User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Thread: Tattoos

MBTI
    INFJ

Well I uploaded a pic for my profile photo. -le sigh- Anyhow I like tattoo's that have a purpose and/or are artistically beautiful. Don't get something stupid or silly cause you will regret it. Same with the name of a lover or even spouse. I know the first tattoo my brother in law had done was the infant portrait of his son (hence my nephew) who passed away at five weeks old. It is VERY well done. My friend is going to get a breast cancer ribbon of some kind in honor and memory of various people in her life.

I just love art.
    I may burst into random song or sit quietly and read. I may argue about something I know nothing about, or help those in need. I don't know everything about the world, but I know me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my ex husband-ISTP-is a tattoo artist. A few suggestions-if you are getting a larger, complex piece take the time to carefully look over the artists work. Most cant actually draw, thus an really screw up the artwork.

Have the patience to stop by and show them the piece in advance-listen to their comments. Have the patience to find a good artist and make an appointment-weeks in advance if need be. It is easy to get in to a crappy artist quickly-better artists will be booked out awhile. If it is something big-expect to pay for what it is worth.

(No I dont have any tattoos. He told me I was too ADHD and said he would just buy me a pack of washable markers instead. He may have had a point )

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    If I were to get a tattoo, I'd like for it to be a full spinal tattoo. I'm not quite sure of what exactly, but it possible, I'd love for it to be beautiful, or classy (if that's possible).

There's the only design I found that I liked:

Either that or I could always get Joe Jonas' face tattooed to my boob.
    I looked and said to myself "Damn, why didn't I think of that?" The musical notes are gorgeous and actually perfect if you do not plan on filling up your back. Thus perfect as your only tattoo (or rather a series of little ones). My only concern would be the pain for you. Although each person has their own pain tolerance or certain parts of their body are more sensitive there seems to be a general consensus that places where there is little 'cushion' from the bone are the more painful areas.

As I realized with my own vertebrae and ribs. Oh lawl. That was rather painful... Anyhow I think the choice is splendid and maybe you can do them in sections. Like the top one third for this event the next for another. Just an idea
    I may burst into random song or sit quietly and read. I may argue about something I know nothing about, or help those in need. I don't know everything about the world, but I know me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
    Well I uploaded a pic for my profile photo. -le sigh-
    Nice looking fish
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I have an appointment on May 1st to get my first set, on me ribs. I'm pretty excited but am curious about the pains. Ribs are supposed to hurt a bit. That, and I tend to fidget. I might need a xanax or something.
    Xanax, Vodka, Ibuprofen, and don't forget to ask the guy if you can rub the area down with Campho-Phenique, or some other Lidocaine/Benzocaine numbing agent. Better living through chemistry.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

If I were to get a tattoo it'd be tribal style. I like those designs a lot.

I would totally get multiple astronomy-related stuff inked on me too. I would put this on my back:

- Arecibo Message

This on my left forearm:

- Drake Equation.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I looked and said to myself "Damn, why didn't I think of that?" The musical notes are gorgeous and actually perfect if you do not plan on filling up your back. Thus perfect as your only tattoo (or rather a series of little ones). My only concern would be the pain for you. Although each person has their own pain tolerance or certain parts of their body are more sensitive there seems to be a general consensus that places where there is little 'cushion' from the bone are the more painful areas.

As I realized with my own vertebrae and ribs. Oh lawl. That was rather painful... Anyhow I think the choice is splendid and maybe you can do them in sections. Like the top one third for this event the next for another. Just an idea
    Oh trust me, I've realized all this . The pain would be the only reason really stopping me from going ahead and doing it. It would be the only tattoo I ever plan on getting though. I'm also a bit afraid to do it, simply because I have scoliosis and I don't know if that would affect the pain even more (though I have a high tolerance for pain). It's definitely just an idea for now, but I think I'd be interested in going ahead with it in a few years (the college I may be attending doesn't allow any of the students to have any ink).

I also plan on just doing it in sections, like you suggested. I'd probably just go in three different times to get it done. Thank you for the advice though, I appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    If I were to get a tattoo it'd be tribal style. I like those designs a lot.

I would totally get multiple astronomy-related stuff inked on me too. I would put this on my back:

- Arecibo Message

This on my left forearm:

- Drake Equation.

OMG. Epicness tat idea.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

OMG. Epicness tat idea.
    ...If I get lost in space; I'll know my way back home! Then again I'll probably end up like that kid from Waterworld who had that tattoo of a map on her back that led to "dry land."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

greatest tattoo ever:
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?