User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

Me too. They look and feel extremely unwelcoming. Not that the stark and brightly-lit confines of (e.g.) an Apple store are particularly appealing either, but Abercrombie & Fitch's aesthetic is repellent.
    HAHAH!! @senza tema I didn't even see your post but that IS the vibe the store has! "Heey little girl.. come in here.. we have all the hip things in here.. its okay.. shh.. just let it happen."

I very much so feel comfortable in an apple store though.. bright, energetic, crowded so employees don't bug me unless I want them to...

My favorite kind of stores, fyi: comic book shops, half price books, thrift stores, and stores with amusing characteristics.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

LOVE ZONE

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Does anyone else just despise sales people? I'll walk into a store and within a few minutes I am approached by one.

"Can I help you with anything?"
    This is exactly what I was going to say. This drives me bonkers- when I can't go more than 10 feet in any direction without someone coming up to me and asking me if I'm finding everything okay or if I need help. Or sometimes I can be standing in one place comparing different items on a wall- and get interrupted several times by different salespeople who happen to walk by. That makes it hard for me to think. I'll ask if I need help.

I think they really ought to teach salespeople that if you approach someone- and they distinctly avoid looking at you, and seem to be distracted with their own thoughts- it's not necessary to to actually speak. Simply standing right there looking at you, wearing a name badge and/or any other number of "I work here, and I can help you" indications is enough to have clearly made oneself available for assistance.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I very much so feel comfortable in an apple store though.. bright, energetic, crowded so employees don't bug me unless I want them to...

I tolerate crowds, I don't seek them out.

My favorite kind of stores, fyi: comic book shops, half price books, thrift stores, and stores with amusing characteristics.
    Me too. Not that I shop for comics or used books, but on occasion I will peruse them. They have character and charm, which other stores do not. (*cough*Apple*cough*)

My favourite store used to be the main downtown Hudson's Bay store, which is a 100+ year old Edwardian building.

There used to be a dining room on the top floor with oak-paneled walls and brass finish all over. Next to it was the toy department, which had enormous Lego displays when I was a kid. It had a "bargain basement", where everything was still on sale. The basement retained a lot of the original finishes too.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I love Chamblin Bookmine right by where I live.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    This is exactly what I was going to say. This drives me bonkers- when I can't go more than 10 feet in any direction without someone coming up to me and asking me if I'm finding everything okay or if I need help. Or sometimes I can be standing in one place comparing different items on a wall- and get interrupted several times by different salespeople who happen to walk by. That makes it hard for me to think. I'll ask if I need help.

I think they really ought to teach salespeople that if you approach someone- and they distinctly avoid looking at you, and seem to be distracted with their own thoughts- it's not necessary to to actually speak. Simply standing right there looking at you, wearing a name badge and/or any other number of "I work here, and I can help you" indications is enough to have clearly made oneself available for assistance.
    I hate that too! Sephora is the worst for that. I like looking at stuff there, but after being approached by the 15th person in less than 5 minutes, I get testy.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Places with like advertisements and magazines and SALE! DEAL! BONUS OFFER! everywhere with like some lady talking about deals over the speakers make me wanna like throw everything off the shelves and start a revolution.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I hate that too! Sephora is the worst for that. I like looking at stuff there, but after being approached by the 15th person in less than 5 minutes, I get testy.
    The unfortunate thing is is that usually that happens because of managers getting their necks breathed down because no one ever goes to complain about people being TOO attentive--just not enough.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

In a sales position one has to sell.

It's hard to do that without talking to others.

Id rather annoy customers than lose my job.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    In a sales position one has to sell.

It's hard to do that without talking to others.

Id rather annoy customers than lose my job.
    This is true haha I mean they have to do it. I've been a sales person too. I actually liked it a lot because they were awesome stores. I think it's possible to do it without being annoying tho some if them are super annoying. Depends on the store.