User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

Thread: Tattoos

MBTI
    IXFP

Default Tattoos! Want one? Got One?

I've been seriously thinking about getting a tattoo or two.

If you have one feel free to show it off or tell me about it.

If you want one, what are you thinking of getting?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss

MBTI
    ISTP

I'd like to have a few, but I doubt I'll ever get any (for personal reasons).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Attachment 2823

I've got identical ones on each arm.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    IXFP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Attachment 2823

I've got identical ones on each arm.
    Very cool Celtic knots. I'm kinda confused though. Your tattoos look Irish, but you have the whole Scotsman thing going.

What made you decide to go with Celtic knots and the clover?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr Seuss

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I have one, might be getting another December, maybe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Simply put, I can't think of anything that will be incredibly awesome for me at the age 19, and age 50.

And when you get old, and the skin sags, they look horrible.

Otherwise, I'd be tatted up like hell. I love the look of tattoos. I'd like to have short sleeves and shoulders done in tattoos, but I know I never will.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INFP

When I was a teen I wanted one. Only the outsiders of society wore them then and I felt like one. I wanted to be a dark gypsy carnie. Rebellious and mysterious. Yep, that's me. Now the carnies look like preppies in their working clothes. Only way they can advertise their social difference. Heh. 'spose they're all saving money to get them taken off now.

Later I considered getting the obligatory Harley one when I first started riding but I wanted something well done and the artist I chose was out of my price range.

About ten years ago I considered having some vines done around scar tissue on my thigh and the artist told me it was ill advised to tattoo on scar tissue.

I think at the present I'd feel like someone come late to the party and tagging along.

"Hey, Grandpa! Wheel over here and have a look at my new tat. When are they serving us dinner? Is that Hendrix on the musac? CRANK IT, NURSE!"

Knowing that my tastes and interests change about every ten years was also a factor in my hesitation.

And, as Evan mentioned, my friends who got them thirty years ago are pretty unhappy with the effects of age and gravity on their once fresh bodywork.

So I guess I missed the boat on this one.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP

I have 3. One bigish one on my lowback..its a magnolia, my moms favorite flower...and my boys names on the bacj of my shoulders....I know they will always mean something to me. And when I get old and saggy....I 'll just put on a shirt!!!HAHAHA
    "bad things happen when people touch me!!"

MBTI
    EXXP

I have two. I love them both, one is 10 years old. And I'm not too concerned with aging, I really hope I'm not exposing that flesh where they are located anymore
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

2 of mine are on my ankles- a pretty boney area so I'm not that concerned about them sagging with age- I've never seen saggy ankles on someone!

The other is on my hip, so I can't get super obese or it'll probably stretch a bit

All 3 are to commemorate different parts of my life so far- I haven't regretted any of them yet- I look on them as a nice permanent memento of a different lifestage
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett