User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: do you feel uncomfortable walking into any stores?

9w1 sx/so

Maybe uncomfortable like Annoyed if its too bright or ugly or has buzzing lights and annoying people in it and just a bad energy vibe but that's not often. I went into a store like that at some outlet mall during Christmas one time and its just kind of ruined my mood for a bit but no not really ever that I can think if in any other sort if way.

I don't like those places that spray a shit ton of perfume in the air. It hurts my nostrils.
    Also rape-ily dark stores with loud music like Hollister.

I tune people out completely.

Since this was revived..

Stores that make me uncomfortable:
    - Spencers. I still go in there, but I feel like someone's watching me to see if I look at the naughty bits of the store or if I stay in the kiddy area.
    - Hollister I think? The Abercrombie and Fitch store with the mexican-style tile roof display that's super dark. It just seems like I don't belong at all near there.
    - Places that are too fancy. Like Williams Sonoma. I feel like if I trip over my own feet one time I'll be doing slave labor for the next 5 years replacing what I damaged.
    - High end clothing stores. I know I can't afford anything in there. They know I can't afford anything in there. It's just awkward all around.
    - Shoe stores where the people try to help you pick the shoes. Just stand there, at a distance, and answer my questions as I shout them across the room plz.
    - Sex shops. I'm just a total prude when it comes to them--even if the thing I want from there isn't even naughty or sexy in nature. (exception: I've had to buy items that were not at all for me in any way, shape, or form, and then I had no problem asking explicit details and accomplishing the mission that way.)
    - Stores like Sephora and Ulta.. I'm scared they want to doll me up in things that will make my face break out.
    - The whole foods store. As much as I like some select things in them, I feel like I'm getting gluten intolerance just being in there.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned Array
    5w6 sp/sx

I did feel uncomfortable walking into a licensed brothel for a tour one time.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. Car dealers are the worst.

Does anyone else just despise sales people? I'll walk into a store and within a few minutes I am approached by one.

"Can I help you with anything?"

"No! Just leave me the fuck alone and let me shop by myself!!!"

Okay...maybe I have too big of an issue with other people.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

Costco almost gave me a melt-down. Not sure why
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Also rape-ily dark stores with loud music like Hollister.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    - Hollister I think? The Abercrombie and Fitch store with the mexican-style tile roof display that's super dark. It just seems like I don't belong at all near there.

Me too. They look and feel extremely unwelcoming. Not that the stark and brightly-lit confines of (e.g.) an Apple store are particularly appealing either, but Abercrombie & Fitch's aesthetic is repellent.

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar

I feel uncomfortable when walking into "Victoria Secret" if there is not a woman with me. People look at me like I'm some type of pervert. Also, I feel uncomfortable walking into a predominantly African American barbershop as well. I don't have a problem with black people, I just feel really out of place. Also, one time I walked into an all Hispanic restaurant and I felt pretty weird there too.

File Cabinet? As a username? I think that's odd but good thread.

I dont really feel uncomfortable in any stores, some I just find annoying, like large cosmetic sections with attendents or when you walk past sales stations in a mall and someone approaches you and asks if you have a minute, I dont, I dont have a minute for charities so I dont have a minute for businesses who I've not sought out in the first place to seek a deal from.