User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Yes. Hollister. I've never gone into one. I don't think I ever would without a gas mask or something. I do buy tee shirts for myself and my daughters at Hot Topic. I'm sure they play the music really loud to keep people like me from making the place uncool with my presence, but too bad for them. I wear ear buds half the time when I shop anyway.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

No particular stores make me feel uncomfortable, but salespeople can put me on edge. I've literally told a few to "Leave me the fuck alone".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Any deserted store with overly attentive help.
    I really hate that, it's so awkward especially when you don't really plan on buying anything.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Yes. Hollister. I've never gone into one. I don't think I ever would without a gas mask or something. I do buy tee shirts for myself and my daughters at Hot Topic. I'm sure they play the music really loud to keep people like me from making the place uncool with my presence, but too bad for them. I wear ear buds half the time when I shop anyway.
    Don't shop at Abercrombie or Hollister! Christ, those stores might as well change their names to "The Tool Shed" based on the clientele. I could grab those assholes by their popped collars and strangle them with their puka shell necklaces.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTJ

I feel uncomfortable when I walk to Wal-Mart, sometimes. It's all because of that 'Big Box Mart' song my dad loves on JibJab. My mother, on the other hand, loves Wal-Mart.

Oh, and Garage. I hate their revealing clothes. >.<
    f a s h i o n
    c a n
    b e
    l o v e ♥

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Don't shop at Abercrombie or Hollister! Christ, those stores might as well change their names to "The Tool Shed" based on the clientele. I could grab those assholes by their popped collars and strangle them with their puka shell necklaces.
    Oh Mercury, and I thought you were gonna go somewhere in Hollywood.

I used to feel uncomfortable in fancy stores, even when I had the disposable income (through bad fiscal planning) to waste on ridiculous stuff I didnt' need. Now I embrace more of a 'fuck it, I live here' mentality and I try to own my space.

Buuuuuuuuuut -yeah, stores are all 'experiential/lifestyle' spaces that try to recreate a lifestyle/psychograhic demographic $$$ slice of reality so even with my hyperactive Ne and nutty Fi I'm not paranoid when I say some stores aren't very welcoming of you depending on how well you fit with their intended demographic and really don't care for your business.

The last time I had the 'bitchy store' experience, I went into this 'antique interior desing' store called 'Good Wood' in U St. in DC -- the hip/ster urbane neighborhood (as opposed to Dupont, the hip yuppier well-heeled neighborhood). Good god, with a name like 'good wood' that may give you an idea of how self-conscious the store is but with all the beat up 'antiques' and no a/c I'm really surprised they could muster the gravitas for it.

Anywhoo, I was wearing gym clothes and the woman working there literally looked me up and down and made a face.

And there's my review. Sorry, I thought this was another website. LOLZ.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I laughed when I saw this title and thought "Pssh, no" but then I just realized there's this one store in the mall here where you hear music coming out, it's all dark, and the only thing you can see from the outside is pictures of shirtless dudes. Yeah, I've never gone in there and I never will.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

figsfiggyfigs

Depends on what I'm wearing. I am not a fan of walking into Chanel while wearing my sweatsuit and mah uuuuhhgggsss. CAUSE I DO THAT SHIT SOMETIMES.

Only if I don't know whether I want to buy anything from the store when I am outside or when I don't actually want to buy anything from the store at all and I'm just being irrational. Sadly these usually happen about 70-80% of the time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Yes, I especially hate clothes stores. Always some sales woman (are there even men working in that sector?) coming and pressuring you and giving you "helpful" advice and it is hard to get rid of them. I guess I should be thankful that they try to help you, but they come off as annoying and I just want to look around in peace.