User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    You can always repair it or buy a new one.

I think bikes are cool in the busy cities, like NY. Can get anywhere much faster than with a car... I've seen and heard about those daily traffic jams too much.
    agreed.:
    Could always go the super hipster route & get a Vespa.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

I would really like to own a bust of karl marx, another of freud, another of erich fromm (they dont make them), some miniatures of Rodin's kiss, the thinker and the Yakshi statue (this isnt made either, you cant even get the usual pictures, posters, prints and canvas prints which are on Amazon of just about every other popularly searched imagine there is online, I assume its a popular imagine since when I finally discovered what it was and were it was from all the websites refered to it as a famous statue, I'd never heard of it).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I'm not too into things. I've always been fairly minimalist. There are some things I consider difficult to replace, and those are usually the ones I've made myself. I have a couple of paintings I've done that would be hard to part with, and I'd hate to lose my laptops cause of all the shit I have stored on it.

The one thing I consider absolutely irreplaceable is a hard drive I have that has all my music on it, which has close to 10,000+ songs on it at this point, and has taken me years to put together at this point.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm gonna build a digital library and save a whole bunch of physical space in doing so!

I already got through one half of the first book to enter my collection, and I am so excite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I'm not too into things. I've always been fairly minimalist. There are some things I consider difficult to replace, and those are usually the ones I've made myself. I have a couple of paintings I've done that would be hard to part with, and I'd hate to lose my laptops cause of all the shit I have stored on it.

The one thing I consider absolutely irreplaceable is a hard drive I have that has all my music on it, which has close to 10,000+ songs on it at this point, and has taken me years to put together at this point.
    You can store the data to a different hard drive or to internet storage, to cloud storage, to tapes, floppys, CDs, DVDs, to Blu-Rays, to SSDs, to USB keys, to micro cards... The list goes on - your HDD is very much replaceable. In fact, it can be replaced by either a much more reliable storage device or by a much fast storage device.

@Ism for some reason, I find it more pleasant to read a book in the physical form. Maybe I'd feel different if it was a tablet, especially if it's a modern, fast tablet. But I wouldn't read a book on my desktop.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

@Ism for some reason, I find it more pleasant to read a book in the physical form. Maybe I'd feel different if it was a tablet, especially if it's a modern, fast tablet. But I wouldn't read a book on my desktop.
    Fair enough! But I think it's cool to do since it's a lot more convenient. A fire burns down your house and everything in it? Including your books? Hey, that's okay! You still have those same exact books in twelve other digital copies in various formats and documentations! You will never be without your books or anything else that can be store digitally again.

That's besides the point, though, lol. I don't mind reading off of desktops at all, so it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    Fair enough! But I think it's cool to do since it's a lot more convenient. A fire burns down your house and everything in it? Including your books? Hey, that's okay! You still have those same exact books in twelve other digital copies in various formats and documentations! You will never be without your books or anything else that can be store digitally again.

That's besides the point, though, lol. I don't mind reading off of desktops at all, so it works out.
    You can always visit the library or a book store, or Ebay. Unless your books are very rare and cost a thousand bucks.

MBTI
    INtP

I've got a number of childhood toys that I'd hate to get rid of, but realistically serve no particular purpose. They're in a box in a closet somewhere...

I've got a pretty extensive collection of science fiction and fantasy books I've bought over the last 20 years, some of which would qualify (my hardback Eye of The World, which was signed in-person by Robert Jordan before he passed is likely the only irreplaceable one).

A year ago I'd have said my laptop... but I now have a newer desktop, so the laptop seldom gets used... although if my house were on fire, it would undoubtedly be among the first five things I'd grab.

The actual "winner" is sort of silly. My first semester of college (Fall1989), I took my report card and started using it as a bookmark. I've used it as such for 23 years now, and although it's not readable, and is no longer one folded piece of paper but 3 separate pieces that have split along the original folds, yellowed, and generally pretty frayed, it has quite a bit of meaning. It's literally been used as a bookmark in every book I've read for the last 23 years - it's seen me through college, graduate school, moving across the country (and 4 times within my current city), and on every trip I've ever taken.

I've thought to have it laminated, but figured it would lose some of its charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On topic: I thought such actions, being sentimental, is an Fi thing. It seems that plenty other types do that too. Makes me wonder about cognitive functions.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

You can store the data to a different hard drive or to internet storage, to cloud storage, to tapes, floppys, CDs, DVDs, to Blu-Rays, to SSDs, to USB keys, to micro cards... The list goes on - your HDD is very much replaceable. In fact, it can be replaced by either a much more reliable storage device or by a much fast storage device.
    Darlin, you are painfully literal.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth