tattoos and to talk shop.

Pandar - let us know when and how you fill in the Koi!

I've been towing with the idea of getting 1 or 2 full shoulder sleeves with the atr continuing down my back. I see friends with tattoos in original places and I think - hmmm, I wanna do that too. And unless you routinely run around naked with your friends it's not like people will think you are copying one another. In fact, when I see heavily tattooed friends, they all just look tattooed, not like someone copied one antoher.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
    Thank you much I can't wait to get it filled in, or shaded as it were.
    Are you going for a "full-scale" shading?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFJ

The shading is mostly undecided at this point. I always go with artist recommendations so how my koi will be shaded exactly will be discussed just prior to or the day of the shading. My artist is currently at some conventions and I will probably not be able to get any shading done til closer to my birthday; being that I have some of my own trips to save for.
    I may burst into random song or sit quietly and read. I may argue about something I know nothing about, or help those in need. I don't know everything about the world, but I know me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNTP
    Socionics
    IEI

Multicell's thoughts on tattoos:
    • If the idea of a minimal amount of pain is your only deterrent from permanently marking up your body you probably shouldn't be getting one.
    • Historically tattoos have been used to mark those who are in some kind of life long affiliation (ex. gangs, tribal villages, ect) that might kill those who desert them, keep that in mind before having a partners name stamped on your ass.
    • Tattoos placed over fatty parts of your body may distort due to adipose tissue moving as you age causing portraits to get all picassoish.yum.
    • Some tattoos need maintenance and if you let some of them fade out all you'll have left is the shade of shame.

I love tattoos, but some people need to get their 'body art" privileges revoked. That one basket ball player from the Miami Heat team always gets on my nerves because all of his seem so stupid to me, like the glasses on his back ....not to mention their placement looks like a poorly composed picture.
    yours truly

MBTI
    eNTP
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
    The shading is mostly undecided at this point. I always go with artist recommendations so how my koi will be shaded exactly will be discussed just prior to or the day of the shading. My artist is currently at some conventions and I will probably not be able to get any shading done til closer to my birthday; being that I have some of my own trips to save for.
    It's too bad you'll have to wait so long, but going with the artist recommendation usually leads to a whole lot of goodness so I'm sure it'll turn out well. Maybe you can persuade someone to help you pay for the shading as a birthday gift.
    yours truly

MBTI
    sfsf
    Enneagram
    dfds
    Socionics
    esdf

Well its amazing fact. I am crazy for the tattoo. Its really very paining and trendy craze. I love to have tattoo on my arms and waist. Also it looks very cool if it is craved on pinach.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'm pining for a new tat *pines*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I dont have any but my BF does. he has two fleur de lis on the inside of his biceps
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I got my super nerd tattoos! I was really happy about these and they came out well. I have this weird thing where I fall asleep or my mind is put at ease by white noise: vacuum cleaners, static, etc. So, the buzzing of the tattoo needle was completely putting me to sleep, so while tattoos on the ribs are supposed to hurt, I didn't think it was too bad and I was really relaxed.

General Relativity:

And Schrodinger's wave equation: